Botterill End Of Year Presser: Wednesday, 2pm EDT

WildCard

Disappointed, going to have to be better, we are not as far away as some people think, there will be some changes, we will be better next year...............did I miss anything? 

Something, something, prospects, draft, something.

I think it is covered now.

Hamilton: "Jason, it's been a tough tough season.    How much of that do you attribute to the players learning a new system which resulted in a slow start, that they just never seemed to recover from which seemed to snowball into December and January before they had a chance to really grasp the details of what Phil was asking them to do on the ice which was a significant departure from what they were asked to do under the previous coaching staff of Dan Bylsma and blah blah blah blah..."

JBOTS:  "Yes"

</presser> 

Edited by pi2000

My bet is that it's all GMSpeak and nothing controversial at all.

Yes. Botterill is a manager through and through. He’s about preparation and execution, he’s not an ego-driven firebrand or a colourful quote machine whose going rally the masses.

I think he will express his disappointment and promise to do better. I hope he will do it in a way that sounds capable and committed.

But he won’t be throwing people under the bus or tipping his hand.

Hamilton: "Jason, it's been a tough tough season. How much of that do you attribute to the players learning a new system which resulted in a slow start, that they just never seemed to recover from which seemed to snowball into December and January before they had a chance to really grasp the details of what Phil was asking them to do on the ice which was a significant departure from what they were asked to do under the previous coaching staff of Dan Bylsma and blah blah blah blah..."

JBOTS: "Yes"

</presser>

Now I won’t need to tune in.

Nailed it.

Edited by dudacek

What I want him to say. I accepted this job for the opportunity to build around a generational talent like Jack, but the mess created by the prior management team was far worse then I imagined.

This borders on the hackneyed Kruschev "Three Envelopes" trope.  Anybody who's been paying even the slightest bit of attention gets it, the franchise was a mess the day JBOTs walked in.  Don't need him to remind us, just give me something to make me think he might have a plan going forward.

My bet is that it's all GMSpeak and nothing controversial at all.

But we'll find controversy anyway.  It's what we do.

My feelings as well.

It's what we do, indeed.

Disappointed, going to have to be better, we are not as far away as some people think, there will be some changes, we will be better next year...............did I miss anything? 

You don't have to clear your speeches with us, Jason.

Well, apparently Harrington has been on the "Pegula should be there" train all morning, so I imagine at least several minutes will be wasted on that line of questioning.

I always look forward to valuable press conference time being wasted by our local media chuds trying to clumsily ask leading or provocative questions that no one is dumb enough to answer.

Well, apparently Harrington has been on the "Pegula should be there" train all morning, so I imagine at least several minutes will be wasted on that line of questioning.

"Jason, in light of how bad this season was, why isn't Terry Pegula here and do you think he owes us answers?"

PA is secretly Harrington?

Well done.  The longest of long cons.

PA is secretly Harrington?

Well done.  The longest of long cons.

Sadly, althought I am a derp, I do have a chin.

I am so sick of my typos. I am going to stop correcting them. I think that's the only way to fix it.

Edited by PASabreFan

- Very happy with Reinhart's 2nd half - illustrates communicating with coaching staff and growing as a young player. Sounds like Reinhart is staying

- Will follow up with Matt Moulson after AHL team is done in the playoffs

- Nelson is a good example of what we need to do here as an organization; develop guys through Rochester. Sounds big on Nelson

- One thing you want next year: team speed up front, have to get faster on the wings. Baptiste and Bailey contributed to that.

- Will be spots for wingers from Rochester to come up next year and play. Mentions Nylander, Smith, Ogelvie, etc. 

- We don't have the depth to overcome injuries

- There's been a lot of talk, and no action. I don't wanna hear how disappointed the players are, I want to know how they're going to change it

- Mentions Mittelstadt a lot, how excited he is for him

- Asplund and Olofsson: hopeful both play in world championships, neither able to come to Rochester until worlds are over. Both will be here next year

- Exit Interviews: Nobody asked for a trade, exit interviews 'flat out sucked'

- Simple things like development camps are important for us, need to strengthen younger guys being introduced to the system

- Again, mentions Mittelstadt for this

- 'C' for Eichel: matured a lot, better away from the puck, better on pp, taken the right steps just like Reinhart has

- Eichel can't be the only one leading the team. It's imperative we have more than one voice leading. We cannot have vets that have been to the playoffs not being leaders anymore, we cannot have young guys that have been on this team for 3-4 years not being leaders anymore

- Terry: Level of anger is pretty high, GM: 'I've been here for one year, and I've been pretty pissed and upset this year. It sucks that we [won't be in the playoffs]. We have all the resources here to have success...yet it hasn't transpired here."

- This year has reinforced my belief in what a good organization looks like, and how it should function. When we did that, we had success on the ice

- Giving NHL experience is a good thing, but just like there is good things [Casey's goal] there are bad experience [losing 5-6 games while Casey was up here]

- How much roster change/how big is the group (core): Has to be change, will be change. Have to look at everything, including changing our core players. Will be involved in FA, but big believer in that you can't build a team just through FA, must come from withing/draft. 

Edited by Jokertecken

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.