Sabres Development Camp July 8-11

Brawndo

Mittelstadt is a heck of a competitor. To stand out more than anyone else at camp, at his age, is pretty impressive. He's quite easily supplanted Nylander as our top prospect, I think.

That was Brock Lesnar.

Wow that's great.  I came away Saturday slightly less impressed than I thought I would be with Mittelstadt.  Good to hear how good he looks.  Let's hope he can get bigger and put up some nice numbers in Minny.

Wow, Mittelstadt is gonna be a special one. Really impressive.

Asplund will be a mainstay NHLer.

Eh?

Agreed.  If you don't see a bit of Jack in Casey, you aren't looking hard enough.  Not you specifically but anyone. 

I've enjoyed watching for the most part, but I dont think this tells us anything about these prospects. ROR sucks at 3v3 hockey :P

It tells me that Mittelstadt is ridiculously talented. Quite the goal just now. Have never seen a kid look this good at camp.

Agreed.  If you don't see a bit of Jack in Casey, you aren't looking hard enough.  Not you specifically but anyone.

His style (STYLE, not talent) reminds me more of McDavid. His agility, and speed and shiftiness with the puck is exciting.

It tells me that Mittelstadt is ridiculously talented. Quite the goal just now. Have never seen a kid look this good at camp.

His style (STYLE, not talent) reminds me more of McDavid. His agility, and speed and shiftiness with the puck is exciting.

Honestly, I don't wanna hear one nice thing about Casey M. until he can complete fou--no, FIVE NHL combine quality pull-ups.

:rolleyes:

Edited by That Aud Smell

Nylander is ultra-talented, and Casey left him in the dust in this format. The competitiveness stands out.

This.  He doesn't want to lose anything. 

McDavid or Gudreau with the lateral movement.  

I couldn't listen at work but jotted down numbers and went back to see who was who. 

Mittelstadt

Asplund

Hagel

Borgen

Guhle

Fasching (though he should)

Budik

Karabacek 

All stood out in the eye test.  Interesting experiment when you don't recognize the number or can't hear the commentary. 

Baptiste seemed disinterested.

I couldn't listen at work but jotted down numbers and went back to see who was who. 

Mittelstadt

Asplund

Hagel

Borgen

Guhle

Fasching (though he should)

Budik

Karabacek 

All stood out in the eye test.  Interesting experiment when you don't recognize the number or can't hear the commentary. 

Baptiste seemed disinterested.

I was completely confident being in patience mode with Nylander, until this camp. That may be an overreaction, and these tournaments don't mean anything, but with how impressive Mittelstadt looked, as an 8th overall, I'm wondering a bit on Nylander. Sergachev would look pretty good in the pipeline.

What a waste of time. Remember when Catenacci was the next big thing? :rolleyes:

Um, I think you mean "CatNasty"...

And no kidding...this is what I mean when I say that I have severe prospect fatigue.

I just finished watching the 3 on 3 and I came away really impressed with a couple of young players.

Middelstadt looks like Jack light. His heads up skating, puck control, shot are very Jack-ish. He could end up being the steal of the 2017 draft. Had he played all season in the USHL he likely would have been a top 3 pick.

Asplund. What a excellent passer. Speed, good hands. It will be interesting to see how he does without as much space to work with.

Guhle. We all knew he was our best D prospect, but he was a man amongst boys. If he force his way on the Sabres at camp, he'll be hard to keep down on the Amerks.

Glotov. What a joy to watch. It will be fun to watch his development. He could be our break out Jr. season.

Fasching, Bailey and Baptiste. Fasching was the best of the 3, but real camp will decide their fates. Based on today, it looks like Fasching is the most ready.

Nylander. Saw flashes of skill and speed, but Asplund and Middelstadt looked better.

Autio. Small forward looked good playing with the top skill guys.

Cornel. I was hoping to see something from him and as the tourney went on he seemed to get more involved. His release looked pretty good.

Willman. Has a very good quick release. One of the first times I've seen him play and I really liked his finish when he got a chance.

Um, I think you mean "CatNasty"...

And no kidding...this is what I mean when I say that I have severe prospect fatigue.

That's a good way of putting it. I just can't find the energy to care about prospects anymore. I'll pay attention when guys are in the AHL knocking on the big club's door. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.