Senators @ Sabres; 2017-12-12; 7:00pm EDT

WildCard

That was a well played game to watch. Add in the previous 3 game trip and maybe just maybe we are seeing the worm turn.

I do agree Sam is is still one of the the most under achieving players still not benched. It helped girgensons game to sit maybe when Jacobsen is ready Sam should sit to get a different perspective on how the games played. Though I am not sure you can teach tenacity and his game sure lacks that.

If they continue to play like this they are very watchable. We shall see with the run of Eastern conference games coming with the holidays.

Thank you Sabres may I have another.

I do want to call out Eichel.  I saw a lot of hustle and tenacity from him tonight.  It's built on what I've been seeing lately but tonight it seemed that much more pronounced.  He legitimately hustled back on many plays and his offensive zone skills were showing.

In addition, when Pouliot scored, Eichel seemed to really connect with what he had done to get to the net.  It almost seemed like an understanding of one hockey player to another.  

Well, it's a win.  They still have a long way to go but winning helps.  There was a notable difference in the team once they scored and then scored again.  When the Senators scored they responded by holding Ottawa without a shot for about 10 minutes. 

They have a stretch coming up here where they can knock out a few wins.  Let's see what happens.

I went to the game.

Getting through the 1st was rough — what an awful period of hockey.

The 2nd was obviously quite entertaining. Yay.

The first half of the 3rd, I think the Sabres had a shot or two om goal — no bueno. But then they had a few good shifts and piled up some shots, such that they didn’t need to win by taking 15 SOG and shooting 20%.

A win’s a win. McKenzie said OTT is going to hell in a rocket, or something. I’d have to agree. The Sabres are still an under-achieving roster that played well for only about 40% of the game. But the Senators look checked the eff out.

I do want to call out Eichel.  I saw a lot of hustle and tenacity from him tonight.  It's built on what I've been seeing lately but tonight it seemed that much more pronounced.  He legitimately hustled back on many plays and his offensive zone skills were showing.

In addition, when Pouliot scored, Eichel seemed to really connect with what he had done to get to the net.  It almost seemed like an understanding of one hockey player to another.  

Well, it's a win.  They still have a long way to go but winning helps.  There was a notable difference in the team once they scored and then scored again.  When the Senators scored they responded by holding Ottawa without a shot for about 10 minutes. 

They have a stretch coming up here where they can knock out a few wins.  Let's see what happens.

I had a thought after that goal that Pouliot, who was a fourth overall pick back in the day, is still a better all around player than Eichel. And if Eichel appreciates Pouliot, as he seems to given the reaction (good observation, LTS), then maybe it's going to dawn on Eichel just how far he has to go to be a very good NHL player. Eichel as a development project. I guess we should be surprised, but maybe not.

I went to the game.

Getting through the 1st was rough — what an awful period of hockey.

The 2nd was obviously quite entertaining. Yay.

The first half of the 3rd, I think the Sabres had a shot or two om goal — no bueno. But then they had a few good shifts and piled up some shots, such that they didn’t need to win by taking 15 SOG and shooting 20%.

A win’s a win. McKenzie said OTT is going to hell in a rocket, or something. I’d have to agree. The Sabres are still an under-achieving roster that played well for only about 40% of the game. But the Senators look checked the eff out.

I snarked during the game that the Senators looked very Sabre-like, right down to the passion play at the end to get back in it, only to fall short.

Just stopped in to say this might be the best game they've played all year. The second had to have been the best period. Yes, I know Ottawa is a dumpster fire right now but they actually looked like they were trying and skating hard. Sadly they don't seem to do that every game. Anyways, 6 points over the last 4 games will have me watching most games not on fast forward.

Just stopped in to say this might be the best game they've played all year. The second had to have been the best period. Yes, I know Ottawa is a dumpster fire right now but they actually looked like they were trying and skating hard. Sadly they don't seem to do that every game. Anyways, 6 points over the last 4 games will have me watching most games not on fast forward.

Here's the thing about this, it doesn't matter what Ottawa is. It matters that the Sabres beat a team that I think they should. Buffalo was skating hard and actually engaged. It is how we need every game to be played. 

Lol to the second bolded. I feel you there. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Observations

Bogosian with the most TOI of Dmen for 5v5 yesterday

Now that he's rounding into shape it seems he has McCabe playing better lately with him also

Girgensons best game of the year and might have been RORs best also

Samson just seems lost the majority of this year, he was the weakest link of the Kane-Rodrigues line, blew an awesome pass from Kane that didn't hit the net and he was ALL ALONE.

Ottawa looked like a team on a losing streak that's been on the road for too long.

Eichel looked Jackish

Pouliot is without a doubt our pickup of the year, he may actually get us something at the trade deadline if we don't resign him

Gorges actually completed a pass yesterday, WOW

Our 4th line of Wilson and Nolan aren't scoring options but seem to make it hard to play against. Nolan with 2 big time hits, surprised no-one went after him on the 2nd

6 points in 4 games, when was the last time that happened??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.