Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

From Michael Russo at the Athletic

But The Athletic has learned that last weekend before Max Domi was traded from the Arizona Coyotes to the Montreal Canadiens for Alex Galchenyuk, Fenton and Coyotes GM John Chayka did talk about a framework that would send Niederreiter and Zucker to Arizona for Domi and another forward believed to be center Christian Dvorak.

One caveat: It’s likely that the Coyotes would have had to take Tyler Ennis, who has one more year left on his contract at a $4.6 million cap hit.

Jason Zucker would look great on Jack’s Wing

Is there anything stopping Botts from telling Bergevin to draft X player at three and then once July 1 hits and the Sabres pay ROR his bonus they make a deal? I know in baseball you can't trade draftees during the first year or so. 

Edited by IrwinNelson

Is there anything stopping Botts tells to Bergevin to draft X player at three and then once July 1 hits and the Sabres pay ROR his bonus they make a deal? I know in baseball you can't trade draftees during the first year or so.

They could do that as far as I know.

I’m not sure if Parayko for O’Reilly has been discussed here, but I’ve seen it elsewhere.

If we’re trading ROR, that the kind of target I’m looking at.

Parayko is tempting as a top pairing RHD. He is Risto+, but still has his shake your head moments. Young and has shown steady improvement over the past 2 seasons. StL would have to make a significant add to make this even close to something that I would consider. Not sure of his contract. Probably last year of his ELC is upcoming and he will be expensive. College kid, played at UAF, so that might make him a JBot kind of guy.

Maybe he's tired of losing and being in last place every year. I don't blame him.

Everyone in sports hates losing, everyone of these guys are competitors, only the selfish express that to the media. No need to give them even more fuel to the fire and the words he said also linger with others in the locker room, that's what creates bad environments in the first place. 

Parayko is tempting as a top pairing RHD. He is Risto+, but still has his shake your head moments. Young and has shown steady improvement over the past 2 seasons. StL would have to make a significant add to make this even close to something that I would consider. Not sure of his contract. Probably last year of his ELC is upcoming and he will be expensive. College kid, played at UAF, so that might make him a JBot kind of guy.

Parayko is typical of so many young players, he looked so good as a rookie that everyone said wait until he’s 25, he will be one of the best players in the league. Well, 25 is here and he’s not one of the best players in the league so his hype drops. Even though he is better now than he was then.

That said, he is still big and strong and plays his gaps extremely well and is the perfect complement to Dahlin on our top pair a few years from now, allowing Risto to feast on pair 2 with Borgen or Guhle or Scandella, or....

We’d have all the elements for an elite defence.

Edited by dudacek

Very much no.

Parayko I can get behind.

Zucker you get a fast scoring winger. 30 Goals last year

Coyle a Center who has two years left at 3.2 Million to fill the 2C Role until Mittelstadt is ready

And a 1st Round Pick meaning they Draft 3 times in the Top 32.

Ennis has one year left at 4.6 Million. 4th Line or waive to Rochester

I would make the deal.

Zucker had 30 goals once (averages more like 22) and is 27 in January. Coyle just had surgery on both his wrists and is 26, averages 15 goals a season. Zucker is a RFA and Coyle has 2 more years left at 3.2M. Minnesota's pick is #24. Why do i have to eat Ennis to get that?

Zucker is projected by Matt Cane to get a 4 year 5.2 Million AAV Deal, is extremely fast and would consistently score 25-30 goals with Eichel. And he is a late January Birthday meaning he still plays half the season at age 26

Coyle will fill the 2C Role until Mittelstadt is ready and then slot in into 3C or 4C depending on Asplund’s Development in Rochester.

The 24th Pick still last time I checked is a First Round Pick and since a few draft experts are saying there is a significant drop off in talent after 35-40, having three picks before then helps.

Ennis is in there to solidify 24th being included.

The Sabres are 23.6 Million under the cap. 31.1 with ROR Traded

This is what is coming in terms of salary with Reinhart’s Contract

Zucker 5.2, Ennis 4.6, Reinhart 4.1 ( Matt Cane Prediction) and Coyle 3.2

If Moulson and Ennis are waived that’s still 17 Million in Cap Space, if they are not waived 15 Million. Plenty of space to eat Ennis’s Contract.

This deal gets you a Top 6 Winger, a Depth Center and a Prospect at 24.

Is it perfect, absolutely not but as Freeman mentioned the return might not be what’s expected if they choose to move him.

Per Friedman Colton Parayko maybe on the market, St Louis is looking for a large return. Namely at the center position

Zucker, Niederreiter, Coyle all in the middle of ongoing #mnwild trade talk per Mike Russo

Now this, this gets me talking ROR. 

This page is the best page in the thread.

Zucker and Coyle would be a wonderful base. Imagine that and then swapping Risto and 32 for Klefbom and 10 because Chia sucks. 

WGR also had Dreger on this AM, this is from Chris Nichols

Not really,” conceded Dreger. “I mean Reinhart, as you guys know, has been out there for quite some time now. And Botterill wanted to use pretty much all of last season to gauge where Reinhart is, whether or not he’s a fit long term with the Buffalo Sabres. I feel like Botterill would be okay with keeping him. He’s not giving him away.

“Ristolainen is more surprising to me, and I’ve got to believe there’s a strong market for him just because when you look at defense available, it’s not overly-strong – it really, truly isn’t. Any team that has a good defenseman normally, especially if they’re Top 4 defense, you don’t want to move those pieces. So if you’re a team that’s somewhat desperate in need or has a strong need, then you’re going to inquire.

“I had heard that Anaheim had interest in Ristolainen. I’d be a little surprised if the Edmonton Oilers didn’t have interest in Ristolainen. You could probably come up with a list of 8 or 10 teams, just again projecting the type of player he’s projecting becoming when he hits full stride as a veteran NHL guy.

“But that’s another deal where Botterill has got to feel real comfortable that he’s on the winning side, otherwise he doesn’t make it.”

Reinhart, with an expiring entry-level contract, will be a restricted free agent without arbitration rights.

Ristolainen is locked up for another four seasons with a contract carrying a $5.4 million cap hit.

So winning Dahlin placed us in that alternate universe where Anaheim comes looking to Buffalo for D, not the other way around, as long expected?

“These are mad times we live in, mad!”

Good stuff. Keep it coming, please.

Parayko is typical of so many young players, he looked so good as a rookie that everyone said wait until he’s 25, he will be one of the best players in the league. Well, 25 is here and he’s not one of the best players in the league so his hype drops. Even though he is better now than he was then.

That said, he is still big and strong and plays his gaps extremely well and is the perfect complement to Dahlin on our top pair a few years from now, allowing Risto to feast on pair 2 with Borgen or Guhle or Scandella, or....

We’d have all the elements for an elite defence.

Imagine the RHD of Parayko, Risto and Dahlin (if he is kept on the right) to start the season. Protected minutes for Dahlin to learn, Risto finally not seeing 30 minutes of ice time each night. It's a dream. But at what cost?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.