Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Part of me thinks anyone other than Darnold #1 kinda screws us. I know Barkley is all the talk, but that also all emerged while people were thinking Darnold was going to Cleveland. If Darnold is there at #2, I think the Giants take him. Jets settle on Rosen or Mayfield, whichever is left, leaving us with Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. That scenario plays out for any non-Darnold QB at 1.

Personally, I'm gearing up for us taking Rudolph at 12 and being incredibly sad about it.

I think Darnold is the only QB that Beane will sell the farm for. But I’m completely expecting Rudolph or Allen at 12 as well.

Boy, that'd be dumb. He'll be there at 22.

Or at 53 or 56

Part of me thinks anyone other than Darnold #1 kinda screws us. I know Barkley is all the talk, but that also all emerged while people were thinking Darnold was going to Cleveland. If Darnold is there at #2, I think the Giants take him. Jets settle on Rosen or Mayfield, whichever is left, leaving us with Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. That scenario plays out for any non-Darnold QB at 1. 

Personally, I'm gearing up for us taking Rudolph at 12 and being incredibly sad about it.

Taking Rudolph at 12 is dumb. Take him at 22

Jeremy Bates would be a perfect OC for him though per Trent Dilfer.

Rosen hates Donald Trump though correct? 

He should be there at 22, but might not be. Just like desperation may drive us to take him at 12, if we don't, I could easily see Arizona being desperate enough to do it at 15.

That's not desperation it is stupidity. Take Jackson at 12 but not Rudolph. 

Taking Rudolph at 12 is dumb. Take him at 22

Rosen hates Donald Trump though correct?

That's not desperation it is stupidity. Take Jackson at 12 but not Rudolph.

In this case, distinction without a difference :)

If it's true we haven't even spoken to Jackson, we're not taking him. We should. But we won't.

Keep in mind, I'm not advocating for it, just reading the tea leaves and inferring from past actions, I can easily see Rudolph as their kind of guy. Three year starter, stands in the pocket, probably says process a lot. And so on. Rudolph is a 2nd round prospect who is going to go in the 1st. If we can't trade up, I expect it'll be us.

If over-drafted in the first round, it sounds like Rudolph will likely become some combination of EJ Manuel and Elvis Grbac.

The comparison that keeps coming to my mind is Andy Dalton. Granted, Dalton was appropriately picked in the 2nd round. But still, that's the type of player I see Rudolph being.

From everything I've read and heard, someone with a creative, flexible mind for the QB position will need to groom Jackson.

I don't think he's a good fit for the Bills.

I agree, and that annoys me more than a little bit. Being hopelessly old school can work, but man is that the opposite of what I want my team to be.

In this case, distinction without a difference :)

If it's true we haven't even spoken to Jackson, we're not taking him. We should. But we won't.

Keep in mind, I'm not advocating for it, just reading the tea leaves and inferring from past actions, I can easily see Rudolph as their kind of guy. Three year starter, stands in the pocket, probably says process a lot. And so on. Rudolph is a 2nd round prospect who is going to go in the 1st. If we can't trade up, I expect it'll be us.

The comparison that keeps coming to my mind is Andy Dalton. Granted, Dalton was appropriately picked in the 2nd round. But still, that's the type of player I see Rudolph being.

So, basically, you're saying AJ McCarron can be Andy Dalton's understudy once again.

The idea that Baker goes first made me surprisingly sad, maybe I want him more than Rosen. 

I agree with Liger about what constitutes failure today. 

You just knew someone's middle school twitter was going to be rehashed 24 hours before the draft. 2012? Give me a break haha. Let his quarterbacking do the talking, he'll fall to you, unknown team.

You just knew someone's middle school twitter was going to be rehashed 24 hours before the draft. 2012? Give me a break haha. Let his quarterbacking do the talking, he'll fall to you, unknown team.

I thought maybe it was someone affiliated with one of the other big-4 QB prospects.

Mayock is pretty definitive on the Bills finding a way to draft Allen. Mayock says Beane's fondness for a Cam Newton type stature plays a big role here. Says the Bills also love Allen's temperament, intangibles, etc. 

More and more, I feel like it's going to happen. God help us.

There's almost no trade-up scenario for us that would make me mad, so long as it stays within the first 2 rounds of 2019 in terms of which picks are added.

We're not going to have a chance like this for a long time.

I dunno, I feel like if we botch this whole thing that we're going to be pretty bad for a couple of years :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.