Who was the most improved Buffalo Sabre this season ? Who disappointed you the most?

millbank

How about the rest of the awards? (Team Awarded)

Team MVP - Eichel (Eichel)

Unsung Hero - Nelson (Girgensons)

Rookie of the Year? No One (Antipin)

Play of the year? Who cares, most likely Eichel anyway.

Performance of the year? Eichel's hattrick or his 5 Assist Night

Goal of the Year? Eichel versus Maple Leafs (All of them)

Best Acquisition? Scandella - He's a middle 6 Dman we acquired for scraps

Worst Acquisition? Beaulieu

lol, that is exactly what first popped into my head. 

The tale of two seasons;

The first half the most disappointing

The second half the most Improved.

IMO, Reinhart came to camp out of shape and played his way into it as the season went on. 

Most improved - Reinhart 

Most disappointing - Lehner / Johnson

Edited by Gramps

IMO, Reinhart came to camp out of shape and played his way into it as the season went on. 

Interesting. First time I’ve heard that one.

Just an observation, or have you heard things?

Too me, he looked more tentative than labouring early.

Interesting. First time I’ve heard that one.

Just an observation, or have you heard things?

Too me, he looked more tentative than labouring early.

Just an observation, but he seemed a lot slower in the first half of the season. Don't understand how he would be tentative as he had a good 2016-17. 

Looking at it from where they were in April '17 vs April '18, would go w/ Nelson for most improved. He was barely an AHLer & looks like he is a 3rd pairing NHLer now. Unfortunately, due to injuries he was used as a 2nd pairing guy almost the whole time he was up.

Most disappointing. Too hard to narrow it down at present. If only looking at a portion of the season, the pre-AS break Reinhart wins going away. Not that there was necessarily a better offer out there for him, but 2 conditional picks & O'Regan for Kane was also quite disappointing. There's a LOT of other stuff that could be up there in the running.

Most improved? I dunno, I guess Nelson but really does it matter? 

So many disappointments. Too many. Big one for me was Ullmark. Honestly, he didn't look that great and if he isn't, well we don't have a goalie. 

Jordan Nolan's been a huge disappointment. I thought he might bring a little fire and physicality that would rub off on others but he was just disinterested most of the time. DesLaurier wasn't any good, but he was better for Montreal than Nolan was for us. 

Eichel still has a only plays when he wants to attitude so that's huge too. I think he'd be good on a winner, but no way is this kid going to be a leader.

I was trying to give different answers from the previous, but heck, just say everybody and everything. 

Most improved? I dunno, I guess Nelson but really does it matter? 

So many disappointments. Too many. Big one for me was Ullmark. Honestly, he didn't look that great and if he isn't, well we don't have a goalie. 

Jordan Nolan's been a huge disappointment. I thought he might bring a little fire and physicality that would rub off on others but he was just disinterested most of the time. DesLaurier wasn't any good, but he was better for Montreal than Nolan was for us. 

Eichel still has a only plays when he wants to attitude so that's huge too. I think he'd be good on a winner, but no way is this kid going to be a leader.

I was trying to give different answers from the previous, but heck, just say everybody and everything. 

But DLo was never any good for us.  We needed something different there.  DLo had a good rebound year but if we'd have kept him he would have been the same ol' DLo.

But DLo was never any good for us.  We needed something different there.  DLo had a good rebound year but if we'd have kept him he would have been the same ol' DLo.

Yeah, and the position he was put in to get his 8 or whatever goals in Montreal versus an actual hockey player being there is a big reason why they had such a bad season (no forward depth or talent)

How about the rest of the awards?
Team MVP: Jack Eichel
Unsung Hero: Marco Scandella
Rookie of the Year?:  Viktor Antipin
Play of the year?:  Honestly, the Nashville game - Five assists for Eichel, Hat trick for Sam and 2 goals from Okposo
Performance of the year? the Ullmark Shut out against Columbus
Goal of the Year? Every goal against Toronto and Ottawa ( both of them)
Best Acquisition? Marco Scandella
Worst Acquisition? Jordan Nolan for forwards and Nathan Beaulieu on D. 

Most improved: ERod, Nelson.

Jack was Jack; individual greatness whose potential is stifled by those around him.

Most disappointing: Everyone else, including coaches and GM. I especially thought the D was going to be greatly improved.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.