Expansion draft and league-wide wheeling and dealing

Brawndo

Lol I'm glad I got back on twitter. Vegas' twitter is pretty funny. 

Give us your tired, your poor....and a top 4 defenseman1f608.png Expansion lists will be released in 45 minutes!

That is flipping great!  They for sure will be taking Dumba who got exposed.  I'd be all about adding a top four potential 22 year old!

Protected list coming out after 10am.  Let the screaming begin,

Anyone else surprised by how few deal were made prior to the the freeze?  I think this may be partly team asking to much for guys like Vatanen and Brodin with the added face that trading one guy leads to losing two guys off your roster (one in the trade plus one to LV).  

LOL.

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/nhl-reveals-nashville-predators-protection-list-for-expansion-draft/c-289972408

Here is the Preds list from NHL.com

F: Forsberg, Arvidsson, Jarnkrok and Johansen

D; Josi, Ekholm, Ellis and Subbban

G: Rinne

Best exposed players; Neal, Sissons, C. Smith, Watson and Irwin

Edited by GASabresFan

Both Vatanen and Manson were left unprotected by the Ducks (Bieksa had to be protected). But again, belief is that Ducks have deal with VGK Per Le Brun

Minnesota unprotected

Scandella, Dumba and E. Staal among the unprotected for the Wild; Brodin was protected

Montreal protected Benn over Emelin.  So many quality D available to the Knights (although expensive D)  They left former Sabres Ott, Mitchell and Flynn unprotected.

Colorado left Grigorenko unprotected. Florida left Marchessault un protected and protected Pysyk and Petrovic - stupid

Available D

Ana: Vatanen and Manson

Bos: Colin Miller and McQuaid

Buf;  Bogo ;)

Clg; Stone

Chi: TVR

Cbs; Jack Johnson

Dal; Hamhuis

Det; Ouellet

Fla: Kindl

LA; McNabb

Minn: Dumba and Scandella

Mon: Davidson & Emelin

Nsh: Irwin

NJ; Lovejoy & Merrill

NYI: Hickey and DeHaan

NYR: B Smith

Ott; Methot

Pit: Cole & Pouliot

STl: Gunnarsson

Van; Sbisa

Wsh: Schmidt

Wpg: Enstrom

Edited by GASabresFan

Colorado left Grigorenko unprotected. Florida left Marchessault un protected and protected Pysyk and Petrovic - stupid

I'd have to refresh on the Panthers knowldege. But the analytics-only GM is still in, right?    They only scrapped the coach last year?  [i misread and edited.]  Therefore keep Pysyk forever.

Also -- Kassian turned his playoffs work into a protected slot. Nice job, Herr Concept!

Edited by DarthEbriate

What's the over/under on players that LV take in the expansion draft and then trade this summer before the season begins?  Looks like there will be a lot of guys the other 30 teams would want, and we know LV wants draft picks.  If I'm them, I'm taking as many good, young, cap-friendly guys I can and then flipping them for draft picks and enough bad contracts to get to the cap floor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.