GDT: Capitals @ Sabres, 7pm NBCSN, 11/7/17

LGR4GM

I've been numb to the Sabres since the tank.  Actually I think it started for me when they traded Gausted.  Some day they'll pull out of it.  I'm forever hopeful, but realistic.

The Bills are exceeding expectations so far this year, even with the st00pid loss to the Jets.  So I have no reason to be depressed over them.  So I'm much more hopeful (but still realistic).

This team needs less lunch pal and more Derek Roy :P

It didn't take long for Pominville to get pulled into the funk that is the current version of the Buffalo Sabres, did it?  I mean early on he was great, now, not so much.

I think that whole "symbolic middle finger" to the NHL thing was way overblown. Olympics gets ratings, and NBC only has so many channels to show them, so they're going to show them on NBCSN instead of, what, 4 NHL games in those two weeks?

Perhaps I was wrong but I thought they were still scheduled to broadcast some games and then told the NHL they woouldn't be doing it.  Either way... I am sure NBC isn't happy because it would have been a lot of good ratings for hockey during the NBC broadcast.  Those games will draw less now.

Well, people in Buffalo tune in anyway, even when the Sabres aren't playing.  They'll be happy to pull in some NYC numbers.  After that it's a wash.  Given the row between NBC and NHL over the Olympics I am surprised they are putting any effort into broadcasting games.  

Go Buffalo.. 

Counterpoint: They used Rob Ray as a color analyst on a national tv broadcast.

Didn't see the lines posted but Pham tweeted:

Lines 9 15 29. 13 23 25. 67 90 21. 28 22 17 (26)

Mouslon is sitting so that's a win and it looks like Redmond is in for Tennyson so that's a...win? Loss? I think it's a win because Tennyson won't be in on the PP.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.