Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Moving up to 5 should take 12, 22, and 56 I believe. Maybe a 3rd next year or something. Just because the Jets overpayed doesn't mean we should be dumb enough too. 

I think I am less concerned with Rosen's durability because he played behind a terrible line in college and was taking a lot of shots to make plays. A smart GM in the pros will actually build an offensive line. Buffalo should still draft the center from Ohio State who tore his peck at the combine. They need to keep pick 22 and take Isiah Wynn if possible. That would help to rebuild the line. If your line really is trash this season, start McCarron and rebuild it next year in draft and free agency. 

I like all of that.

How about we NOT screw up like the Colts did what Andrew Luck. Holy cripes -- what a waste of talent that's been.

That is an over payment. Maybe both 1s or a1 and both 2s but not all of those. IMO

They're gonna hafta overpay, though. The hope is that they don't need to overpay a lot.

Sam Bradford's biggest issue isn't durability, it's that he just isn't that good. Sort of like Zach Bogosian, he's hurt so much that people have forgotten his play is wholly unimpressive. He's whatever. You don't give up major assets for whatever. How Bradford keeps bamboozling GMs out of tens of millions of dollars is one of the great mysteries of my lifetime.

I tend to lean towards no, but then again, he did win a playoff game.*

Separate but I'm with most of you here. Bledsoe is the only real one that comes to mind

Far as Bradford goes, this is hilarious and spot on. Chiarelli, Bergevin, Bradford...sure there's more but those 3 continuously doing just what you said is just incredible to me

Moving up to 5 should take 12, 22, and 56 I believe. Maybe a 3rd next year or something. Just because the Jets overpayed doesn't mean we should be dumb enough too. 

I think I am less concerned with Rosen's durability because he played behind a terrible line in college and was taking a lot of shots to make plays. A smart GM in the pros will actually build an offensive line. Buffalo should still draft the center from Ohio State who tore his peck at the combine. They need to keep pick 22 and take Isiah Wynn if possible. That would help to rebuild the line. If your line really is trash this season, start McCarron and rebuild it next year in draft and free agency. 

It's the concussions that worry me

That is an over payment. Maybe both 1s or a1 and both 2s but not all of those. IMO

I would do 12, 53 and 56. Or 12, 53 and next years 2nd even. 

I honestly don't care about the price. I'd give them the keys to the city if they really wanted it

Reminder that in the last 10 years, half of the Super Bowls have been won by Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, zombie Peyton Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger in the second worst season of his career. But tell me more about how great QB play is more important than ever.

0 replies0 retweets1 like

Retweet

Direct message

*ducks*

I know the argument about consistent competitiveness for a single franchise. I even agree with it. But the narrative has gone too far, IMO.

Didn't those teams still get great quarterbacking, if not for the full seasons (the Eagles definitely did) but at least for the duration of the playoff run?

We got 80 yards passing and 3 points haha. Gimme gimme gimme a qb!!

Didn't those teams still get great quarterbacking, if not for the full seasons (the Eagles definitely did) but at least for the duration of the playoff run?

It's almost like Tyrod sucked and the OC sucked. 

Anyone who thinks Browns are not going Darnold at #1 is insane.

Giants are taking Barkley or Chubb at #2

Jets will take Rosen or Mayfield at #3

Browns are taking Barkley or Chubb at #4

Bills trade into 5 ONLY if they like the 3rd best QB sitting there (probably Allen or Mayfield)

1. Darnold
  2. Chubb or Barkley
  3. Mayfield or Allen (I can't see their owner drafting Rosen)
  4. Barkley or Chubb
  5. Trade, Buffalo takes Rosen. (12, 22, 96 and next years 2nd) 

And Bledsoe definitely could have won a super bowl... at some point in his career. He played in one. 

But unless you count first-8-games-in-Buffalo-Bledsoe as one iteration of Bledsoe that could have won, Buffalo never saw a season from Drew that could have had a SB win at the end of it even if everything else went okay.

And Bledsoe definitely could have won a super bowl... at some point in his career. He played in one. 

But unless you count first-8-games-in-Buffalo-Bledsoe as one iteration of Bledsoe that could have won, Buffalo never saw a season from Drew that could have had a SB win at the end of it even if everything else went okay.

They started terrible in 2004, but were awesome down the stretch. 

They started terrible in 2004, but were awesome down the stretch. 

I recall that that happened, but I'm still not convinced that Drew would have ever won a SB. Wasn't the defense ridiculous during that stretch? I know Drew finished out that season throwing under 200 yards 3 times in the last 4 weeks (including 106 yards once), as well as going 16 of 30 for 189 yards, 0TD, and a pick in a potential win-and-in game with the hottest team in the league around him against a bunch of backups. I don't see that guy winning a SB under any circumstance, personally

Cbssports.com had a great trade suggestion. Buffalo trade 12, 96 and our 1st in 2019 for the 4th overall pick. Then they suggested tradong 56 and 65 to the NYG to get to 34.

Love these ideas. Under this scenario we draft 4th, 22nd, 34th and 53rd. I’m all in.

I hesitate to give up a 2019 1st when the same QB will available at 5. Yes you would still be giving up two firsts but the positions of those firsts is known. The 2019 1st could be a top ten pick.

The Giants Trade is more tempting though

Man, 2 Bills Drive is a crazy nightmare right meow. Just reading the threads it goes from thoughts on Allen to how we will not get a QB to one guy saying how this regime sucks and should be fired. The draft hasn't even happened. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

It's almost like the goalie debate...getting great goal tending versus having a great goaltender. Peyton definitely played like hot garbage for their entire run, anyway.

To be clear, I want a QB, and I want one I'm comfortable riding with long term. But people (and not necessarily here) need to stop pretending that getting a Ryan-level player is the ticket to consistent playoff success in the same way that getting Rodgers would be.

Cbssports.com had a great trade suggestion. Buffalo trade 12, 96 and our 1st in 2019 for the 4th overall pick. Then they suggested tradong 56 and 65 to the NYG to get to 34.

Love these ideas. Under this scenario we draft 4th, 22nd, 34th and 53rd. I’m all in.

Wait, why are we trading up in the 2nd round? This is a deep draft with a lengthy plateau in the middle rounds. Trading picks in that range is a really bad idea.

I recall that that happened, but I'm still not convinced that Drew would have ever won a SB. Wasn't the defense ridiculous during that stretch? I know Drew finished out that season throwing under 200 yards 3 times in the last 4 weeks (including 106 yards once), as well as going 16 of 30 for 189 yards, 0TD, and a pick in a potential win-and-in game with the hottest team in the league around him against a bunch of backups. I don't see that guy winning a SB under any circumstance, personally

Eli fricking Manning won 2. Bledsoe was probably good enough to win one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.