Sabres Development Camp July 8-11

Brawndo

The Sabres released their roster for their development camp today and some old friends on the the list. It includes Bailey and Baptiste, along with the entire 16 & 17 draft classes.

The Schedule

https://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2017/07/06/sabres-announce-2017-development-camp-roster/

The Roster

https://sabresmedia.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/2017-development-camp-roster.pdf

Good looking forward prospect depth on that roster.

If Botterill is able to find a way to get the current roster forward group playing to their potential, we are going to be looking at very good things from a forward standpoint for years to come.

Middlestat wearing 77. How does this make us feel?

Like when Jack was wearing 41, it has no merit on anything really.  He'll have his own number in two seasons once he turns pro.  By that point we'll be done with Moulson, Pominville, and a few others.  

So they are having dev camp during Taste of Buffalo... can't tell if this is smart or extremely dumb

The Sabres released their roster for their development camp today and some old friends on the the list. It includes Bailey and Baptiste, along with the entire 16 & 17 draft classes.

The Schedule

https://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2017/07/06/sabres-announce-2017-development-camp-roster/

The Roster

https://sabresmedia.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/2017-development-camp-roster.pdf

Anyone else notice they listed Mittelstadt as 6'1"... wonder if they actually took metrics on these kids before posting this or just went off of the internet. 

Excited to have some confirmation that Oksari Laaksonen is a real person and not an elaborate practical joke on the league.

And to find out how tall he really is.

He's 6'1" his Euro team confirmed it after the draft. 

no Ullmark?

We have 4 goalies already and probably Dev camp wouldn't help him much. Also he could be on his honeymoon so got an exemption, didn't he just get marrieD?

So they are having dev camp during Taste of Buffalo... can't tell if this is smart or extremely dumb

Anyone else notice they listed Mittelstadt as 6'1"... wonder if they actually took metrics on these kids before posting this or just went off of the internet. 

He's 6'1" his Euro team confirmed it after the draft. 

We have 4 goalies already and probably Dev camp wouldn't help him much. Also he could be on his honeymoon so got an exemption, didn't he just get marrieD?

I'm 5'11" and Mittelstadt was taller than me.

So I watched some of the first session but my kids were driving me nuts so not much drew my attention.

Dropped them at the sandpit with their mom so I watched the second closer. Holy hell does nylander have skill. He was the most skilled player in either group today and it wasn't even close. What a sniper. If he can get his strength up to an NHL level he will be a star. Middlestadt must of had the nerves early because he was brutal the first half hour. Fumbling easy passes and losing the puck to himself. Settled in nicely after and made a perfectly pass and received it for an unreal goal near the end. He's looking like a reinhart type guy. His vision seemed to be on full display during 2 on 1 drills. But during skill type drills his shot was nowhere near nylander. His skating was better than reinhart at his first development camp for sure but he wasn't the fastest guy out there either. Such a small impression but thought I'd share what I saw. Would of liked to see Casey in a game setting as I think that's where we will see his vision which should be elite.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.