2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

Friedman said I believe he wants to be in New York Ranger but they made it clear they will not spent big in the off-season again.

Friedman/Shattenkirk: "From what I understand, Buffalo is one of the teams that has made a really big pitch for him." #Sabres

Friedman said I believe he wants to be in New York Ranger but they made it clear they will not spent big in the off-season again.

Friedman/Shattenkirk: "From what I understand, Buffalo is one of the teams that has made a really big pitch for him." #Sabres

If he loves the Rangers that much, does that mean he won't go to the Devils?

Separately, but what about the Islanders?

I'd love to get Vanek cheap to just play WR to Eichel's passes to the front. Plus we could have a 2nd PP with 2 guys that are great just outside the crease. (Moulson & Vanek) Thus we'd have 2 differing styled PP attacks with ROR/Eichel shooters to Reinhart's screens with Okposo and Risto aiding. The 2nd having a more old school get the puck to the net and between our deflection and jamming we should get goals there. Plus there'd be a better chance an opponent could counter such differing PPs.

Plus Vanek devours the Bruins

Shattenkirk is something I'd have to warm up to.

Against it at the expected price, and more interested in a shutdown guy than a scoring guy.

But he is a legit top-four D and would probably shine with Housley.

Honestly did not think we'd do much more than a cursory call.

Eek. I don't think I'd want them to sign him based on a big pitch.

Shattenkirk is something I'd have to warm up to.

Against it at the expected price, and more interested in a shutdown guy than a scoring guy.

But he is a legit top-four D and would probably shine with Housley.

Honestly did not think we'd do much more than a cursory call.

Hmmm.

Imagine if we got Shattenkirk and, say, Scandella, while being able to dump Bogo?

McCabe-Risto

Scandella-Shattenkirk

Beaulieu-Antipin

Or some permutation thereof. It's not Nashville's top-4, but it'd be a quantum leap over what we iced last season.

*searches for new pants*

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Imagine if we got Shattenkirk and, say, Scandella, while being able to dump Bogo?

McCabe-Risto

Scandella-Shattenkirk

Beaulieu-Antipin

Or some permutation thereof. It's not Nashville's top-4, but it'd be a quantum leap over what we iced last season.

*searches for new pants*

How to dump Bogo?

Also: Ew.

Im not really interested in Scandella to be honest. 

I don't love Scandella, but he's proven to be a useful player in a really good unit. That's what we're looking to assemble here, unless Risto morphs into Subban.

How to dump Bogo?

Also: Ew.

I still think we can get somebody to bite on Bogo--age, physical tools, draft pedigree. Somebody is going to think a change of scenery would work. I'm not saying we'd get anything useful in return, but I think a partner could be found.

Platinum Seat Ghosts‏ @3rdPeriodSuits  3h3 hours ago

More

Replying to @3rdPeriodSuits

Seravelli says he thinks the Panthers are desperately trying to peddle Demers and get him off the books.

Still think a cheap trade for Demers is a better option than throwing the vault at Shattenkirk.

Would prefer to see that myself.

Replying to @3rdPeriodSuits

Seravelli says he thinks the Panthers are desperately trying to peddle Demers and get him off the books.

Still think a cheap trade for Demers is a better option than throwing the vault at Shattenkirk.

Same here, but either one I'm pretty happy with 

A big pitch for Shattenkirk signals that JBot is looking to upgrade the D big time. That's comforting.

Translation... Shattenkirk is using BUF to up the bidding.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.