Jason Botterill: Hired as New Sabres GM

LGR4GM

Broken record: fingers crossed Murray was our Tallon, Botterill will be our Bowman.

Now just go hire our Quenville.

Yep.

He looks good on paper & has recieved good recommendations. Let's hope he lives up to it.

Would still like to see a new team president w/ a hockey background to help him.

Yep.

He looks good on paper & has recieved good recommendations. Let's hope he lives up to it.

Would still like to see a new team president w/ a hockey background to help him.

Yeah, I feel the same.    He certainly looks like a good choice, but time will tell.

It's absolutely imperative they find the right HC for this particular group of players.

@BuffNewsVogl
 Follow
More

Penguins GM Jim Rutherford said on @TheInstigators that the Sabres called him about Jason Botterill before they fired Tim Murray.

Yeah, I kept that in bold cause I thought it was that interesting 

I think Terry knew the outcome of the exit meetings and was scouting for GMs so if he did *just up and fire * EXGMTM he knew he could get one in a timely manner.

Very interesting. Who made the call?

In hindsight, Murray's "If I'm back" should have gotten a lot more play. He clearly knew he was on the rops. Instead, the ridiculous "coffee comment" got all the attention.

I think Murray was told he and his coach were being fired before the season end presser he held.

I think Murray was told he and his coach were being fired before the season end presser he held.

Why would he even do the presser then, or even meet with Pegula. Also, that would be wholly unprofessional and short sighted of Pegula to a) treat his employees like that and b) make a decision before meeting with him. 

Why would he even do the presser then, or even meet with Pegula. Also, that would be wholly unprofessional and short sighted of Pegula to a) treat his employees like that and b) make a decision before meeting with him. 

Welcome to the real world, my friend.

It's all because he was / is still technically an employee of the Sabres.

I seriously doubt TM was surprised by his lett go.  I don't know any good professionals that don't have a feeling for where they stand with their boss.

That presser response struck me as from someone who at least had an inkling that the boss was disatisfied enough to be communicating change.

There was a day between the meeting with Murray and his firing, what if Pegulas called during that day to see if they could make an improvement. Did they really treat Murray poorly then? Also won cares Murray got millions still.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.