Fan Frustrations: Sabres Edition

LGR4GM

I agree on having some vets. I liked the Gionta signing and love the Scandella/Pommers trade. However I think TM was fired for his bad judgement. Bad trades, bad organization, bad drafting, bad cap management and bad fa signings are the hallmarks of the TM era. Saying we won the ROR trade or even the Kane trade is meaningless when the team they were supposed to elevate fails.

They have elevated the team higher than they'd be now without them. The depths they sank to shouldn't be underestimated. They needed a lot to build them up. If the players acquired improve the team next year then it's still successful even if it doesn't meet your timeline, or mine, or anyone's.

Murray was fired because his organization lacked communication, discipline, character and structure.

Pegula couldn’t have been any more plain.

This is getting closer. Murray is not PSE people. The guy clearly had no polished social or political skills. Remember when Murray talked about the lack of communication between him and Ted Nolan? I think we all blamed Ted for that. But Tim said if it happened again, it would be Tim getting the pink slip. Prophetic.

Also... one day Terry brought in some Fritos and Tim didn't cross himself before they shared the bag.

This is getting closer. Murray is not PSE people. The guy clearly had no polished social or political skills. Remember when Murray talked about the lack of communication between him and Ted Nolan? I think we all blamed Ted for that. But Tim said if it happened again, it would be Tim getting the pink slip. Prophetic.

Also... one day Terry brought in some Fritos and Tim didn't cross himself before they shared the bag.

Guess Uncle Terry counted backwards from 10 and to 1 and a quarter... finally said you are done.

4 ###### days off and you can't show up. Un freaking believable

not going end well with this group

Its time!

I expect to see ANGER in my coach from a performance like this.

I want these players held to a much much much much much higher accountability standard than what we've seen.

Start the trades.

I would rather watch the young guys then these stiffs

Its time!

I want these players held to a much much much much much higher accountability standard than what we've seen.

Start the trades.

i wonder how this current team would do under someone like torts?

Certaintly wouldn't get away with lack of effort

Its time!

Start the trades.

You see it in Toronto. Babcock doesn't tolerate "lack of effort". That translates into: You're sitting the next 1 or 2 games or you're going to The Marlies to "find your game". You saw it in them last night being down 6-2 to St. Louis. They made it close at 6-4 but kept playing hard because they knew what was coming off the ice. Hell, he moved Bozak to the 4th line to "find his game". We need a coach that makes things uncomfortable for this group. They look completely disinterested on the ice right now.

Babcock has other players who can play. Our first line doesn’t even give a consistent effort.

This is it to a T. Our top talent doesn't bust ass off the ice and force everyone else to do the same. I was listening to the instigators the other day and finally agreed with Peter's wholeheartedly on something he said. He said Drury was the kind of guy that led by example, never took time off and consistently busted his ass off and held everyone to the same standard. Rivet started talking about Joe Thorton on the Sharks practicing everyday with the team. It didn't matter if you had the day off. Thorton didn't let you have the day off. And the Sharks were always contenders at that time. Can you see Eichel, Kane, or ROR doing that and making everyone follow? It's the old saying: hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Babcock has other players who can play. Our first line doesn’t even give a consistent effort.

They play for Babcock. See Kadri. Wilson didn't like Naz and I think Naz wasn't crazy about Wilson or maybe Carlyle. He plays for Babcock and plays well. We unfortunately have the crappy Nylander (mark my words on this one) Even freakin Zack Hyman made a beauty play on Conner Brown's goal in St. Lou. Who are those guys? We aren't even seeing an effort anymore.Leaf players are playing with effort at least. Their lineup isn't that great save for a few but the effort and speed with which they play the game keeps them in games and makes them dangerous if you're not on your game. St. Louis owned them last night but the moment they took their foot off the pedal, the Leafs started to claw their way back into it. They don't quit.

i wonder how this current team would do under someone like torts?

Certaintly wouldn't get away with lack of effort

Torts can't do anything unless he has players willing to buy in. The Sedins quit on him and he was booted out of Vancouver fast. I don't think he could survive this team of slackers. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.