2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

Altogether now!

@MikeChambers
Denver star Will Butcher not signing with #Avs, not now, perhaps never http://dpo.st/2oqcxQU via @denverpost

Butcher, Hobey Baker winner on talking with Sakic: "He came in and gave me his whole spiel about changes in the program, going younger and everything like that." He would later tell Sakic, "don't call us, we'll call you" 

Left handed D, 22 years old, Captained Denver to the NCAA championship. 
Edited by WildCard

I like Butcher, but with Guhle liely to earn a job in Buffalo, and Antipin likely to be signed with a promise of a job in Buffalo, is it really wise to sign someone else without NHL experience.

Throw as many darts as you can at the board, especially when Antipin and Butcher would cost you nothing

Throw as many darts as you can at the board, especially when Antipin and Butcher would cost you nothing

I'm not the biggest fan of Butcher, mainly because he is undersized, and Antipin is also undersized, but this post i totally agree. Keep adding as much as possible until we have our core. As of now, Butcher is looking like a 5th round steal for the Aves (if he signs there) and if he walks, someone will add him for nothing, is pretty wild.

And nothing says Guhle has to start in Buffalo. He can start in Rochester if theres better players ahead of him,

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Galchenyuck is a FA, and averaged under 16m per game under Julien, and played on the 4th line wing in the playoffs. He wants to get paid, and play center, and Montreal appears to not want to do either, but are desperately lacking any offensive talent. Wonder what happens with him.

FWIW I'd bet the Canadiens would absolutely kill to have Evander Kane

Alex Galchenyuck is a FA, and averaged under 16m per game under Julien, and played on the 4th line wing in the playoffs. He wants to get paid, and play center, and Montreal appears to not want to do either, but are desperately lacking any offensive talent. Wonder what happens with him.

FWIW I'd bet the Canadiens would absolutely kill to have Evander Kane

We have a log jam at center and Montreal doesn't like his two way game. He'd have to play LW here, not sure if he'd want that as a natural center.

Also not sure if we'd want Kane to go to our own division champions. But yeah Galchenyuck is a heck of a good player, young too.

McKenzie speculating Tampa has to make moves, saying maybe Drouin because Drouin views himself on that MacKinnon /  Barkov / Jones level of player and wants that money.

LeBrun saying this will be a historical offseason, and strongly believes it will one of the busiest ever

McKenzie speculating Tampa has to make moves, saying maybe Drouin because Drouin views himself on that MacKinnon /  Barkov / Jones level of player and wants that money.

LeBrun saying this will be a historical offseason, and strongly believes it will one of the busiest ever

Expansion guarantees a lot of movement.  That definitely makes things far more interesting than usual.

Good time to not have a GM.

#becausebuffalo

(I'm joking. We'll be fine)

Agreed we'll be fine, but It is why I'm surprised Murphy and Royce were immediately let go.

Guess Jakubowski, Devine and Crisp should know pretty much everything the new guy needs to know, and he'll come in with the knowledge of wherever he comes from.

I'd like to see at least the GM, or a VP, hired by the middle of next week. Screw the NFL. All Pegula need to do there is shake a few hands.

Sabres coach can wait until June for all I care.

Edited by dudacek

Calle Rosén, D

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37021

This is a guy Sabres should take a look at, Toronto and Calgary already are.

He is undrafted, good speed and puck handling.

He will most likely be playing for Sweden in World Championships.

TY info

• 2 weeks later...

Great article with a ton of stuff from TSN guys on potentially trading Eberle, why Subban isn't an Oiler (spoiler: paying Drasaitl and McDavid), and what St.Louis might do this offseason (spoiler: get a playmaker to have fun with Tarasenko)

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-oilers-may-renew-efforts-trade-eberle-season/

who the heck is gonna take Eberle at 6 mil for another 2 years? he ain't worth half that even on the Oilers his numbers are not exactly awe inspiring. and I would never trade Evander kane to Montreal for Galchenyuck. Defence should be are one and only priority as I still say our forwards are very good and match up with most teams. Young studs like Jack and Sam will only get better and we have lots of good young guys just starting their careers.

• 2 weeks later...

“The one thing I’ve learned over the years E.J. – and you’ve been around the business a long time too – you think that nothing is possible and then weird stuff happens, right?” said Friedman. “I think if the Washington Capitals wanted to trade him – and that’s an if – I think they’d have no problem finding a partner. Alexander Ovechkin would sell tickets. He would sell out buildings. And even though we’re talking about this being a down year for him, he still scored 33 goals and he can make your power play lethal. I don’t think they would have any trouble trading Alexander Ovechkin if they wanted to.

“Look, Ovechkin and Leonsis are tight. This is not a hockey decision. This would be an ownership decision. Ted Leonsis would have to be willing to make this call. The Washington Capitals, their games are an awesome place right now. But if you’ve been around the league a long time, you know when they weren’t. And I think you’d have to sell Ted Leonsis on if you trade the greatest player in franchise history, if you trade the guy who fills out your building, are you going to go back to where you were. That’s No. 1.

“But I see a hockey reason for it. He’s due $40 million over the next four years in hard cash and he’s about to become 32. Father Time is undefeated. Was last year a blip? Or are the Washington Capitals going to have to look and say, ‘We’ve got a good enough team we can do things without Alexander Ovechkin that we can do this.’

“It’s a tough one.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/friedman-explores-dynamics-potential-ovechkin-trade/

Washington, with or without OV, can't seem to get i right. But trading him would certainly be one of the biggest trades ever. And please don't say we should trade jack and Risto and Sam for him. Imagine what the Caps would ask? anyways, I am looking forward to a lot of wheeling and dealing soon (inlcuding by new GMJBotto)

Washington, with or without OV, can't seem to get i right. But trading him would certainly be one of the biggest trades ever. And please don't say we should trade jack and Risto and Sam for him. Imagine what the Caps would ask? anyways, I am looking forward to a lot of wheeling and dealing soon (inlcuding by new GMJBotto)

We should trade Jack, Risto, and RoR for him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.