Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

I think this is overly harsh. Bradford has never been great (obviously), but he's generally been good. 

I'm confident that GMs are not being bamboozled -- they're signing him for a reason. Now, mind you, the fact that Bradford gets the money he does for what he can do is most likely an indictment on the dearth of quality QB talent in the league. My point being: GMs are responding to market conditions -- they're not getting duped or anything.

If we were to give up some additional picks (but please not a king's ransom) in order to move into Denver's slot and choose Rosen, and Rosen turned out to be Bradford-like, but a notch above how Bradford panned out in the NFL, that'd be a very good or maybe great outcome.

I'm really surprised to see you have this opinion of Bradford while also thinking Tyrod is barely a QB. Compare their stats and honestly tell me how Bradford is good and an equivalent player is worth 4 draft picks to move up for, whereas Taylor needed to be run out of town.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

Trading up is fine, but that player has to be better than Sam freaking Bradford.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

In fairness to me, I've watched almost no Sam Bradford foobaw. (See what I did there? "In fairness to me, I am ignorant.")

The comparison numbers to Taylor are interesting.

I'm also of a mind that the Bills would improve at the QB position by getting similar output to Taylor's, just in different (less spectacular, more predictable/reliable) ways.

What I'm mostly going off of is the idea that Bradford is an accurate thrower, a pure thrower. Which is stuff I heard when he was drafted.

And, again, Rosen being the next Sam Bradford is NOT what I have in mind as a good outcome. Rosen being significantly closer to what Sam Bradford was as a prospect is what I have in mind -- while acknowledging that Rosen is not quite going to get there and is probably going to be, at most, a good NFL QB. Not a great one.

Edited by That Aud Smell

In fairness to me, I've watched almost no Sam Bradford foobaw. (See what I did there? "In fairness to me, I am ignorant.")

I'm also of a mind that the Bills would improve at the QB position by getting similar output to Taylor's, just in different (less spectacular, more predictable/reliable) ways.

What I'm mostly going off of is the idea that Bradford is an accurate thrower, a pure thrower. Which is stuff I heard when he was drafted.

And, again, Rosen being the next Sam Bradford is NOT what I have in mind as a good outcome. Rosen being significantly closer to what Sam Bradford was as a prospect is what I have in mind -- while acknowledging that Rosen is not quite going to get there and is probably going to be, at most, a good NFL QB. Not a great one.

So we're supposed to sell the farm for a guy that tops out as good in the NFL and even that is if we're lucky? Can't wait to see Russ sell that to the fanbase.

Eli fricking Manning won 2. Bledsoe was probably good enough to win one.

Bledsoe, yes. 2002, 03, 04 Bledsoe, IMO no, considering he put up those performances with the hottest team in the league around him, and folded in the pressure game against a bunch of backups. That just ain't the makeup of a guy who could go to said Steelers team and win a super bowl.

If we were to give up some additional picks (but please not a king's ransom) in order to move into Denver's slot and choose Rosen, and Rosen turned out to be Bradford-like, but a notch above how Bradford panned out in the NFL, that'd be a very good or maybe great outcome.

So we're supposed to sell the farm for a guy that tops out as good in the NFL and even that is if we're lucky? Can't wait to see Russ sell that to the fanbase.

<Ahem>

Bledsoe, yes. 2002, 03, 04 Bledsoe, IMO no, considering he put up those performances with the hottest team in the league around him, and folded in the pressure game against a bunch of backups. That just ain't the makeup of a guy who could go to said Steelers team and win a super bowl.

Fair enough.

Ok, so how much trade capital are you willing to expend to trade up and grab him? What if it's not enough to get the other team to bite? Do you sweeten the pot further or just grab the best guy available at 12?

Honestly, this stuff gets me so twisted in knots that I mostly end up being grateful that I'm not Beane.

There have been proposals referenced above that seem okay to me -- this year's firsts and a 2nd next year for the right to take Rosen.

And I'm just trying to be conservative and realistic about who these prospects are. I sure hope Rosen can become a very good NFL quarterback. But at this point? I'd take "good" or "solid." In that 9-13 range league-wide. I think a coach like McDermott can win 10-11 games with solid quarterbacking.

Interesting that he thinks Rosen is the best fit for the Jets.

Calls Him a decent fit for the Bills and Darnold a good fit for the Bills

@evansilva

Hue Jackson, the 1-31 coach of the #Browns, has multiple mouthpieces in the media & can't be trusted by his own GM. You can't make this stuff up. https://twitter.com/joshnorris/status/988753855360970752?s=21

Why didn’t he fire him?

Edited by Brawndo

And, again, Rosen being the next Sam Bradford is NOT what I have in mind as a good outcome. Rosen being significantly closer to what Sam Bradford was as a prospect is what I have in mind -- while acknowledging that Rosen is not quite going to get there and is probably going to be, at most, a good NFL QB. Not a great one.

I disagree with this premise, though it is not unreasonable. However, I don't think Bradford is more predictable, he's just unreliable in different ways. 

Edit: I think part of this is Bradford "looks like a quarterback." Though that can be racially charged (hi Bill Polian), I don't intend it in this instance. He drops back, sets his feet, and throws the ball. That's what plenty of people want, but I think part of that is comfort level with the traditional aesthetics.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Interesting that he thinks Rosen is the best fit for the Jets.

Calls Him a decent fit for the Bills and Darnold a good fit for the Bills

Why didn’t he fire him?

No idea. He should have. As it stands right now, he's a dead man walking

Honestly, this stuff gets me so twisted in knots that I mostly end up being grateful that I'm not Beane.

There have been proposals referenced above that seem okay to me -- this year's firsts and a 2nd next year for the right to take Rosen.

And I'm just trying to be conservative and realistic about who these prospects are. I sure hope Rosen can become a very good NFL quarterback. But at this point? I'd take "good" or "solid." In that 9-13 range league-wide. I think a coach like McDermott can win 10-11 games with solid quarterbacking.

Fair enough. I'm going to be highly disappointed if it turns out we dumped Taylor and spend multiple first plus possibly other lower picks on a guy who is barely better than Taylor though.

I have no insider information and it's no secret that I don't have a ton of faith in the brass at OBD. That being said I hope that they not only see at least a few of these QB's as significant upgrades over Taylor but that they are reasonably sure they'll be able to secure one of them, otherwise it was stupid to get rid of Taylor. Anything less than an upgrade should cost them both their jobs, unless AJ McCarron turns out to be a stud which is even less likely, imo.

Edited by Alkoholist

Yup. Still my top QB. If he slides and we get him with only giving up a second and third or something I'd be beyond ecstatic.

Kinda get the sense that he knows it and he kinda finds it insane/funny that there's even some sort of debate about it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.