Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Is this real life?

Is it really that much worse than this??? 

Gallagher, Mete, 3rd for ROR and something that isn't Eich/Reino/Risto/Mitts/Dahlin? I'm probably jumping on that.

I'd jump at Gallagher and Mete but adding the 3rd with it, no way even for the Habs GM

I'm not sure Price is better. I read somewhere that outside of his Vezina season, the last 7 years he's been like 19th in even strength save percentage

And he was truly, truly bad this year

I agree though that Gallagher is the piece I'm most interested in. 

Gallagher and Mete? I'm close. Gallagher, Mete, 3rd for ROR and something that isn't Eich/Reino/Risto/Mitts/Dahlin? I'm probably jumping on that.

Also, today I read this gem from a Habs fan: ROR + 1st overall for Pacioretty + 3rd overall

Is this real life?

Ken Campbell in The Hockey News Podcast Mock Draft Traded ROR and First Overall for Karlsson and the Fourth Overall Pick

Ken Campbell in The Hockey News Podcast Mock Draft Traded ROR and First Overall for Karlsson and the Fourth Overall Pick

No way I trade a young Karlsson for an old Karlsson, we're not close enough to winning to give up our long time future

Ken Campbell needs to quit taking whatever drugs he is currently on.

That is the worse mock trade I have ever seen.  The difference between Dahlin and the 4th pick is canyon like.   ROR for Karlsson straight up....maaayyybe.  

Would Prefer #3 overall and Drouin for ROR

I have had a feeling for some time that JBott covets Brady Tkachuk and he would trade O'Reilly to get him.[/size]

Put me in the camp of those who think it would be a mistake to trade O'Reilly.[/size]

I think making this happen with Montreal is Plan A. Edited by dudacek

https://twitter.com/SabresBuzz/status/1009865309879185409

SabresBuzz @SabresBuzz
Follow Follow @SabresBuzz
More

Chia wants Risto for #10? If I’m Botterill, I tell Chiarelli the deal is Ristolainen and #32 for pick #10 and forward prospect Kailer Yamamoto, who was Mittelstadt’s linemate at WJC in Buffalo

No way Risto for just 10th pick.

I like Adam Boqvist at 10 though if you add Yamamoto, who CM is used to playing with.  Boqvist seems to have the perfect game for Housley's system, which I get the sense Risto resisted a little last season.  Below is a great piece on Boqvist.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/06/red_wings_draft_prospect_adam.html

Edited by dejeanerret

Anyone who openly admits to losing the passion for the game to social media outlets should be immediately jettisoned the hell out of here whether we all knew it or not, this from a guy who drove drunk straight into a Timmy Ho's? STFU and play your ass off, you're on a young team and you're preaching ###### like I've lost the love of the game? If he's on the team still I'd be disappointed in Botteril but I'm pretty sure the rumblings are already in the works and have been for awhile.

Maybe he's tired of losing and being in last place every year. I don't blame him.

Athletic is proving well worth reading - researched stories about ideas and insight, not rumours or rants.

Just read an interesting piece on Canuck GM Jim Benning’s penchant for picking up guys in their early 20s who he liked as juniors who have failed to make the jump as pros. He hasn’t been getting great returns, but he doesn’t invest much, so it’s minimal risk.

A good example was Penguins bust Derrick Pouliot, who he picked up for a fourth rounder.

Pouliot will probably never make a top four, but he scored 17 points and created some depth.

Players are usually busting for a reason, but given a fresh opportunity some may respond - call it the Golden Knight syndrome.

Given our depth issues it’s something worth pursuing.

The article gave three potential wing targets that could surprise playing with one of our good centres: Sonny Milano, Michael Dal Colle and Nick Petan.

Edited by dudacek

What he actually said was in French and appears to leave wiggle room

Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 1m1 minute ago

Marc Bergevin:"je serais très surpris d'échanger mon choix de première ronde." @TVASports @CanadiensMTL

Translated from French by Microsoft

Marc Bergevin: "I would be very surprised to exchange my first round choice."

That said, I don’t expect him to make the trade.

I admire JBot for his game of chicken so far.

Just don’t cave no matter what Bergevin does.

Three or walk away.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.