Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

As this team gets better there will be more and more acceptance, if not appreciation, for Phams writing as he won't have as much bad news to convey.

Already we are seeing, "I agree with this article, surprising coming from Pham".

I mean, a classic example which created #hammymath was blatant dishonesty and/or a fundamental misunderstanding of how to get information from comparing statistics, so we aren't all just sheep that want the bad man to say things we like about our team.

If I have to choose, I want the latter. Because that means he ripped it up this season.

Poor choice. He's going to rip it up this year. That IS a given. The only way he doesn't is due to injury. Either way, his price isn't going down below what he'd get today.

Get him at $10.5/yr now and use that extra $1.5MM on upgrading a Torey Mitchell to a Jochen Hecht. (They'll find room for the Reinharts & McCabes under either Jack Eichel payout scenario.)

Poor choice. He's going to rip it up this year. That IS a given. The only way he doesn't is due to injury. Either way, his price isn't going down below what he'd get today.

Get him at $10.5/yr now and use that extra $1.5MM on upgrading a Torey Mitchell to a Jochen Hecht. (They'll find room for the Reinharts & McCabes under either Jack Eichel payout scenario.)

Well. If'n you say so.

*Excellent*

(Monty Burns voice)

p.s. I could not, for the life of me, embed a .gif of this, despite a few tries. 

giphy.gif

The embedded gif looks to have worked to me.

Good job, Liger.

EDIT TO ADD:

No sound, but I can read lips.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Ya, I'd like to formally revise my expectation for Jack Eichel this season. I still maintain that 70 points or more would be a very good-to-great season, in general, but Eichel is clearly more talented than that.

Wildcard was right: if he stays healthy, my expectation for Jack is 80 points, or more.

Edited by Thorny

^ that sounds like a great poll.

If the Sabres make the playoffs, it could be pretty close to equal.

My guess is Jack gets a few less. We'll need 95 or so to make it, so. Short of a 100 point season from Jack, if Jack has more points than the Sabres, the Sabres probably failed him.

Edited by Thorny

From your lips to god's ear Dave Lozo...

https://sports.vice.com/en_ca/article/9k3amp/america-needs-buffalos-jack-eichel-to-be-a-superstar

TLDR: Eichel needs to have a breakout year so we don't ever have to hear from or about Pat Kane ever again.

Just finished reading that. I love Lozo as it is, and couldn't agree with him more.

History shows that in the first year after expansion, scoring numbers for star players tend to rise, with Eichel on an upward trajectory already, a big year could be in the offing if he stays healthy.

Well, that's an interesting tidbit 

Just finished reading that. I love Lozo as it is, and couldn't agree with him more.

Besides that chicken wing barb

Yup, but that isn't as much fun.

By the way, Burnsie isn't saying 'excellent'.

You've just opened up a huge world of fun for animators, sending subliminal messages by having the mouths say something completely different than what the audio says.  My guess is it's been in play forever, mostly telling us about how Jack Eichel is a mediocre hockey player, thus plunging him down anyone's player ratings.

From your lips to god's ear Dave Lozo...

https://sports.vice.com/en_ca/article/9k3amp/america-needs-buffalos-jack-eichel-to-be-a-superstar

TLDR: Eichel needs to have a breakout year so we don't ever have to hear from or about Pat Kane ever again.

...at least until Our Lord and Savior Casey Mittelstadt makes the jump to the NHL.