GDT: Sabres at Islanders, Sat 10/7/17, 7:00 PM

nfreeman

I snagged the 2nd GDT of the year!

WC must be busy with an STD instead.

I should be attending this one, but am away for the long weekend.

The Islanders lost their season opener tonight 5-0 in Columbus. They limp home late night for their home opener less than 24 hours later vs the new-look Sabres.

The Islanders put up 94 points last season but missed the playoffs. So the Sabres need to bank points and not fiddle them away as they did last night.

Speaking of which, will the Sabres come out determined, or will we see fragile little children feeling sorry for themselves for the loss vs the Habs?

Tavares is a UFA after this year.

Eichel and/or Kane are due.

Go Sabres.

I'll be there tonight. First regular season game in Barclays for me. I have been to all sorts of exhibitions and prospect games there but have never had my schedule line up when Buffalo was in town.

It's always strange for me being in that building because I remember living down there before the Atlantic Center was even built and the Barclays center was just a deep LIRR railroad trench. There wasn't much around at that point other than gypsy cab tire shops.

So it's going to be hockey, then the 5th avenue bar crawl back down towards our apartment.

Let's Go Buffalo!

I'll miss a good portion of this game off at youth hockey.  Go Sabres.

I think the Moulson for Nolan allows Housley the flexibility to flip Moulson and Pouliot if need be.  He knows what he has in Nolan.  If Pouliot isn't performing then I would suspect Moulson bumps up and Pouliot slots down and then ends up sitting next game.

Hopefully they come out flying again and take it to the Islanders.  Lots of big scores early on in the NHL, be nice for the Sabres to have one (in for GF column).

And Marty is on vacation for the week, so we are subjected to Peters.

Need a great game to counter balance that

How in the hell do you schedule vacation on the second day of the season? Isles looked bad and Jackets good last night. DeHaan and Hickeywere zombies. They will not be that bad tonight.

How in the hell do you schedule vacation on the second day of the season? Isles looked bad and Jackets good last night. DeHaan and Hickeywere zombies. They will not be that bad tonight.

No one is blaming the Penguins for doing it... leave Marty alone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.