Jason Botterill: Hired as New Sabres GM

LGR4GM

I honestly don't think that we could have gotten a better GM. TM was good for the time period he was here, but now that the dust is settling, ill go so far as saying last year may have been a neseccary birth pain towards the greater good.

You're on board with this hire?

So that means Terry is doing *it* right by hiring this new GM?

I like the new positive PA !

Maybe. BTW it's not meddling. The owner has to hire his GM, absent a president to do it, of course.

@BuffNewsVogl
 Follow
More

Penguins GM Jim Rutherford said on @TheInstigators that the Sabres called him about Jason Botterill before they fired Tim Murray.

Yeah, I kept that in bold cause I thought it was that interesting 

I think Terry knew the outcome of the exit meetings and was scouting for GMs so if he did *just up and fire * EXGMTM he knew he could get one in a timely manner.

@BuffNewsVogl
 Follow
More

Penguins GM Jim Rutherford said on @TheInstigators that the Sabres called him about Jason Botterill before they fired Tim Murray.

Yeah, I kept that in bold cause I thought it was that interesting 

Very interesting. Who made the call?

In hindsight, Murray's "If I'm back" should have gotten a lot more play. He clearly knew he was on the rops. Instead, the ridiculous "coffee comment" got all the attention.

I think Terry knew the outcome of the exit meetings and was scouting for GMs so if he did *just up and fire * EXGMTM he knew he could get one in a timely manner.

I don't think he knew he was going to fire Murray until after the exit interviews; in fact he's said those interviews are what made the decision for him. What I find very interesting about that tweet, is that Terry was absolutely adamant on stopping leaks within the organizations, and was a huge deal for him. Here it comes out two weeks later that he knew his guy from the very start, and nobody saw this coming at all. That's interesting to me

Very nice. You missed former Sabre and current Pen, which I think rank highly for Terry (along with young). But I can't hold that against Botterill. I truly feel good about this hire. There's not much to be skeptical or negative about. For now lol.

Holy Christ.  This is all I need to read to know this is a good hire :lol:

I don't think he knew he was going to fire Murray until after the exit interviews; in fact he's said those interviews are what made the decision for him. What I find very interesting about that tweet, is that Terry was absolutely adamant on stopping leaks within the organizations, and was a huge deal for him. Here it comes out two weeks later that he knew his guy from the very start, and nobody saw this coming at all. That's interesting to me

I think Terry knew weeks before, as did Murray from his comments. There where basic goals this year to be met by GM and coach and they where not achieved.

Then the Jack leak happened.

Then the exit interviews went very bad for coach and GM.

Fired. No remorse.

He had the fore thought to hope for the best and plan for the worse. Sounds like a good owner.

Whaley and Murray had a ton of similarities. Interestingly enough, Pegula complained about not being involved in either decision to hire / resign / keep those GMs. When he claims he would be involved, he hired two vastly different GMs, but two who are incredibly similar as well. Interesting 

NHL player

Minor league player

WJC three-time champ

NCAA national champ

1st-round draft pick

captain

AHL champion

Has an MBA

Scout

Hockey department administrator

Contract negotiator

Capologist

Minor league player development manager

Young and experienced

Assistant GM

Associate GM

Stanley Cup champion

Guy might seem vanilla and he can't avoid the Ghost of Pittsburgh hires past, but damn, that's an impressive resume. What check marks is he missing?

A sweet presentation at Sloan :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.