Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

The extent of my following Bills draft stuff is pretty much here and anything I stumble into earshot of. Rochester radio station this morning was discussing a trade rumor involving Buffalo, Shady and a 1st for Foles.

So if they can’t move up, or if the guy they want is gone by the time they draft, plan B is Foles?

Shady and a first. Let’s see a show of hands for that one.

This could get entertaining.

Not on the field, of course.

Have a suck, don't take.

Thanks for the vine...

The extent of my following Bills draft stuff is pretty much here and anything I stumble into earshot of. Rochester radio station this morning was discussing a trade rumor involving Buffalo, Shady and a 1st for Foles.

So if they can’t move up, or if the guy they want is gone by the time they draft, plan B is Foles?

Yeah, there's no way that happens. 

The more I hear these stories of the Browns being interested in each QB, the more I feel like they're going to wait until 4 to take their QB.  What other reason could there possibly be for them leaking out these various stories?  Whether they're trying to build up a trade market for #1 or they want to take Barkley, either way, it screams QB at 4.  The beautiful thing is that since it is the Browns, you can throw out just about any stupid scenario and there's a good chance they would actually do it.

No. Actually, no. 

Note to self ... 

Return to this thread in about 5 years and see which of the Sabrespace swamis are still talkin smack 

Actually, if you are an Allen fan try and convince me he is good. 

Darnold will be a hall of famer, book it. Browns take Darnold at #1, Giants take RB or DE, Jets most likely take Mayfield or Rosen, Browns will take RB or DE and won't move. The Denver trade-up all depends on who the Jets pick. Buffalo only loves 2 guys or they would have moved to 5 spot already. If one of those two (I think Darnold or Rosen) is still there at 5, the move is made. If their two guys are already gone, hello 2nd tier Qb for the 20th year in a row.

Trading McCoy now wouldn't be the worst idea if the Bills really plan to rebuild. Running backs tend to age like milk (rather than wine) so if they plan to let McCarron take the lumps this season while letting the rookie learn from the sidelines it would be better to get value for McCoy now rather than putting another year of heavy use on his tires where there's a chance he gets hobbled by further injuries or father time gets another crack at catching up to him.

I wouldn't necessarily want to trade him and a first for Foles but they could use McCoy to help them trade up for their QB without having to use all thir high picks. He'll be 30 before the season starts and most running backs start seriously declining by age 32.

You're not going to get anything for McCoy. Might as well keep him to give the new QB some sort of offensive threat, the fans something to watch, and this team remotely near competition. The return for McCoy won't be worth the help he brings to this team in his last years

I'd be apoplectic if we traded anything of value for Nick Foles.

^

My take: Last season was McCoy's last good one in the NFL as a featured back.

This seems awfully harsh.

No. Actually, ###### no. 

Actually, if you are an Allen fan try and convince me he is good. 

Nah, we've already been on that merry-go-round. But I am an Allen fan and hope the kid does well wherever he ends up. And I'll also have no problem saying I was wrong if he flames out. 

With that, I'd be ok with Mayfield as a Bill. 

Edited by Gramps

Two things about Allen:

1. I heard him on Pardon My Take and found him very, very likable. Just came off as a solid dude with a good head on his shoulders (and a better than average sense of humour).

2. I recently read, for the first time, that one of his hallmarks is that coveted 24/7 grind-don't-stop slavish devotion to all matters foobaw. Rightly or wrongly, that sort of thing really seems to matter to scouts and GMs. A lot. He's gonna be drafted very high. Maybe #1 overall.

Trading McCoy now wouldn't be the worst idea if the Bills really plan to rebuild. Running backs tend to age like milk (rather than wine) so if they plan to let McCarron take the lumps this season while letting the rookie learn from the sidelines it would be better to get value for McCoy now rather than putting another year of heavy use on his tires where there's a chance he gets hobbled by further injuries or father time gets another crack at catching up to him.

I wouldn't necessarily want to trade him and a first for Foles but they could use McCoy to help them trade up for their QB without having to use all thir high picks. He'll be 30 before the season starts and most running backs start seriously declining by age 32.

Wouldn't hate trading away McCoy, but if it's as part of a package, it better be for something better than Foles.

And my preference is that he play 2 more strong years for the Bills then retire while he can still walk.

Why the hell are the Browns putting out smokescreens less than 36 hours before the draft, or are they trying to trade the pick?

Conventional thought is Dorsey is just trying to see who in his office he can trust or not to talk to the media 

The hype train for this draft is out of control.    These QBs really aren't that great, but they have all the fans salivating because the media wants everybody to tune in Thurs night to see which "franchise" QB their team ends up with.   

I wouldn't be surprised if only 3 QBs go in the first round..  with guys "dropping" like stones left and right because the GMs know there are much better players available at other positions.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.