Fan Frustrations: Sabres Edition

LGR4GM

So let me get this straight, the Sabres aren’t good because they don’t really want to be good.

And the only way we can get them to buck up is by showing them how disappointed we are.

No, they're genuinely not good and have given up on the season already.  So we got that goin' for us.  Which is sad.

In a way you are right, but in a way not. You can not buy tickets, cancel season tickets, stop buying merch, write to the papers, call the call in shows, if you do go to games boo more when they suck, hold up signs demanding change, maybe start wearing paper bag masks. Will it help? I dunno, but it might make you feel better in the short term, and maybe, just maybe it'll help light a fire under them. There has to be a breaking point sometime doesn't there?

You got it.

Isn’t this sooo 2014? Or 15? Or 16?

It's more about getting the franchise to respond, ownership, the brass, the bean-counters. Terry thinks he has cover with the fan base to play this pie in the sky, torturous long game. He doesn't think Sabres fans will ever go away. But what if the bottom drops out? STHs defecting. Sponsors and advertisers canceling. Ratings plummeting. You'd have a competitive team in a hurry.

??

I think you are giving ownership/management too much credit. I don’t believe they have a good idea about how to put together a competitive team, let alone do it in a hurry.

Torts can't do anything unless he has players willing to buy in. The Sedins quit on him and he was booted out of Vancouver fast. I don't think he could survive this team of slackers.

He can't survive any team for any length of time.

1. Regular readers of this blog know I keep a Nov. 1 stat. Since 2005-06, six of 48 teams that were at least four points out after games played on that date came back to make the playoffs (This excludes lockout-shortened 2012-13). There were no contenders last season, as the late start from the World Cup put nobody in that position. This year, six will try and beat the odds: Arizona, Buffalo, Edmonton, Florida, Minnesota and Montreal.

:(

Part of the culture I'm talking about. You want more, demand more.

Just how important in your life are the Sabres? I mean really. They lose it's disappointing but really I'm over it in few minutes/hours and that's it. There are so many things in my life more important. I'm more upset with the latest mass shooting frankly and those families really more important. I'm not in anyway implying their not to you but sports are sports.

Just how important in your life are the Sabres? I mean really. They lose it's disappointing but really I'm over it in few minutes/hours and that's it. There are so many things in my life more important. I'm more upset with the latest mass shooting frankly and those families really more important. I'm not in anyway implying their not to you but sports are sports.

True. But at the same time, this is a sabres message board and to me it would seem to be the appropriate place to vent about the team.

True. But at the same time, this is a sabres message board and to me it would seem to be the appropriate place to vent about the team.

Agree. Not criticizing and hope it wasn't taken that way. Just once in a while I need to step back look at things in perspective.

??

I think you are giving ownership/management too much credit. I don’t believe they have a good idea about how to put together a competitive team, let alone do it in a hurry.

+1.

And they are caught between the remnants of Murray's Accelerated Rebuild and J-Bot's new Build from Rochester designs. I'm not sure how they rectify the gap.

+1.

And they are caught between the remnants of Murray's Accelerated Rebuild and J-Bot's new Build from Rochester designs. I'm not sure how they rectify the gap.

MacGyver would know.........a paper clip (top pairing d man), a rubbet band (top 2 line LW'er) and a AAA battery with a spring attached (3rd line high energy power forward for Sam's wing).

Ya exactly. of course it's only hockey and we have real lives that matter etc etc but why spend any time here on a Sabres message board if you don't want to bitch about the crappy state they are in and hopefully...........one day...........celebrate how they are finally good again...........one day...............not today.

Ya exactly. of course it's only hockey and we have real lives that matter etc etc but why spend any time here on a Sabres message board if you don't want to bitch about the crappy state they are in and hopefully...........one day...........celebrate how they are finally good again...........one day...............not today.

At the end of the day we're fans. This format is for us to "vent" and I am frustrated as are the rest of us. I have been following this team since it's inception. Guess I just need to keep perspective and if this was the wrong forum to express it I apologize. Edited by Radar

I'm frustrated that Kane had off rink issues since being a Sabre - if he didn't he would have been signed to a long term contract before getting to this point.  Now the possibility exists that he'll leave and be more deserving of the money than the one's we'll be left with.  

To be honest, if I were here only to bitch, I just wouldn't be here. Embracing negativity isn't good for your health, man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.