2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

Nail 18 y/o model, have said model threaten to post photo evidence, respond with "I don't care." Have model post picture, become more of the boss than you were this morning.

As opposed to the Patrick Kane model of Friday night jollies.

You get the 18 yo models by being relevant for close to 25 years. Being relevant takes hard work.

Imagine if we got Shattenkirk and, say, Scandella, while being able to dump Bogo?

McCabe-Risto

Scandella-Shattenkirk

Beaulieu-Antipin

Or some permutation thereof. It's not Nashville's top-4, but it'd be a quantum leap over what we iced last season.

*searches for new pants*

I somehow missed this earlier.

Oh my....

I wouldn't be angry if they signed Vanek, but I wouldn't celebrate it either. I'd be pretty bummed if Jagr was taking up a roster spot. Hell ###### no on both!

You would rather have that roster spot taken by Nick Bonino? One year won't kill us.

You would rather have that roster spot taken by Nick Bonino? One year won't kill us.

I'm confused, why is that the only alternative to signing Jagr or Jagr+Vanek? 

And in a vacuum, I think Nick Bonino would make this team better than either, for what it's worth, but I dont' want to pay what he will get. He's not really on my radar

Anyone interested in Sam Gagner for 3rd line center?

At the right price, absolutely. Unless Reinhart moves to 3rd line Center, we have no one like Gagner to take that spot today. Could be the bridge for a 2 year deal until Mittedlstadt is ready. 

Nail 18 y/o model, have said model threaten to post photo evidence, respond with "I don't care." Have model post picture, become more of the boss than you were this morning.

As opposed to the Patrick Kane model of Friday night jollies.

As I recall Jagr posted the photo in an effort to save her the trouble.  Which only makes it funnier. 

Still, pass.  Two years ago maybe. 

I'm confused, why is that the only alternative to signing Jagr or Jagr+Vanek? 

And in a vacuum, I think Nick Bonino would make this team better than either, for what it's worth, but I dont' want to pay what he will get. He's not really on my radar

Cost is a valid concern. But Jagr was still a dominant player last year. Yes there are other options. I prefer giving the kids a taste but prevailing sentiment is they "need" to "season" in Roch. I disagree but if that is the case, Jagr or Vanek are great bridge players.

Cost is a valid concern. But Jagr was still a dominant player last year. Yes there are other options. I prefer giving the kids a taste but prevailing sentiment is they "need" to "season" in Roch. I disagree but if that is the case, Jagr or Vanek are great bridge players.

I just want a valid reason to own a Jagr jersey.

I guess our definition of 'dominant' just differs. 

I really like Jagr, for the record, and I don't think it's irrational to want to sign him, it's just a "nah not right now for this team" type of thing for me.

I don't think there's a woman in Southern Ontario that Auston Matthews couldn't bed post-haste.  I'm not sure he'd have the keenly honed chutzpah to handle the aftermath like Jagr though.  Just think, if Matthews had finished high school he could have sexually conquered Ontario AND Manitoba.  Had to chase the money in Europe though. Lazy underachiever.

A full bankroll is always a detriment when courting 18 yo Manitoban females...nah can't go there. ;)

There was a healthy bit of pi related sarcasm intended there.

Oh I know, I also know that one season does not a HOFer make. Youth is wasted on the young and all that. Jagr is a freaky piece of NHL history is all I am getting at.

"The Carolina Hurricanes have traded goaltender Eddie Lack, defenseman Ryan Murphy and a 2019 7th round pick to the Calgary Flames for defenseman prospect Keegan Kanzig and a 2019 6th round pick. The Hurricanes are retaining 50 percent of Lack’s salary."

"The Carolina Hurricanes have traded goaltender Eddie Lack, defenseman Ryan Murphy and a 2019 7th round pick to the Calgary Flames for defenseman prospect Keegan Kanzig and a 2019 6th round pick. The Hurricanes are retaining 50 percent of Lack’s salary."

Love this for Calgary. They have a beast of a D-core. Murray might not be great, but he still has potential and can now play sheltered minutes whilst learning from pros. They might actually have the best defense in the league

I don't care about Shattenkirk's big contract. Somebody posted recently that good teams never have to deal with the consequences of the horrible contracts they sign. Lets get Shattenkirk and do some damage in the playoffs this year.

Do those teams really find a way out of it?  I don't think we know that yet.  I think teams temporarily find a way out of it but a year or two later they look like they are trending down and into more trouble.  The Blackhawks don't look that good.  The Kings are struggling.  I don't know who else to look at. 

Everywhere I look,I read:all FA getting calls from10-12teams. Me0 calls.On the contrary,I'm trying to call them,and no ones picking up.1f600.png1f633.png1f1e8-1f1ff.png

Distinct possibility of trolling aside....Jagr, anyone?

Given that I think Jagr could teach Jack how to use his body even better than he does (I have commented that I believe they are very similar players) I am all over that idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.