2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

@BlueJacketsNHL

#CBJ buy out contract of left wing Scott Hartnell:

@PierreVLeBrun

with James Neal gone there's a hole up front, that's why they've tried on Duchene, called Thornton camp... Preds want to stay in win mode

Kane? Do they have any D prospects we should be interested in?

Kane? Do they have any D prospects we should be interested in?

Zach Werenski but Kane isn't enough to get him. 

Pretty evident they don't want wingers either. Plus, as an added bonus, I'm pretty sure Subban and Kane hate each other 

Sorry, my mistake. Thought you were talking about the Preds

Edited by WildCard

The only piece we have that could fetch Werenski without a massive add is Jack Eichel. Zach put up Reinhart's production as a rookie 19 yr old D.

Bonino is a very good player, and would be a huge upgrade to the bottom six, but would not be worth the contract it would take to get him here IMO.

Kane for David Savard? He was quietly very very good for them. I doubt they want to move him though.

The Leafs are going to play in the ECF before their kiddos get off the ELCs. And it sucks.

The only piece we have that could fetch Werenski without a massive add is Jack Eichel. Zach put up Reinhart's production as a rookie 19 yr old D.

Bonino is a very good player, and would be a huge upgrade to the bottom six, but would not be worth the contract it would take to get him here IMO.

Kane for David Savard? He was quietly very very good for them. I doubt they want to move him though.

The Leafs are going to play in the ECF before their kiddos get off the ELCs. And it ###### sucks.

The leafs are going to fall back to earth a bit. They barely suffered injuries and the division will adjust to better match them. The tendencies of all those rookies will be known. While I predict the leafs will make the playoffs, the ECF is not a guarantee for them by any means. 

The leafs are going to fall back to earth a bit. They barely suffered injuries and the division will adjust to better match them. The tendencies of all those rookies will be known. While I predict the leafs will make the playoffs, the ECF is not a guarantee for them by any means. 

This, 100%. The injury luck last year was borderline video game level. 

Very possible, but I'm terrified that Marner-Nylander-Matthews were so excellent as 19-20 year olds, with a ridiculous amount of room yet to grow. One good D addition and their growth alone could get them pushing a second round series to late games.

Very possible, but I'm terrified that Marner-Nylander-Matthews were so excellent as 19-20 year olds, with a ridiculous amount of room yet to grow. One good D addition and their growth alone could get them pushing a second round series to late games.

Marner and Nylander maybe.... but Matthews?   He's in his prime right now, this is the best Matthews we'll ever see.

I'd be willing to bet he doesn't hit 40 again this year

Dude went 8 and 12 game stretches without a goal this year, and still hit 40 with a not-outrageous shooting percentage, shooting from areas where that percentage is pretty normal. 

If he misses, it's because he gets 38 and almost doubles his assist totals.

Dude went 8 and 12 game stretches without a goal this year, and still hit 40 with a not-outrageous shooting percentage, shooting from areas where that percentage is pretty normal. 

If he misses, it's because he gets 38 and almost doubles his assist totals.

Or defenders actually pick him up in those areas / not let him get there 

Also, that screams inconsistency. That's Stafford level inconsistency right there

Or defenders actually pick him up in those areas / not let him get there 

Also, that screams inconsistency. That's Stafford level inconsistency right there

And Jack had like 3 different stretches of 1 point in 10 games during HIS rookie year. Including like 3 or 4 5-game stretches with no points. He smoothed that out pretty nicely, no reason to think Auston won't. 

And defenders knew not to let him go there, just like they know not to let Connor get them caught flat-footed as he hits the outside. They still find ways though, that's what makes them great. In particular, Auston is sneaky and slippery. He reads gaps and play development a step ahead, like a psychic. 

And Jack had like 3 different stretches of 1 point in 10 games during HIS rookie year. Including like 3 or 4 5-game stretches with no points. He smoothed that out pretty nicely, no reason to think Auston won't. 

And defenders knew not to let him go there, just like they know not to let Connor get them caught flat-footed as he hits the outside. They still find ways though, that's what makes them great. In particular, Auston is sneaky and slippery. He reads gaps and play development a step ahead, like a psychic. 

Still hope he tears his ACL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.