Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

For shits and giggles, who do you take at 3OA? Assuming Svechnikov is taken. Whalstrome? Zadina? Or do you trade that pick for a young established player on another team?

Just for shits and giggles, because not even Bergevin is going to trade pick no. 3 and Gallagher for O'Reilly, I'd trade that pick for an established player.

I’d drop down as low as seven.

Tkachuk, Zadina, Hughes, Dobson, Wahlstrom all would be good additions and seem fairly close from my limited viewings.

I’d take Tkachuk at three, he has that indomitable prick factor that over the years we often seem to lack.

He fills a huge need on the depth chart, on the ice and in our attitude.

And he will bring out the best in Casey and Jack.

The more the idea of ROR going to MTL is floated the more I'm warming up to the trade for no reason other than Bergevin is a proven trainwreck of GM and I think JBOTs can do some serious fleecing. I don't know enough but MTL to float any proposals but I'd hope ROR would not be the only sabres heading that way (send them Girgs, or Larsson who can both play cetner with Montreal needs).

Has anyone heard of "I am Hockey" before? Brawndo, do you know if they're legit?

Even Brawndo said he didn't know whether it's legit.

I'm with your logic above:  There's no way to reconcile those two proposed trade packages.  They're way too far apart from one another.  So the *whole* cannot be accurate, even if one of the parts might be.

Edited by Eleven

I’d drop down as low as seven.

Tkachuk, Zadina, Hughes, Dobson, Wahlstrom all would be good additions and seem fairly close from my limited viewings.

This is my issue with trading for 3rd this year. There are 6 guys (I added Boqvist to your list) who I think could all be the best of the bunch, but I don't feel good enough about any one of them individually to be cool trading O'Reilly for the pick. But I also recognize #3 is probably about O'Reilly's trade value (we can quibble over higher or lower, but it's close either way). Montreal is just a really bad trade partner for us.

Per RDS Montreal would be one of the locations favored by Stastny to sign with for UFA

Well yea, Montreal loves handing out retirement contracts. I'd want to sign there too for my final deal!

Hammy is not an ROR fan.

Thanks he’s a calculated fake and overrated on the ice.

I have to agree. Hammy has repeatedly been critical of ROR. I'm glad that he's not the one orchestrating any possible deal for him. Overall I'm not that critical of Hamilton but on this I'm not in agreement. Edited by Radar

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.