Senators @ Sabres; 2017-12-12; 7:00pm EDT

WildCard

Now the Senators beat the Rangers last night

Explain that one

Maybe there is hope

The Sens aren't good. A solitary win against a team 1 game above 0.500 does not make a good team. And it's hockey, where goals are scored off butts, shins and chins.

The Sens are garbage.  Go look at the official tank year of 2015. I bet there are at least 2 good teams we beat that season.  

In 2014/2015 we beat the Lightning, Montreal and Washington and we sucked. Lightning (108pts) and Canadians (110pts)  finished top in the east (Just behind the rangers). We beat Montreal 3 times that year.  The Capitals finished with 101pts.  

Edited by LGR4GM

Not to beat a dead horse, but why does a clean hit have to be avenged? They'd have likely ended up shorthanded in a game they really needed to win.

As others said, there didn't need to be a bench clearing brawl, but Ryan's teammates should have least chirped a bit at Nolan.  Instead they reacted like a kicked dog.

Edited by Anordning

I think avenging clean hits is The Code, Part Deux. Back in the day, as I recall, The Code came into play after cheap shots, when the unskilled went after the skilled, or when two tough guys wanted to raise the energy level by mutual consent. Fighting after clean hits, it seems to me, is a relatively recent annoyance.

Fight after clean hit (or it looks to me):

Fight after clean hit (or it looks to me):

There's a LOTTA context outside of that one hit into the boards. And it was a different game in the 70s, wherein teams like the Bruins and Flyers made it their business to intimidate their opponents with physical play and regular beat-downs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.