2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

What's with the rumour that FGMTM called KP a c*nt ?

Link?

How dumb would EXGMTM have to be to do that.  What did he think would happen?  And if he had a morals clause in his contract, that may have triggered it.  Even if it didn't, TP has enough money to litigate this for years and see EXGMTM bankrupt himself trying to fight it.  That's why I'm skeptical that this happened.

Edited by Tondas

How dumb would EXGMTM have to be to do that.  What did he think would happen?  And if he had a morals clause in his contract, that may have triggered it.  Even if it didn't, TP has enough money to litigate this for years and see EXGMTM bankrupt himself trying to fight it.  That's why I'm skeptical that this happened.

Right. Which is why I had inferred that the rumour was that FGMTM had said that about her in the company of people other than TP or KP, and that word got back. That sort of thing.

I also found it very interesting that a similar rumour had cropped up years ago around Polian and Mary (I think?) Wilson.

isn't that what was rumored to be the reason why Ralph Wilson fired Bill Polian after the Bills SB years? Rumor was he called Ralphs daughter(who worked for the team) a derogatory term for female genitalia

A recycled rumour, maybe.

Edited by That Aud Smell

isn't that what was rumored to be the reason why Ralph Wilson fired Bill Polian after the Bills SB years? Rumor was he called Ralphs daughter(who worked for the team) a derogatory term for female genitalia

That was a component of it. The biggest problem was Littman couldn't stand him.

I see a goodly amount of skepticism re Shattinthekirk from certain pundits on the Twitter. One (Davis?) said STL was better when he left, and WAS worse after he arrived.

Nah?

That was hammy take. Therefore I now think I want him.

I see a goodly amount of skepticism re Shattinthekirk from certain pundits on the Twitter. One (Davis?) said STL was better when he left, and WAS worse after he arrived.

Nah?

It's insane. There's a legit argument somebody is going to overpay and he won't be worth that particular contract, but he's a heck of a player.

Same. If I can get him for 7 and low 5s, I do it. If it's 7 and low 6s, I do not.

Of course, being a fan, I will find a way to rationalize it either way :D

Yup. I'd force myself to like it. If nothing else, we'd be in for a run to the playoffs, finally, next season.

Edited by Thorny

Per Dreger

Many teams in the market for a center have connected with Nick Bonino. At least 10 teams are said to have serious interest at this stage.

Same. If I can get him for 7 and low 5s, I do it. If it's 7 and low 6s, I do not.

Of course, being a fan, I will find a way to rationalize it either way :D

Unfortunately any deal with Shattenkirk will probably be 7x7, particularly in light of what Brendan Smith got

Per Dreger

Many teams in the market for a center have connected with Nick Bonino. At least 10 teams are said to have serious interest at this stage.

Unfortunately any deal with Shattenkirk will probably be 7x7, particularly in light of what Brendan Smith got

I have no interest in Bonino because of cost. I bet he gets 3.5 or more a year and honestly, I think Larsson if healthy can basically do what he can for less. 

Shattenkirk's issue for me isn't price but length. SO few defenders maintain into the mid 30's. 32/33 seems to be the max and idk I just worry. 

I have no interest in Bonino because of cost. I bet he gets 3.5 or more a year and honestly, I think Larsson if healthy can basically do what he can for less. 

Shattenkirk's issue for me isn't price but length. SO few defenders maintain into the mid 30's. 32/33 seems to be the max and idk I just worry. 

I have more confidence giving a defender that length at his age than I do a forward 

I have more confidence giving a defender that length at his age than I do a forward 

Agreed--defensemen usually age better than forwards. And he's such a smooth skater, I think he'll be fine. Still don't want to get near the $7M+ some thing he'll get.

Can segue this into Eichel's contract....if he gets 8 years, he'll be up for a new deal at 29. That's a horrible age for a forward contract, from the team perspective. We'll almost certainly be paying for past performance that future performance will not match for the majority of the deal.

Can segue this into Eichel's contract....if he gets 8 years, he'll be up for a new deal at 29. That's a horrible age for a forward contract, from the team perspective. We'll almost certainly be paying for past performance that future performance will not match for the majority of the deal.

This is why we should sign Jack to a three-year $20-million bridge deal now, then and eight-year $80-million extension before he gets to UFA ???? Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.