What awful number will Rip give Casey?

darksabre

So is this really true, Rip issuing numbers? Or is it an urban legend. I suppose it's true, and it goes to my longstanding point about a sort of "deep state" surrounding the Sabres. The whole coterie of people who can never be fired, who continue to poison the well of Sabres hockey, needs to go. The medical staff, the trainers, the equipment guys, media relations, alumni, broadcasters — president after president, they are immovable. (A few have come and gone, sure. Most have remained. Imagine Larry Playfair and Danny Gare and Rob regaling the kids with woeful tales of past defeats.)

Edited by PASabreFan

So is this really true, Rip issuing numbers? Or is it an urban legend. I suppose it's true, and it goes to my longstanding point about a sort of "deep state" surrounding the Sabres. The whole coterie of people who can never be fired, who continue to poison the well of Sabres hockey, needs to go. The medical staff, the trainers, the equipment guys, media relations, alumni, broadcasters — president after president, they are immovable. (A few have come and gone, sure. Most have remained. Imagine Larry Playfair and Danny Gare and Rob regaling the kids with woeful tales of past defeats.)

Even if true, doesn't it tell us that Rip may be the best talent evaluator the Sabres have?

While I think the idea of "good" and "bad" hockey numbers as being ridiculous, I know that enough people care about it for it to be a thing.

With that said, when has Rip ever issued a bad number to someone who was worth squirt? And conversely, all the somewhat decent players we have had, have had those"good" numbers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.