Lindy not being retained by Dallas

Brawndo

Oh, you're referring to the "conference semifinals?"

That is Gen-X weak-willed construct if there ever was one.

Don't go blaming that one on Gen-Xers. That's courtesy of Boomers like Bettman to coddle the Gen-Yers & Millenials. :p Edited by Taro T

I got to wondering what the NHL calls the second round these days. The second round. Why not the Metropolitan Division etc. Semifinal? (Toronto ex-officio.)

Where do you all stand on Stanley Cup Finals vs. Stanley Cup Final? (Or lower case F.)

I got to wondering what the NHL calls the second round these days. The second round. Why not the Metropolitan Division etc. Semifinal? (Toronto ex-officio.)

Where do you all stand on Stanley Cup Finals vs. Stanley Cup Final? (Or lower case F.)

"Stanley Cup Finally: why are we playing hockey half way through June?"

While we're at it, locker room or dressing room? Ain't no lockers in there.

Women's national team just won gold, so at least the women are winners.

Goddamn right they are! Americans are just better than Canadians at hockey, that's all. As the last 2 major international tournaments have clearly proven.

Edited by ubkev

Because sometimes it's the crappy roster not the coach that's the problem.

Bingo. That roster is a ###### mess, and Nill completely screwed Lindy by losing Goligoski and having the worst goaltending in the league, two things Lindy's system desperately needs

Edited by WildCard

Oh this seals it.  The Sabres just HAVE to hire Lindy now.  Dallas Morning News:  "Dallas Stars go the nostalgic route, hiring coach Ken Hitchcock to replace Lindy Ruff, sources confirm"

We need Lindy so we can have a true Cup Finals rematch with the Stars.

I can see it now:

NHL June 18th 2019 -

The NHL would like to clarify the controversial overtime goal last night in game 7 between the Stars and Sabres. Replays do show that Jamie Benn was a few inches offside while entering the zone on what would become the Finals-deciding goal. The goal was ruled good, however, as per updated NHL policy sent out in a top secret memo on April 1st. That update read, "if a player enters the opposing zone offside, but a suitable amount of time passes between the zone entry and a goal is scored, the goal shall be allowed.". Thank you and we'll all be CUP CRAZY in 2020!

I can see it now:

NHL June 18th 2019 -

The NHL would like to clarify the controversial overtime goal last night in game 7 between the Stars and Sabres. Replays do show that Jamie Benn was a few inches offside while entering the zone on what would become the Finals-deciding goal. The goal was ruled good, however, as per updated NHL policy sent out in a top secret memo on April 1st. That update read, "if a player enters the opposing zone offside, but a suitable amount of time passes between the zone entry and a goal is scored, the goal shall be allowed.". Thank you and we'll all be CUP CRAZY in 2020!

God dammit. The coach's challenge is totally what is going to screw us out of another Cup. Dan Bylsma, finally gifted a challenge that he could actually win, isn't allowed to make it because the Stars are already celebrating and the league wouldn't want to have to clean up the ice, right?

Do people actually want to hire Lindy Ruff back? 

giphy.gif

Nostalgia is not how you win, sorry. Lindy's message was getting old for this league 10 years ago. This would be like when the Bills brought back Marv. It would be pandering, and all it would do is hinder us for another 3 years until we realise we have to fire him again, and then we feel all about it all over again.

Lindy was a nice coach for us; he coached some good teams. This line from this article says it all to me: "Dallas is right where they were four years ago - out of the playoffs, struggling and in search of a new leader." His time is done. Get someone new. 

Do people actually want to hire Lindy Ruff back? 

giphy.gif

Nostalgia is not how you win, sorry. Lindy's message was getting old for this league 10 years ago. This would be like when the Bills brought back Marv. It would be pandering, and all it would do is hinder us for another 3 years until we realise we have to fire him again, and then we feel all ###### about it all over again.

Lindy was a nice coach for us; he coached some good teams. This line from this article says it all to me: "Dallas is right where they were four years ago - out of the playoffs, struggling and in search of a new leader." His time is done. Get someone new. 

Not sure what I want.  I just think it's kind of funny.  It apparently trolled the out of you.  :D

For anyone who wants to revisit:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21674-sabres-fire-lindy-ruff/?hl=lindy%20ruff

It's what I remembered. Everyone knew he needed to be fired, but no one was really happy about it.

Yeh but I wanted Darcy gone first.... still wonder if Linde could take team to next level?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.