Sabres Prospects 2017-2018

Doohickie

Update on Cal Petersen:

https://twitter.com/sabresprospects/status/930466548631920642

...the one that got away.

you win some you lose some I guess. Man, we coulda used him in the pipeline though. 

going have to get a list of the top NCAA Free Agents coming this summer (drafted and undrafted). I can find a few undrafted but would love to see potential drafted UFA's.

think there should be a thread? 

you win some you lose some I guess. Man, we coulda used him in the pipeline though. 

going have to get a list of the top NCAA Free Agents coming this summer (drafted and undrafted). I can find a few undrafted but would love to see potential drafted UFA's.

Sure!

Jack was physically ready after one year of college.  Minn lists Casey at 6'0 201.  Not exactly small and I assume, based on recent stories that he is in the weight room a great deal already.  Please also note, I said next season or the year after.  

I have zero problem if Casey spends a second year in college or goes to the AHL.  I want Jbot to do it right Nylander, Casey, Pu and Asplund because that is the only way this rebuild works long term.

Pu and Asplund have always been a great pairing.

What will we call it? FA’s who won’t sign here thread?

Clifford continues his hot streak. 4 points tonight for Pu in game vs Guelph.

I watched the game mainly to watch Merkley - I am definitely not a fan. Real sloppy in his own end and takes too many risks for me liking. He will be a great PP qb for someone just not the Sabres unless he drops out of Rd 1

Extreme highs and lows as Pronman described him in response to your tweet.

I could see a team in the 25-31 range taking a flyer on him.

Outside of Pu, the London Knights are led by two first round draft picks, Robert Thomas 2017 (20) to St Louis, and Max Jones 2016 (24) to Anaheim. About a year ago, Max Jones stopped scoring.

This year starts with the Knights strategy of playing Pu with the checking line. Pu gets off to a 'slow start'

The next strategy is trying to fix Max Jones, who seemingly does not pass the puck. Pu continues his 'slow start'

Recently, Pu has been playing with Robert Thomas, and coincidentally, Pu scores big time.

There is nothing wrong with Cliff Pu

Outside of Pu, the London Knights are led by two first round draft picks, Robert Thomas 2017 (20) to St Louis, and Max Jones 2016 (24) to Anaheim. About a year ago, Max Jones stopped scoring.

This year starts with the Knights strategy of playing Pu with the checking line. Pu gets off to a 'slow start'

The next strategy is trying to fix Max Jones, who seemingly does not pass the puck. Pu continues his 'slow start'

Recently, Pu has been playing with Robert Thomas, and coincidentally, Pu scores big time.

There is nothing wrong with Cliff Pu

But are you saying he is a complimentary player?  Someone that performs better with better players rather then enhancing those he plays with?

Strange about Jones.  Could he become a former 1st rd pick who doesn't get signed?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I'm saying that everyone is a complimentary player. Eichel isn't scoring goals because he is playing with Kane. Pu wasn't scoring because he was playing with Jones or the checking line. Derek Grant wasn't scoring because he was playing with the 4th line in Buffalo, after a couple injuries in Anaheim, he's on a top line, and magically, he starts to score.

I expect Pu to be better than Jones and Thomas, and Thomas is going to be good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.