Sabres Prospects 2017-2018

Doohickie

Borgen and Fitzgerald will likely be in Rochester next year.

This is already Borgen's 3rd year at St. Cloud so he's getting close to when he could just stay and test FA. I'd rather they sign him, let him get a couple NHL games in to end this season, and then develop for a year in Rochester.

I'd honestly love it if they did that with his teammate Jimmy Schuldt too.

http://www.lfpress.com/2018/01/03/london-knights-trade-cliff-pu-to-kingston-frontenacs

Apparently the Fronts are trading ‘youth’ for vets to make a Cup run this year. This is apparently their 2nd big trade this week. Pu with Vilardi could be a very dangerous combo.

I can see Pu playing with the Sabres sooner than anyone expected. Maybe half a year in the AHL. Guys that come from London usually are prepared to play in the NHL quickly. 

recent knights drafted forwards (round 1 to 4) prior to becoming full time NHL players:

Christian Dvorak 2 AHL games

Mitch Marner  0 AHL games

Matthew Tkachuk  0 AHL games

Max Domi  0 AHL games

Bo Horvat  5 Games

Chris Tierney 31 AHL games

Josh Anderson over 100

Michael McCarron - over 100 AHL games

I can see Pu playing with the Sabres sooner than anyone expected. Maybe half a year in the AHL. Guys that come from London usually are prepared to play in the NHL quickly. 

recent knights drafted forwards (round 1 to 4) prior to becoming full time NHL players:

Christian Dvorak 2 AHL games

Mitch Marner  0 AHL games

Matthew Tkachuk  0 AHL games

Max Domi  0 AHL games

Bo Horvat  5 Games

Chris Tierney 31 AHL games

Josh Anderson over 100

Michael McCarron - over 100 AHL games

Hopefully we see Cliff Pu soon, Should start next season in rochester

Will these others also be in rochester - Borgen, Asplund, Davidsson, Mittlestadt??

Does CJ and Guhle make the step up along with Ullmark and does Bailey finally claim a place. Is there a future for Fasching and Baptiste or is time now running out for them in Buffalo??

Hopefully we see Cliff Pu soon, Should start next season in rochester

Will these others also be in rochester - Borgen, Asplund, Davidsson, Mittlestadt??

Does CJ and Guhle make the step up along with Ullmark and does Bailey finally claim a place. Is there a future for Fasching and Baptiste or is time now running out for them in Buffalo??

What about Olofsson, Budik and Hagel?

And Connor Hurley (sitting out his transfer year), What's to become of him?

Don't think he'll leave college for Rochester. I know I wouldn't

I suspect his agent will be advising him to go pro next year. Casey would leave a lot of money on the table by staying in college. I thought I saw something that he could make $3M next year. That assumes he makes it to the big club and max’s out the ELC bonus. This also doesn’t consider any endorsement deals that he will get. He’d also accelerate the time for his “Eichel” contract.

College and beer are cool but I think the business side of things is going to point Casey in the direction of going pro regardless of landing in the AHL to start.

Edited by Beer

I suspect his agent will be advising him to go pro next year. Casey would leave a lot of money on the table by staying in college. I thought I saw something that he could make $3M next year. That assumes he makes it to the big club and max’s out the ELC bonus. This also doesn’t consider any endorsement deals that he will get. He’d also accelerate the time for his “Eichel” contract.

College and beer are cool but I think the business side of things is going to point Casey in the direction of going pro regardless of landing in the AHL to start.

Minor point of order, but if he has an agent he's already gone pro. Or else Minnesota is in trouble...

No way Mittlestadt turns pro next season.    He's got at least one more year of college hockey to get ready for the rigors of a full pro season.    He's just not there physically yet, you could tell by his play at the WJC... he has a ways to go IMO.  

No way Mittlestadt turns pro next season.    He's got at least one more year of college hockey to get ready for the rigors of a full pro season.    He's just not there physically yet, you could tell by his play at the WJC... he has a ways to go IMO.

Was kinda think the same thing... but kid can mitt..

Was kinda think the same thing... but kid can mitt..

Yes his offensive skills are superb.    However, still a lot of immaturity in his game... he tries to dangle every single guy one on one... and at the junior level that might work one out of every 3 or 4 times and it looks sexy when he pulls it off.    That stuff doesn't work on NHL players, and we saw against Sweden his turnovers led directly to scoring chances going the other way.... and there were a lot of them.     

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.