GDT Meh Part Deux 3-11-17 CBJ at Buffalo 7 pm

Brawndo

Unbelievable!

I love Jack Eichel.

Funny, I haven't seen any hot takes about him merely being "good" lately.

As far as I can tell, Brad Marchand has that distinction, with 22 goals and 39 points, compared to Eichel's 13 goals and 35 points.

He doesn't count as a human being.

Reason #198237128947512897264 to ignore 99% of what athletes say: Evander Kane just credited Deslauriers with turning the game around.

Whoa Lenny

The only reason they won is they tuned out DD during the first intermission so they could watch Beyond Blue & Gold. Ten-year-old Lindy Ruff video is more inspiring than Dreary D.

there is some leadership in that room, nice comeback tonight

I had a nice time watching that game. 

It's one of many reasons why I am not worried about the "it" factor, and why I believe that when we address the tangible things that predictably lead to mediocrity, we will then appear to be full of "it". 

It will be a crime against humanity if we never get to see Kaner and Foligno play on this team in the playoffs, IMO. 

Jack can be goofy and a little off and then be the reason we win at the end, it's amazing that we have a player like that.

Lehner was still kinda all over the place, but he came up huge. 

There was a faceoff in the offensive zone, tied at 3, after a commercial break, and Gorges was the left point man for some reason. ROR won it directly to him and he directly gave it away and Columbus almost scored on the ensuing rush. Comical. 

CBus is going to get bounced early. Torts lets them play creative, but doesn't give them much of any structure. One of Pittsburgh or Washington is going to pick these guys apart.

I can't lie... That place got hopping after that abysmal start..... We got nasty, bogo and d-lo and even Foligno were all looking to roll some heads. Gionta and gorges were physical too. Some good battling, and a comeback with an epic save. This is the potential.... Now if there was only some way to unlock it..... Hmmmm

That's been Foligno's game all year.  DLo looked much better tonight than he has all year.  Maybe the assist last game got his juices flowing, but he looked more like he did in years past and not just a roster filler.

Although he didn't show it on the score sheet, I thought Ennis looked good as well, especially on the second power play unit, moving the puck.  I hope if he's still here next year, he shows a bit of a resurgence like GIonta and Moulson did this year.

I'd love to see the analytics that compare the Sabres behind to the Sabres with the lead.

The difference seems to be night and day.

Regarding the emotional investment and edge of the players, that, like the way they play with and without a lead, is a reflection of their coach.

Not sure if we are offically eliminated but whatever...the  truth is losing to Columbus Friday was no big deal as they have a great record. but for the record, it is interesting to see Columbus, like the Leafs, play such a wide open, no defense style of hockey. I know we love to complain about our Defense, but really our's is certainly better then either of these teams. they simply try to 0outscore the other team, and rely on their goalies to keep them in games. Like when was the last time one of our goalies won us a game? Miller never did when we needed him to  , and that hasn;t changed now. The style we play is ironically best suited for playoffs, which we won;t see. It is interesting also to note we are better when behind, as we keep attacking til the end of the game, as opposed to when we have a lead early then try to hang on for dear life (just as Lindy's system dictated). maybe we should get behind every game...

Not sure if we are offically eliminated but whatever...the  truth is losing to Columbus Friday was no big deal as they have a great record. but for the record, it is interesting to see Columbus, like the Leafs, play such a wide open, no defense style of hockey. I know we love to complain about our Defense, but really our's is certainly better then either of these teams. they simply try to 0outscore the other team, and rely on their goalies to keep them in games. Like when was the last time one of our goalies won us a game? Miller never did when we needed him to  , and that hasn;t changed now. The style we play is ironically best suited for playoffs, which we won;t see. It is interesting also to note we are better when behind, as we keep attacking til the end of the game, as opposed to when we have a lead early then try to hang on for dear life (just as Lindy's system dictated). maybe we should get behind every game...

Columbus is tied with San Jose for the 2nd least goals given up in the entire NHL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.