GDT: Capitals @ Sabres, 7pm NBCSN, 11/7/17

LGR4GM

I like these Sabres.

Much better than the bunch that played over the weekend.

I feel like we look okay.

We looked good against Arizona, too. Washington looks like they don't want to skate today after playing yesterday.

I'll take the win, though, if we can get it.

Edited by Thorny

I think he is really trying, maybe trying to do to much. His feet are always moving so I'm cutting him some slack at the moment.

Remember what Yoda said about Try?

I'm just saying. He's not playing well, so far. Trying or not. He's making bad reads and he's not really with the play.

That period, anyway.

Two observations:

1. Lenny needs to have a shock-collar fitted and an invisible fence needs to be installed to keep him above the goal line. He just can’t help himself, always with the nice feeds to the other team.

2. For the love of god: Shoot. The. Puck. This applies to everyone, I don’t even care anymore.

I think he is really trying, maybe trying to do to much. His feet are always moving so I'm cutting him some slack at the moment.

I agree about Jack. He looks unfocused.

What is up with Jack? If he skated with half the effort Reinhart is putting in lately he'd be as good as Matthews.

I thought nothing of it at the time, but in the summer there was that quote from Jack where he praised Matthews, focusing on what Eichel termed his "swagger" and cockiness out there, if I recall correctly. It's interesting he focused on that. He should take a look at Auston's work ethic, and specifically his focus, instead.

Edited by Thorny

He lazily skated behind the net and retrieved a puck so casually he looked like some guy goofing around in a beer league game. He kind of chipped the puck to himself while being trailed, almost turning it over.

He's starting to worry me. I'm generally pretty lenient, but...

He lazily skated behind the net and retrieved a puck so casually he looked like some guy goofing around in a beer league game. He kind of chipped the puck to himself while being trailed, almost turning it over.

He kinda reminds me of Yasiel Puig at times. Just such an nonchalant attitude about them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.