Jason Botterill: Hired as New Sabres GM

LGR4GM

There was a day between the meeting with Murray and his firing, what if Pegulas called during that day to see if they could make an improvement. Did they really treat Murray poorly then? Also won cares Murray got millions still.

Exactly, not as if we're talking about a blue collar guy missing a mortgage payment or something. He's richer than most of us I would certainly imagine.

I like the hire. I thought going into the process that he and Fenton were the top two candidates of the guys without NHL GM experience.

His experience with the Sabres should help him understand the fanbase. His winning history in the AHL should definitely help there and he had a proven track record of developing guys through the AHL. I also think he has a great understanding of roster construction in a cap world.

It will be interesting to see how he handles the trade market. This is where I worry the most with a rookie GM.

Ew.

I know. My nana's initials are WGR.

I seriously doubt TM was surprised by his lett go.  I don't know any good professionals that don't have a feeling for where they stand with their boss.

That presser response struck me as from someone who at least had an inkling that the boss was disatisfied enough to be communicating change.

Maybe he knew he was toast and his comment about Bylsma not spending more time with his players was his way of sending word around the league that, hey, my roster was OK, the coach just couldn't relate to them.

*Strolls through, checking the new digs out*

So, this is where we're talking about ghosts now?

You'll always be my boo.

Gotta think that new GMJB and TP have had chats about a coach too...maybe they'll announce who that is at the news conference. I think they may also announce a trade of Cindy Crosby coming to Buffalo (just as someone who posts on here all the time predicted) in return for Matt Moulson, Tyler Ennis, Bogo, a bag of pucks, the rights to have Rick Jenerette announce one game for Pittsburg and future considerations (which will be like a 5th round draft pick if we win the cup next year, and a 6th if we lose in the cup finals)

Pink Floyd, one of the most overrated bands in history. Right up there with Nirvana, Metallica, and Aerosmith.

Ten years on this board with many a dustup. You just became my first ignore.

not really

Pink Floyd, one of the most overrated bands in history. Right up there with Nirvana, Metallica, and Aerosmith.

Largely agree except I do enjoy the earlier Aerosmith as one of the finer Rolling Stone derivations to have come down the line. 

I was in HS and college during the Metallica and Nirvana salad days and never understood it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.