Ryan O'Reilly: "Stuck with the mindset of losing"

LGR4GM

I don't get caring that he'd be in the division. If he's THAT good you don't trade him. My goodness, the juggernaut that the ROR-led Habs would be.

I agree. I don't want to trade him to Montreal but that's only because if we're trading him I either want a young cost controlled center in return or a young stud defenseman coming back and they don't have either. Not trading him within the division does nothing but eliminate 25% of the potential market for him.

I don't want anything Montreal has.

Are you sure about that?

:flirt:

I don't get caring that he'd be in the division. If he's THAT good you don't trade him. My goodness, the juggernaut that the ROR-led Habs would be.

I can't see ROR going to Montreal.  He doesn't speak enough (?) French.

On the other hand, there is a very sizable Irish population in Montreal.

Freeing up that cap hit and gaining younger assets is the right thing to do. Given his reputation, I'd think the return would be better than Duchene.

For Montreal, that might be first and a legit prospect?

If you think the return for ROR would be higher then Duchene, why would you say only a first and a prospect in return? Duchene got 2 firsts (I'm counting Bowers as a 1st because he was in 2017). 2 prospects and a 2nd round pick.

That means Montreal is giving 2 prospects (they only have 1 I even like) their first this year, their first next year. Their 2nd this year. And that's where the conversation starts. Maybe if they had Sergachev still but they don't. A team would have to overpay to get me to trade them ROR and Montreal doesn't really have the prospect pool to do it. Therefore I'm keeping ROR.

Again, I want ROR on this team. The exception is for a ridiculous trade offer.

I really think the best way for this team to overcome this mindset of losing is to NOT TRADE AWAY OUR BEST PLAYERS!!!

JEBUS H CHRISPY on a hand truck, no more picks and prospects!!!

You mean maybe let them figure it out? I'm starting to agree.

I really think the best way for this team to overcome this mindset of losing is to NOT TRADE AWAY OUR BEST PLAYERS!!!

There's the problem.  Want to trade Kane because "it's obvious" he's not coming back?  Fine.  Do it in November (when it was, or should have been, equally "obvious,") and get roster players for him.  Don't wait until it's too late.

Edited by Eleven

Amen and Halleluia!

There's the problem.  Want to trade Kane because "it's obvious" he's not coming back?  Fine.  Do it in November (when it was, or should have been, equally "obvious,") and get roster players for him.  Don't wait until it's too late.

As I said after the deadline, it is mismanagement bordering on negligence to allow a player you do not expect to sign to get to rental status.  It is a damned near guaranteed reduction in roster talent even if you look at it with a long term view.

This

Amen and Halleluia!

As I said after the deadline, it is mismanagement bordering on negligence to allow a player you do not expect to sign to get to rental status.  It is a damned near guaranteed reduction in roster talent even if you look at it with a long term view.

and this

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.