Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

My guess is that Peterman was about to be off the roster once Anderson got up to speed.  Sadly, that plan was thrown out the window thanks to the injury.  Say what you want about Peterman, but at this stage, to go with two QBs unfamiliar with the playbook just isn't doable, so he's not going away at this point.  Maybe they can find another QB on the scrap heap, but that still requires a few more weeks of Peterman on the main roster.

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

A quick convo with a trusted media member with daily contact with the Bills:

”The plan was to start AJ or Nate.
Allen’s apparent progress in first 2 preseason games opened possibility of him starting season, then the Bengals game happened.
They were planning on keeping AJ until the Raiders approached with trade offer.”

FWIW...

The bolded is VERY troubling to me.  That says they didn't see a need to look to get rid of McCarron, that there wasn't some behind the scenes issue driving his departure.  

They simply did an analysis and decided that 'meh' player that a high 5th rounder will become would be more valuable to the franchise moving forward than developing Allen properly would be.  That is horrible planning/evaluation IMHO.  To so completely fail to see just how bad this could work out is stupefying.  They seem to have little to  no concept of risk nor risk minimization.

I've not been on the dump McBean bandwagon.  Might just hop on now.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, shrader said:

My guess is that Peterman was about to be off the roster once Anderson got up to speed.  Sadly, that plan was thrown out the window thanks to the injury.  Say what you want about Peterman, but at this stage, to go with two QBs unfamiliar with the playbook just isn't doable, so he's not going away at this point.  Maybe they can find another QB on the scrap heap, but that still requires a few more weeks of Peterman on the main roster.

Let's be honest, does Peterman know the playbook?  Is it really inconceivable that you could take a random QB from the pile and insert them into the lineup and basically say "Don't throw to the other team" and get better results?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sue Mushedchi said:

Colin Kaepernick?  1050 Toronto mentioned it.  I'd do it, because the net positive publicity would outweigh the negative, and maybe he can still play football.  It would be super interesting.

In a heartbeat. And I would not need any reasons other than football ones.

OTOH, man's been out the game a long time.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

How the f##k did an NFL coach and GM not see that Peterman sucks exactly this much. HOW!? Only answer is because they are in denial or oblivious. 

Why is Allen starting? 

Before you jump on Beane too hard, remember that he wasn't part of that draft.  He sure left the cupboard empty to start the season, though.

Edited by Eleven

4 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Naaah, it's better to keep pretending that a QB who started and damned near won a Super Bowl is worse than a duo of Peterman and Derek freaking Anderson.  Josh Allen meanwhile is a crappy version of Colin Kaepernick, but no we don't want him.

Colin Kaepernick is a crappy version of that superbowl Colin kaepernick.

59 minutes ago, Sue Mushedchi said:

Colin Kaepernick?  1050 Toronto mentioned it.  I'd do it, because the net positive publicity would outweigh the negative, and maybe he can still play football.  It would be super interesting.

I will re-iterate how big of a mistake it was not to pay what the Jets were asking to trade for Teddy Bridgewater in pre-season. I know inter-division trades are difficult, but if we beat NO's offer I don't see how we don't get him. If we used one of our 3rds from this draft for that we aren't in this cluster.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sue Mushedchi said:

At this point I think this door has closed unfortunately. Across the league. He’s been out of it for a while. Not to mention what he’s said about Buffalo’s vile treatment of him (among other racist moments they had shirts with bullseyes on his head).

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

The bolded is VERY troubling to me.  That says they didn't see a need to look to get rid of McCarron, that there wasn't some behind the scenes issue driving his departure.  

They simply did an analysis and decided that 'meh' player that a high 5th rounder will become would be more valuable to the franchise moving forward than developing Allen properly would be.  That is horrible planning/evaluation IMHO.  To so completely fail to see just how bad this could work out is stupefying.  They seem to have little to  no concept of risk nor risk minimization.

I've not been on the dump McBean bandwagon.  Might just hop on now.

Better hurry up, space is limited. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

We need Swampzie to analyze the ending to tell us if they used the five second delay to cover McDermott's response, with Mike jumping in to say "Sean, thanks" and make it sound like nothing happened. Kind of sounded like it. It was very abrupt. Then Mike talked about the sound of silence and said that he and Bulldog were looking at each other, and Bulldog wondered if the question about Allen's chances of practicing this week was the wrong question to ask. "Maybe they're all the wrong question," pondered Mike.

Didn't sound like a delay dump at all to me.  You could hear him hang up and there just wasn't that odd disruption to the sound you would expect if that was the case.

I also highly doubt anyone at the station would have been listening for that with his finger on the dump button!  Their not competent enough for that, and they wouldn't expect McD to swear or anything like that I don't think.

I think he was just frustrated.  I found the whole episode to be highly entertaining however.

No real follow up on any of it during today's S&B show.

11 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Didn't sound like a delay dump at all to me.  You could hear him hang up and there just wasn't that odd disruption to the sound you would expect if that was the case.

I also highly doubt anyone at the station would have been listening for that with his finger on the dump button!  Their not competent enough for that, and they wouldn't expect McD to swear or anything like that I don't think.

I think he was just frustrated.  I found the whole episode to be highly entertaining however.

No real follow up on any of it during today's S&B show.

Yep. 

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

At this point I think this door has closed unfortunately. Across the league. He’s been out of it for a while. Not to mention what he’s said about Buffalo’s vile treatment of him (among other racist moments they had shirts with bullseyes on his head).

I don’t think he’s interested in signing anywhere at this point. He’s obviously got a different goal at this point. This isn’t meant to be a shot at him, I just don’t see playing football being a part of what he wants to do right now, especially with the time that has passed, as you mentioned. 

23 hours ago, SDS said:

This may be the case. The defensive side of the ball looks great for a second straight year. The offense is a hot mess. But they knew it was going to be this way and they decided to put $54M in dead cap money into this season, load up on draft picks and salary cap space for 2019. As I said before, this all looks bad if you think they made an honest effort to win the MOST games THIS year. I am arguing they did not and have made moves to try and set themselves up for the future.

It's fine if people want to be critical of that strategy. However, it's not really logical to criticize them for not succeeding in something they aren't attempting to do at the moment. I'm sure they are well aware of the holes on offense. Their plan is to address them in the future.

And get their rookie QB killed in the process. Not a smart move any way you slice it.

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Peterman should be cut once Allen is healthy. The Bills should draft another 1st round qb. Keep doing it until you get a good one. 

T. Pegula has expressed agreement with that theory, in the past.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.