• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Drury would come, trade Jack, Risto, ROR, & Sam to the Rags, and then would quit and go back to the Rags.

If I was LGR, you'd see that gif of that guy roundly applauded.

There has never been a Sabre who held himself up as the epitome of a captain, yet held the franchise in such disdain.

Hasek was a whack job and we knew it. Peca had principles. Kozlov never wanted to be here in the first place.

Drury is a hypocrite and a traitor.

Craig Custance mentioned attempting to pry John Chayka from Arizona.

In regards to Treviling, why has Calgary waited so long? And does he maybe want to see what options are out there before deciding?

I really like Chayka, about 6 years from now. I like his ideas, but he's way too green and unproven for this team. And he just took over in Arizona

Not sure, but I doubt he'd leave the team he's hand built, with all that young talent. 

If I was LGR, you'd see that gif of that guy roundly applauded.

There has never been a Sabre who held himself up as the epitome of a captain, yet held the franchise in such disdain.

Hasek was a whack job and we knew it. Peca had principles. Kozlov never wanted to be here in the first place.

Drury is a hypocrite and a traitor.

At that point in time, ownership --not the franchise -- deserved to be disdained.

Drury was ready and willing to re-sign, and they jerked him around for an extended period, so, like pretty much anyone else would do, he left.

Not saying Drury didn't have reason to be upset.

I am saying Golisano's or Larry Quinn's behaviour does not justify the disdain he seems to carry for the city and the franchise. He thought he was better than us then and he thinks he's better than us now.

And too many people are OK with that.

I don't care if this seems irrational. Sports fandom is not rational.

Chris Drury.

Edited by dudacek

I am saying Golisano's or Larry Quinn's behaviour does not justify the disdain he seems to carry for the city and the franchise. He thought he was better than us then and he thinks he's better than us now.

###### Chris Drury.

Whoa.  How did PA hack your account?

And what has Drury said specifically to give rise to this interpretation?

###### Chris Drury.

Wow, why is my impression so different. I think Quinn screwed that deal up.

It was Golisano's desk that the deal sat on for too long.

Okay, my bad. Meant the Golisano crew and signaled out Quinn but Quinn was supposedly the guy he leaned on in hockey decisions. So that front office screwed things up.

OSP had No intention of paying either Drury or Danny. Vanek's contract only happened because Darcy painted him into a corner on that one. Remember, OSP loudly grumbled about why all players aren't on one year contracts (probably wage-capped as well). But he was a better owner in retrospect than TPegs. Or so one of us would have you believe.

If I were Drury I'd be pretty pissed.

OSP had No intention of paying either Drury or Danny. Vanek's contract only happened because Darcy painted him into a corner on that one. Remember, OSP loudly grumbled about why all players aren't on one year contracts (probably wage-capped as well). But he was a better owner in retrospect than TPegs. Or so one of us would have you believe.

If I were Drury I'd be pretty pissed.

Not true. He eventually came around to approving the Drury deal but too late to save the deal. By the time he was on board, Drury had changed his mind.

@johnnymclean13

Just saw Scotty Bowman having lunch with Terry Pegula at the airport #Sabres

That is the funniest thing I've read in forever. I might be like dudacek and just totally overtired right now, but my stomach hurts from laughing. I heard the meeting was over by the vending machines. Terry asked if Cool Ranch Doritos and Funyuns clash. Terry and Scotty hit heads trying to pick up a quarter off the floor and now Scotty is questionable for Game 2.

Got lost under a pile of sugar packets.

I should get a royalty on this stuff.

###### Chris Drury.

Some day I'll get you to agree on Hasek too.

Sounds like a good place for TP to visit, maybe get some insight.

A question about Lombardi; is he married to the heavy style of play he employed when in LA?  If he is, maybe he isn't the right guy for the Sabres.  I don't see Jack and Sam thriving in that system, but who knows.  

I keep going back to Paul Fenton.  I know TP is unlikely to go with a 1st timer again, but considering the experienced names out there, such as Nonis, Gillis and Lombardi, the only one I'd even consider is Lombardi and as I wrote above is he a fit for the roster.  The answer is to get an older former GM, like a Dudley (but he is just an example) to serve as hockey ops president and put Fenton under him.  I think the fans and media would argue that TP is making the same mistake twice if he hires Fenton without another hockey guy above him.   

I feel that Poile is the best GM in the NHL given what he has to work with.  If he says that Fenton is ready to go that is good enough for me.  

Someone asked earlier how quickly this will get done.  IMHO two weeks at most, because the new GM with then need to hire a coach, decide on the system that coach wants to play and then review the roster to see how it fits with the style of play.  That's a great deal of work to get done before the expansion draft in late June.  That doesn't include hiring of scouts, making a draft list, getting a coach for Rochester etc......

I do hope that the new coach retains our goalie coach, Andrew Allen and PP coach Bob Woods.  It seems to me that these guys actually did a fine job this year and some stability in the two most successful areas of the Sabres might not be a bad thing.

Edited by GASabresFan