Jason Botterill: Hired as New Sabres GM

LGR4GM

Zeppelin is rated a top 5 band of all time by most people that I see rating them, and they are indeed that, so I contend that they are not overrated. 

Not everyone likes them. Also, if this is going strictly off of popularity, then nobody mentioned in this thread is overrated.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Very interesting. Who made the call?

In hindsight, Murray's "If I'm back" should have gotten a lot more play. He clearly knew he was on the rops. Instead, the ridiculous "coffee comment" got all the attention.

Oh, I read it for what it was.  I wasn't ready to let him go yet.  Meh.  I'm over him now.

I think Terry knew weeks before, as did Murray from his comments. There where basic goals this year to be met by GM and coach and they where not achieved.

Then the Jack leak happened.

Then the exit interviews went very bad for coach and GM.

Fired. No remorse.

He had the fore thought to hope for the best and plan for the worse. Sounds like a good owner.

If you remember the "pep talk" that EXGMTM gave the team late in the season.  That was probably his attempt to motivate the team to play better to beat last year's point total.  I think his minimum metric was year-on-year improvement.  When he didn't get there, he know he was only going to stay if TPegs recanted on his goals.  So while he didn't know for sure until he got fired.... he knew.

I think Murray was told he and his coach were being fired before the season end presser he held.

Why would he even do the presser then, or even meet with Pegula. Also, that would be wholly unprofessional and short sighted of Pegula to a) treat his employees like that and b) make a decision before meeting with him. 

I think they knew because Terry had set minimum performance thresholds and when the Sabres earned fewer points than the season before, they missed their thresholds.  But up until the actual firings, neither of them knew for sure.  They only knew:  "If there is year-on-year improvement of X, you will keep your jobs."  So they were in serious hot water and knew it, but perhaps were hoping that TPegs would relent and give them one more year.

tumblr_mb8525ztH61qkktc4o1_500.gif

It's still a bad look for Pegula, it makes no sense why he would treat his employees like that

TPegs may not have make his final decision until after player exit interviews, perhaps not even until the meeting at the end of the year with EXGMTM.  "You didn't meet your goal, Tim.  What's your plan if I give you one more year?"  And the plan wasn't compelling enough.

Most of the previous two pages of posts are why I avoid posting links.

(I don't post GIFs because I am old and don't know how)

In a semi-related note: I think the fact that the two favourite bands of NS are so diametrically opposed in British music culture, yet so awesome.

We all knew it was him. The markets had already adjusted to it.

I'm done being excited until these supposed professionals win at anything. They have not earned my appreciation or excitement. Prove it. Until then you're just a guy with a title.

I'm done being excited until these supposed professionals win at anything. They have not earned my appreciation or excitement. Prove it. Until then you're just a guy with a title.

Now you're coming around.  I knew you had it in you.  In a couple of seasons you'll have the same outlook towards perennial next years' prospects and FA's too.

The dark side is strong, Liger.

Now you're coming around. I knew you had it in you. In a couple of seasons you'll have the same outlook towards perennial next years' prospects and FA's too.

I'm there. I'm at prove it. Eichel, prove you're better then Auston Matthews. Reinhart either be fine or get off my team. Guhle hasn't earned crap. Nylander, better train this off-season because you aren't good enough.

JBOT, prove you can get us to the playoffs

Aerosmith... definitely overrated.  2-3 decent albums and then alot of shlock.  Nothing innovative at all either.  Floyd? Cream? Metallica? Solid bands, with super talent.  Not always my cup of tea, but serious talent.  Nirvana?  Never had the chance to see what their chops were made of. Dead too soon.  If Grohl was going to become the lead creative guy for the band they would have been interesting to follow.  Not sure Cobain had the chops on guitar to keep up.  Who knew back then that the band's best guitar player was playing drums.

Steve Miller Band?  What, are you high?  :P

I'm there. I'm at prove it. Eichel, prove you're better then Auston Matthews. Reinhart either be fine or get off my team. Guhle hasn't earned crap. Nylander, better train this off-season because you aren't good enough.
JBOT, prove you can get us to the playoffs

Ahhhh.... to remember the innocence of Zemgus the Destroyer....

Edited by We've

Now you're coming around.  I knew you had it in you.  In a couple of seasons you'll have the same outlook towards perennial next years' prospects and FA's too.

We're all a little cold and dead inside, but we're all here because we know the right guys can awaken the force.

Maybe the hockey gods have decided that we've paid a heavy enough price for the Black Sunday and tank crimes against the game.

Maybe JBott will be the one to pull the sabre from the rock encasement.

It could happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.