Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

So..... The bills suck. Allen could not hit a short pass to save his life last game and that's very worrysome. At the very least, I need my 7th overall qb to be hitting slants and 5-10 yard patterns. I also fear that he throws with too much zip 100% of the time, without primo receivers, those are gonna be dropped and tipped for interceptions a lot more than I'd like to see. 

Anyone else notice this? 

31 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Were we led to believe this, or did people just mistakenly believe that arm strength determines the ability to effectively throw long? 

He was terribly inaccurate in college and is terribly inaccurate in the NFL. If you're surprised by that, you must be Mcdips#!t and crew. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He was terribly inaccurate in college and is terribly inaccurate in the NFL. If you're surprised by that, you must be Mcdips#!t and crew. 

Simmah down. My point was I think there's a pretty common misconception that if someone has a rocket arm that means they'll be good at throwing it deep. Touch and the ability to throw to a spot are, of course, considerably more important. Anyway, I don't recall being sold a specific bill of goods about Allen's deep ball--I think that was a connection fans made all on their own. 

I'm surprised no one here is discussing Sean McDermott's hanging up on Schopp and Bulldog during his weekly segment with them today on WGR-550.

When the interview was over, Schopp said: "All right Sean, thanks."  And McD just hung up the phone without saying anything like "goodbye" or "you're welcome."

They then had to go to commercial break.  When the show came back, for the remaining 1/2 hour or so in the 3rd hour, Schopp simply disappeared.  He was not on-air; it was all Bulldog and Bulldog never discussed Schopp's absence.

When Hour 4 began, Mike Schopp was back and said "Where were we?" and Bulldog just laughed.  That was as much as was ever explained.

I think Schopp called McD to ask "What the hell was that about?" and they got into it on the phone, such that Schopp ended up missing roughly 1/2 hour of broadcast time.  That's all pure speculation though and I have no idea what happened.

The segment starts 12 minutes into Hour 3.  

Here's the link. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-15-hr-3-schopp-bulldog

9 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think McDermott has a second in the running. I'm too lazy to look it up, but last year he said something like "It's about respecting the process of respecting the process."

Not in the malaprop category, I think two of the greatest coach quotes in Bills history were: "They're killing me, Whitey!" — Lou Saban and Marv's "You were bought!"

6 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'm surprised no one here is discussing Sean McDermott's hanging up on Schopp and Bulldog during his weekly segment with them today on WGR-550.

When the interview was over, Schopp said: "All right Sean, thanks."  And McD just hung up the phone without saying anything like "goodbye" or "you're welcome."

They then had to go to commercial break.  When the show came back, for the remaining 1/2 hour or so in the 3rd hour, Schopp simply disappeared.  He was not on-air; it was all Bulldog and Bulldog never discussed Schopp's absence.

When Hour 4 began, Mike Schopp was back and said "Where were we?" and Bulldog just laughed.  That was as much as was ever explained.

I think Schopp called McD to ask "What the hell was that about?" and they got into it on the phone, such that Schopp ended up missing roughly 1/2 hour of broadcast time.  That's all pure speculation though and I have no idea what happened.

The segment starts 12 minutes into Hour 3.  

Here's the link. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-15-hr-3-schopp-bulldog

SM has probably getting tons of blowback from everywhere about his golden boy and he doesn't know what to do or say and he's getting super frustrated about it and he's gotta be upset about the way we lossed as well.  he tries to be super diplomatic in eery interview but i think it may be catching up with him.

We need Swampzie to analyze the ending to tell us if they used the five second delay to cover McDermott's response, with Mike jumping in to say "Sean, thanks" and make it sound like nothing happened. Kind of sounded like it. It was very abrupt. Then Mike talked about the sound of silence and said that he and Bulldog were looking at each other, and Bulldog wondered if the question about Allen's chances of practicing this week was the wrong question to ask. "Maybe they're all the wrong question," pondered Mike.

8 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Simmah down. My point was I think there's a pretty common misconception that if someone has a rocket arm that means they'll be good at throwing it deep. Touch and the ability to throw to a spot are, of course, considerably more important. Anyway, I don't recall being sold a specific bill of goods about Allen's deep ball--I think that was a connection fans made all on their own. 

The you in my OP was not YOU TrueBlue but the general you of the people who were fans of the pick. I realize that wasn't clarified. 

Allen was a physically big guy with a canon arm and that's what the coaching staff bought into. Considering how many QB's in the 6'1" to 6'3" range with medium arm strength but more accuracy make it in the NFL, it seems that once again the Bills will be without a real QB for the foreseeable future. You will get all of next year with Allen. If he is really bad that might be it. If he is mediocre (200yrds and a td per game) then that might by a 3rd year. That means we are 3 years away from taking another QB high and that is a major mistake. 

23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

We need Swampzie to analyze the ending to tell us if they used the five second delay to cover McDermott's response, with Mike jumping in to say "Sean, thanks" and make it sound like nothing happened. Kind of sounded like it. It was very abrupt. Then Mike talked about the sound of silence and said that he and Bulldog were looking at each other, and Bulldog wondered if the question about Allen's chances of practicing this week was the wrong question to ask. "Maybe they're all the wrong question," pondered Mike.

I don't think they used a 5 sec (it's usually 7) delay to mute him. It sounded like McD was at a studio, I'm guessing at the practice facility, using an ISDN line to "call into" WGR. So it sounded like he was right there with them.

I just think as soon as Schopp said, "Thanks, Sean," he pushed the mic away and got up and left without saying thanks or goodbye or anything. Kinda funny.

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The Bills should draft another QB in this upcoming draft in the 2nd or 3rd round. They should trade down at least once if not twice in the first into the teens to get extra 2nd and 3rd picks in this years draft. 

I see this idea more and more and I don’t get it. If you want a new quarterback then draft a quarterback you want in the spot you think you can attain them. Artificially choosing a couple rounds a priori does not make any sense.

McD and Beane really and unnecessarily have painted themselves into a corner with their "management" of the QB position this year.  They've made one major blunder after another:

- Failing to get any of the good vet QBs in the offseason

- Unloading McCarron and going into the season with only Allen and Peterman

- Not releasing Peterman immediately following that epic week 1 debacle

- Not bringing in another QB until after week 5

They've put themselves into a situation where they either have to start a 36-year-old career mediocrity who has been with the team for a week, or a guy who clearly can't play in the NFL and who should've been out of the league 5 weeks ago at the latest.

This series of decisions is as stupid as any move Whaley ever made -- and that's a high bar.

WTF were they thinking??

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.