2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

Am I nuts for thinking that Ehrhoff was good here?

No, you're not--he was quite good. But, for reasons I continue to fail to understand, I think a lot of people got hung up on the cash at the front end of the contract and expected a franchise defenseman, which he was not. He also played a style that plenty of fans dislike, and I think that played into it.

No, you're not--he was quite good. But, for reasons I continue to fail to understand, I think a lot of people got hung up on the cash at the front end of the contract and expected a franchise defenseman, which he was not. He also played a style that plenty of fans dislike, and I think that played into it.

Wasn't it only a 4 million dollar cap hit, too?

I'd murder someone to get an Ehrhoff level defenseman at this cap's equivalent of $4 mil then.

He came at a time when the bone crushing defenseman was still a thing that people wanted. Remember all the love "the tunnel of death" got when Pegula recruited him? Man, was he old and slow.

Ehrhoff was just fine as a player for us. The forwards underperformed and the rest of the D sucked.

Ehrhoff was good, he just wasn't consequential in the overall scope of things. 

From Larry Brooks

Expect Devils to be among most serious and aggressive bidders for Shattenkirk.

And that's all she wrote..

Why is that all she wrote?

Jersey has a lot more work to do than we do. They have like 3 legitimate pieces there that aren't going to be useless/interchangeable in the next 3 years.

Am I nuts for thinking that Ehrhoff was good here?

Not at all.

He was solid here, but ended up miscast as the 1 (because Myers didn't pan out as a 1-2) and Ehrhoff couldn't handle that load. That impacted his overall game including the PP.

Then we bought him out and replaced him with...  Meszaros, Benoit, and Gorges. Cash floor, depth, and rebuild leadership, respectively. In comparison, those three made Ehrhoff look amazing.

Edited by DarthEbriate

Marner and Nylander maybe.... but Matthews?   He's in his prime right now, this is the best Matthews we'll ever see.

Matthews will likely never again score as many goals in a game as he did in his first. He peaked already :p

Imagine if we got Shattenkirk and, say, Scandella, while being able to dump Bogo?

McCabe-Risto

Scandella-Shattenkirk

Beaulieu-Antipin

Or some permutation thereof. It's not Nashville's top-4, but it'd be a quantum leap over what we iced last season.

*searches for new pants*

I need this to happen.

Interested to know what people in the re-sign Kane camp think about throwing a huge deal at Shattenkirk

I want to sign Kane. I'd rather sign Shatter.

Jaromir JagrVerified account @68Jagr 1h1 hour ago

More

Everywhere I look,I read:all FA getting calls from10-12teams. Me0 calls.On the contrary,I'm trying to call them,and no ones picking up.1f600.png1f633.png1f1e8-1f1ff.png

Distinct possibility of trolling aside....Jagr, anyone?

I would instantly buy a Jagr jersey. Though, I suspect it would get the same reaction at a randy moss 9ers jersey.

Why is that all she wrote?

Jersey has a lot more work to do than we do. They have like 3 legitimate pieces there that aren't going to be useless/interchangeable in the next 3 years.

I agree on the fact Buffalo is closer, but he is from New Rochelle and expressed interest in playing near home.

LeBrun mentioned the Devils would be a fit.

Plus as Thomas Vanek, mentioned although he knows how great it is to play here not everyone shares the same opinion.

That's slowly changing, Okposo, but replacing the Front Office and Coaching Staff can be perceived as dysfunctional, even though it was for best.

My hunch is he doesn't sign with Buffalo

Jaromir JagrVerified account @68Jagr  1h1 hour ago

More

Everywhere I look,I read:all FA getting calls from10-12teams. Me0 calls.On the contrary,I'm trying to call them,and no ones picking up.1f600.png1f633.png1f1e8-1f1ff.png

Distinct possibility of trolling aside....Jagr, anyone?

I'm in. You want to show any young guy what HOFers do, Jagr or Hossa would be your best live specimens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.