Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

No need to take it that way. I was just genuinely, like, ... really? 

I have a tipping point with not wanting to see a player compete because they've done bad stuff -- but, in general, I harbor no need at all for pro athletes to be role models.

No worries, I get that, it's def a conversation that is also difficult on a message board, tones conveyed and etc etc. 

I can fully admit that I'm far from the most professional acting "professional" myself as well. And by and large, most players are not Ray Lewis level. 

Maybe it's the commercials, the rule changes, the other fluff that got in the way, or the bills being perpetually terrible and looking that part again this year 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Right out of the LTS playbook. Take the high ground, then wallow in the mud by the sixth sentence. Randall, vitriol? Maybe he's had a moment or two like we all have, but he's hardly someone I would point to as "the worst of the Internet." Go check out some comment sections.

I was referring to Flagg being on the receiving end of a vitriolic post ...   there goes the mud.   LTS, would you send me that playbook?

27 minutes ago, SwampD said:

With all this talk going on, I feel like we have lost sight of an important point.

Benjamin sucks. 

I can't find it now - not enough time - but did people see the Tweets about how multiple reporters overheard Benjamin declining Allen's proffer to go over routes and timing during the pregame warm-up period?

2 hours ago, ... said:

Because the Bills management and coaching staff are obviously white, Christian folk and prefer white, Christian folk on the team and on their staffs?  And they will, as much as possible, fulfill this vision of a white-as-possible, Christian-as-possible football organization?  I just want to make sure this is what you're saying.

Is this a "you're smarter than this..." response, AKA an evasion to actually stating the answer?  Because I want to know the answer.  I'm not "smarter than that."

Man, this is exactly what I wanted to say last night, but didn't think I'd be able to articulate it in a way people would understand.    It's smear by "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" and "you know, right, right?"  It's aspersion and innuendo of the dirtiest kind.

You know, 'cuz he's white.   You get it, right?   C'mon, don't make me say it.  Everybody knows what I'm talking about, right?

If you call a man or an organization racist, man up and make your case.  I'm not that smarter than that, either.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I can't find it now - not enough time - but did people see the Tweets about how multiple reporters overheard Benjamin declining Allen's proffer to go over routes and timing during the pregame warm-up period?

Yep. And it was the first thing I thought of when Allen just overthrew him on that deep ball in the 1st.

Cut him today.

58 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Yes, but it would've cost them something like $18MM - $20MM for them to keep TT.

If memory serves, the team saved ~$10.5M in cap space for this season by trading him when they did. That so happens to be just above the amount of money they're under the cap for this season. So there is that, for sure.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Man, this is exactly what I wanted to say last night, but didn't think I'd be able to articulate it in a way people would understand.    It's smear by "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" and "you know, right, right?"  It's aspersion and innuendo of the dirtiest kind.

You know, 'cuz he's white.   You get it, right?   C'mon, don't make me say it.  Everybody knows what I'm talking about, right?

If you call a man or an organization racist, man up and make your case.  I'm not that smarter than that, either.

There is no need for things to be so binary in this sort of conversation.

"You're either a racist, or you're not."

For heaven's sakes. It's an enormously complex issue -- with all sorts of subtleties and shading involved.

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

I was referring to Flagg being on the receiving end of a vitriolic post ...   there goes the mud.   LTS, would you send me that playbook?

Not really. You still slung mud at Doohickie, I assume. Also someone I wouldn't classify as a purveyor of vitriol. Vitriol is pretty bad.

Also, and I know I am way late to this party, but looking around on the NFL cap site (sportrac? was it) -- it is amazing to see how much dead cap the team is now carrying and how much room they will suddenly have next season. 

All of which makes their choice to roll with Peterman and so plainly have to risk playing Allen that much more confounding.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also, and I know I am way late to this party, but looking around on the NFL cap site (sportrac? was it) -- it is amazing to see how much dead cap the team is now carrying and how much room they will suddenly have next season. 

All of which makes their choice to roll with Peterman and so plainly have to risk playing Allen that much more confounding.

So what do we think the team does if Allen is out for any considerable time? Gotta think trading Shady becomes much more reasonable since winning with our other QB's is terribly unlikely. 

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not really. You still slung mud at Doohickie, I assume. Also someone I wouldn't classify as a purveyor of vitriol. Vitriol is pretty bad.

I’m not sure pointing to slung mud is slinging mud.  You assume.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

You're accusing him of exploiting his boss' religious beliefs for personal gain.  Of course it's a smear.

What do you know about Nathan that makes you think he is doing this?

Exploit is another strong term. I think Nate understands that the current owner and coach combo makes freedom of religious expression very robust in that lockerroom. I think he also understands, maybe even subconsciously, that making statements like he did will only help his cause. I don't think he goes home at night and plots his survival like Frank Underwood.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

If memory serves, the team saved ~$10.5M in cap space for this season by trading him when they did. That so happens to be just above the amount of money they're under the cap for this season. So there is that, for sure.

Of course, had they kept Tyrod, they wouldn't have McCarron's $2.1M in dead cap. Corey Coleman's $3M in dead cap also didn't happen until well after the Tyrod trade. And did we really have to pay Chris Ivory $2.5M in cap space to average 2.1 yards per attempt? Couldn't have gotten that for $300k in round 5?

Anyway, I still don't have a problem with trading Tyrod for a 3rd; the issue was is and always will be whether this group has a freaking clue on offense, from player evaluation to gameplanning and play calling. "We think $10M in cap space and a 3rd round pick is more valuable than what Tyrod brings on the field" is totally fair, even if anyone doesn't ultimately agree. "Peterman, McCarron, and Allen is a good QB group to roll with, and the preseason made it okay to start Peterman, and even if bombs so hard he can't complete a game, we won't look for an alternative backup for an entire month"....is a sign of gross incompetence. 

The process around the entirety of the offense for 2 years now is the kind of thing that gets people fired. From trading away offensive weapons, to hiring an OC so obviously not a fit for Tyrod, to voluntarily starting Peterman twice and completely ignoring the offensive side of the ball that so obviously needed an infusion of talent...holy smokes. For all of the good McBeane has done on the defensive side of the ball, none of it currently matters because of how inept they've been on the offensive side of things. All of the cap space and draft picks in the world won't mean anything if they can't identify the right players to bring in and properly coach them once they're here.

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It's unfathomable to me that an NFL regime could knowingly go into a season, in 2018, with such an obviously terrible situation on the offensive side of the ball. My suspicion, which is fairly horrifying to think about, is they actually thought they had some talent on offense. I don't think they're dim enough to mistake Kelvin Benjamin for Julio Jones, but I don't think it's crazy to think they thought he was at least a serviceable #1 option. And that's just one example. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's interesting how often religion seems to appear around this team, both the players and the coach. 

It's because if you talk about God and The Troops enough it makes you a good person. American Patriotism 101. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's unfathomable to me that an NFL regime could knowingly go into a season, in 2018, with such an obviously terrible situation on the offensive side of the ball. My suspicion, which is fairly horrifying to think about, is they actually thought they had some talent on offense. I don't think they're dim enough to mistake Kelvin Benjamin for Julio Jones, but I don't think it's crazy to think they thought he was at least a serviceable #1 option. And that's just one example. 

I will continue to assert that McBeane have no idea how to evaluate offensive talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why do the Bills stink? Bad management.  

This off-season they traded the kitchen sink to get Allen and had no backup plan at QB once Taylor was sent packing.  McCarron and Peterman aren’t NFL QBs.

They lost 2 key offensive linemen this off-season and failed to adequately replace them.

They also failed to build depth at RB behind an aging McCoy. 

These failures are directly responsible for yesterday’s loss. 

Some head need to roll.

Peterman needs to be gone and I’m ready for the GM to go.  I think McDermott has done a decent job of keeping the team together despite the worst offense in the NFL.

31 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

There is no need for things to be so binary in this sort of conversation.

"You're either a racist, or you're not."

For heaven's sakes. It's an enormously complex issue -- with all sorts of subtleties and shading involved.

There is when you are casting judgement, this stuff wouldn't be a conversation if it weren't the basis of judgement.  Is it "right" or is it "wrong".  That's pretty binary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.