Jason Botterill: Hired as New Sabres GM

LGR4GM

Largely agree except I do enjoy the earlier Aerosmith as one of the finer Rolling Stone derivations to have come down the line. 

I was in HS and college during the Metallica and Nirvana salad days and never understood it. 

Aerosmith has one good song : Mama Kin

Agreed on PF and Aerosmith, but not Nirvana. (No opinion on Metallica.)

Nirvana was objectively terrible. Had Cobain not killed himself when he did we would not be talking about them now.

Hell, Hole's first two albums were vastly superior. #hottaeks

Edited by Sabres79

And I still go back and listen to dark side of the moon every now and again.

Nirvana was objectively terrible. Had Cobain not killed himself when he did we would not be talking abou ruin now.

I agree that Cobain's suicide was the inciting incident for Nirvana's legendary status, but you can't say that they're "objectively" a bad band.

They're so tight. Dave Grohl is great.

Nirvana is a really good band. Not legendary, but still really good.

Nirvana was objectively terrible. Had Cobain not killed himself when he did we would not be talking about them now.

I just think they're overrated for the reason above. There were better grunge bands than them, but Cobain just made gave them cult status

And I still go back and listen to dark side of the moon every now and again.

I agree that Cobain's suicide was the inciting incident for Nirvana's legendary status, but you can't say that they're "objectively" a bad band.

They're so tight. Dave Grohl is great.

Dave Grohl has literally been in four better bands.

Pink Floyd, one of the most overrated bands in history. Right up there with Nirvana, Metallica, and Aerosmith.

Aerosmith for sure, Nirvana made some great covers.    

Pink Floyd, never been a real fan, like some songs.   Metallica is great though :p

I really liked how Murray handled the buffalo media, wonder how JBOT will do in his first press conference. 

Pink Floyd, one of the most overrated bands in history. Right up there with Nirvana, Metallica, and Aerosmith.

Agree about Pink Floyd and Aerosmith. I also think Queen,Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Guns-N-Roses  are overrated as well.  

Nirvava launched the grunge/alternative movement in the mainstream so I don't think they're overrated. Metallica has reinvented themselves several times over the years and continues to thrive, so I don't think they are overrated either

Agree about Pink Floyd and Aerosmith. I also think Queen,Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Guns-N-Roses  are overrated as well.  

Nirvava launched the grunge/alternative movement in the mainstream so I don't think they're overrated. Metallica has reinvented themselves several times over the years and continues to thrive, so I don't think they are overrated either

Did Nirvana launch that? I don't believe so. Honestly I just don't like the kind of music Metallica makes, and think all of their stuff is the same. But again, just MO

AC/DC and Roses are just entertaining, nothing special there.

Queen has the greatest lead singer of all time, and probably the greatest performer in the history of entertainment. Zeppelin is just so diverse and unique. 

I would put you on ignore for that, but I'd miss your avatar.

Nirvana is a really good band. Not legendary, but still really good.

You two can both go yourselves.  Legendary.

Did Nirvana launch that? I don't believe so. Honestly I just don't like the kind of music Metallica makes, and think all of their stuff is the same. But again, just MO

AC/DC and Roses are just entertaining, nothing special there.

Queen has the greatest lead singer of all time, and probably the greatest performer in the history of entertainment. Zeppelin is just so diverse and unique. 

Smells Like Teen Spirit launched the grunge/alternative movement into the mainstream.

I prefer Metallica's stuff from the 1980's, but I have to admit the Black Album is a classic and put them on a whole new level. I'm looking forward to seeing them tomorrow in Philly.

There's no denying Freddie Mercury was a phenomenal vocalist, but a lot of Queen's songs are corny. I'm so sick of hearing Bohemian Rhapsody! Another One Bites The Dust is my favorite from them. Otherwise, just like Zepp, they're overplayed and overrated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.