Expansion draft and league-wide wheeling and dealing

Brawndo

That is a boom or bust contract:

Is it? Doesn't really seem like it to me. Boom or bust for me would be 3 years, $6.5M

Dude, we're not even one year post draft. Did u see nylander at the world Junior tourney? Methinks he's going to be just fine.

Very interested to see how he does on an Amerks team not employing Byslma's system

It's okay, because Rand Paul is still running around saying dumb ######.

:lol:

I like Drouin a lot, but to this point he's been more flash than substance. Definitely wouldn't be comfortable with that contract for him, which methinks is part of why Yzerman dealt him. I also trust Yzerman a lot more than Bergevin.

Agreed. I'd put Yzerman in my top 5 of GM's, and Bergevin in my bottom 5. Galchenyuck will go play center in Tampa where he will thrive, and Montreal will continue to try and build from the outside in, or they will force Drouin into center, where he will suck.

This also means Radulov will be on his way out. Wonder where he goes

Well then, Vancouver can suck a fat dick.

Think they've established that they can do that in spades. Well, Benning at least can

Edited by WildCard

Agreed. I'd put Yzerman in my top 5 of GM's, and Bergevin in my bottom 5. Galchenyuck will go play center in Tampa where he will thrive, and Montreal will continue to try and build from the outside in, or they will force Drouin into center, where he will suck

Except Tampa didn't get Galchenyuck...

Dude, we're not even one year post draft. Did u see nylander at the world Junior tourney? Methinks he's going to be just fine.

He may be just fine, but it's still a valid question. The fact that we got a good player doesn't change the fact that we could have gone in a different direction. I was just curious to see if knowing that drafting Sergachev allowed Montreal to swap him for Drouin changes anyones mind about drafting Nylander. We supposedly drafted BPA with Nylander but defensemen currently have a premium value over wingers (and possible premium over centers) so I wonder if that premium gets incorporated into the BPA formula. 

I think the Sabres brass thought there was a good chance Nylander could be Drouin - I.e. a soft, skilled 50-60 point winger.

If that's what they believe, then the Drouin trade cements the fact that Nylander was worth more than Sergachev. ????

Edited by dudacek

“I believe there’s been fire on Duchene for quite awhile,” said Friedman during a Friday morning radio hit on Calgary’s Sportsnet 960. “Duchene and Tavares share the same agent. And I would think the Islanders are probably looking at Tavares and saying, ‘How would you feel about this?’ So I do think the Islanders and Duchene has been a conversation/is a conversation for quite some time.

“The one thing I wonder about Eberle is Kelly Buchberger is going to the Islanders, and I know they butted heads at times when they were both in Edmonton. So I don’t know what that means.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if Colorado was a team that potentially looked at Eberle. Somebody had mentioned to me they heard a Dallas rumor yesterday, but that one got shot down to me when I looked into it.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/friedman-explores-islanders-interest-duchene-eberle/

I have no idea where these numbers are coming from.

Apologies for belated response. Work + new puppy = ... ... hey, we got a new coach!

Yeah -- I was looking at the salary at that time and not the cap hit. My mistake. I later amended but not in the original post.

The ridiculous Kane number was the hypothetical conversation of acquiring PKane for EKane+whatever (which now appears to be a different thread, I can't keep up). P Kane is rocking the 10.5 cap hit (incredibly absurd when paired with Toews' equal 10.5 -- unless they could've counted on the cap rising to 100M). EKane should be in the 5.5-6 range unless someone grossly overpays him on an open market (it's doubtful he'll ever get enough assists to get up into the 6.5-7M range).

I predict Drouin is lights out early on, but evolves into a distracting drama for Montreal.

I despise players like Drouin. We've all played with them.

He is a conceited, smirking, selfish, me-first, unreliable, puckhogging, eye-rolling, excuse-making, finger-pointer who gets away with because of his skills. The Habs only potential saving grace in this is Claude Julien.

It will be interesting to see if Bergevin has the balls to back his coach after his stupid decision to back Therrien over PK blew up in his face.

I predict Drouin is lights out early on, but evolves into a distracting drama for Montreal.

He is a conceited, smirking, selfish, me-first, unreliable, puckhogging, eye-rolling, excuse-making, finger-pointer who gets away with ###### because of his skills. The Habs only potential saving grace in this is Claude Julien.

It will be interesting to see if Bergevin has the balls to back his coach after his stupid decision to back Therrien over PK blew up in his face.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :p

He is a conceited, smirking, selfish, me-first, unreliable, puckhogging, eye-rolling, excuse-making, finger-pointer who gets away with ###### because of his skills. The Habs only potential saving grace in this is Claude Julien.

Bergevin should already be fired. It's amazing what that moron has gotten away with over there

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.