GDT Meh Part Deux 3-11-17 CBJ at Buffalo 7 pm

Brawndo

Alternatively, you could just admit to being wrong :P

Hey, by this time next year I may have to do the same with Kane. You'll have good company! :)

In time I hope that I am wrong.  I never said he's not going to be our savior.  I said I have doubts.  Mentioning said doubts brings a reaction akin to calling one's mother a tramp. 

Edited by We've

Not sure if we are offically eliminated but whatever...the  truth is losing to Columbus Friday was no big deal as they have a great record. but for the record, it is interesting to see Columbus, like the Leafs, play such a wide open, no defense style of hockey. I know we love to complain about our Defense, but really our's is certainly better then either of these teams. they simply try to 0outscore the other team, and rely on their goalies to keep them in games. Like when was the last time one of our goalies won us a game? Miller never did when we needed him to  , and that hasn;t changed now. The style we play is ironically best suited for playoffs, which we won;t see. It is interesting also to note we are better when behind, as we keep attacking til the end of the game, as opposed to when we have a lead early then try to hang on for dear life (just as Lindy's system dictated). maybe we should get behind every game...

One mistake by Lehner and they don't win yesterday. Fortunately he didn't make any.

The Atkinson (I think was the shooter) save with the goalie pulled was as big a game-saver as I've seen.

No, it was the one in OT as he stopped 36 of 38 to outduel Carey Price in Montreal.

Lehner ain't perfect but it sure seems like his good games get forgotten pretty quickly around here.

He played great, the jackets had some in close chances as our D are woefully incapable of clearing the front of the net.... I sat 1st row of the end in the 300's so for 2 periods I had a great view of our D and lehner, the Atkinson save was fantastic.... But, I need to add, that Atkinson did put the put back into lehner and had a lot of net to shoot at.....

2 years ago we cheered Atkinson, now even with all the negative vibes around here (somewhat justified) we are happy we stopped him at the end of a game.... That's progress for what it's worth.

One mistake by Lehner and they don't win yesterday. Fortunately he didn't make any.

The Atkinson (I think was the shooter) save with the goalie pulled was as big a game-saver as I've seen.

No, it was the one in OT as he stopped 36 of 38 to outduel Carey Price in Montreal.

Lehner ain't perfect but it sure seems like his good games get forgotten pretty quickly around here.

That pad save from point blank by I think Gagner in the second was as big a save as you can get out of a goalie.

Mike Harrington doesn't think it was impressive. After all, it was only an assist.

He probably thinks his empty net goal was a greater display of skill and more important than that set-up, and that Jack didn't do much to contribute until the goal.

On another note, Reinhart has surpassed his point total from last year, in 12 less games. Good to see!

Edited by Thorny

Late to the party, but I had tickets to this game and went with a group of 8. Hit up the new Pizza Plant before hand, which was great for some calzone pod action. Place was jammed packed by 5/5:30.

First period was awful (as I'm sure many of you mentioned since I didn't read the thread), but was redeemed by a nice Blue Jackets fan sitting next to me chatting hockey. Girl from our group (1st hockey game) was enthusiastic enough to get on the jumbotron, which was... fun?

Second an Third period was like watching a whole different team, whether it was replacing Nillson with Lehner, or all the scrappy play and fighting, but they looked alive and was a highly entertaining game. We all went into the game with the same attitude as the GDT "meh" since they are basically out of the playoff hunt and the Blue jackets are playing very well lately. Surprisingly entertained throughout the day.

Lol. Columbus anchors complaining about Erod not getting a double minor for high sticking after Jack Johnson's interference/cross check/roughing is what caused it.

The Columbus fan next to me was really looking for a penalty there, saying you always need to be in control of your stick (which is true); but I did point out that the ref appropriately swallowed his whistle when the cross check from behind is what caused the high stick. Good no call on offsetting penalties if you ask me.

Peters is definitely much more comfortable in front of a camera than May.

I was very surprised to see him at all, given his recent altercation with the minor league youth team. I would think the Sabres PR would want nothing to do with him, but instead they parade him out there like nothing happened.

I have major concerns with Bills/Sabres PR & Communications departments lately.

Yep.

This is so weak. If my aunt had a ######, she'd be my uncle.

Every team that's out of the playoffs has young and promising players and should be better next year and was a winning streak (or two=Colorado) away from being a playoff team.

#######=cooter

I was very surprised to see him at all, given his recent altercation with the minor league youth team. I would think the Sabres PR would want nothing to do with him, but instead they parade him out there like nothing happened.

Lately?

Edited by PASabreFan

Just thought I'd throw this out there.  Glad I didn't see the 1st period.  But very happy I caught periods 2 and 3.  McCabe scoring beyond early in the 2nd made me keep it on.  Even though they were down 3-1 after the goal, really felt like the Sabres were about to take control.  And of course they did.  Main point of this post is that periods 2 and 3 were arguably the most entertaining of the season.  Eichel's feed to Kane on the power play couldn't have been any better.  And Kane's finish on that was amongst the elite in my opinion.  Took a brief look and then went top shelf.  Many may have one timed it or simply threw it at the net.  Kane picked a spot and nailed it.  The debate of whether or not to re-sign Kane needs to end. Eichel and Kane play very well together.  Don't break it up. 

Evander Kane has always been a first line talent and for the past three months he has been a first-lane player.

Good on him and whoever has helped him make it happen.

(I'll credit Murray and not Bylsma because narrative ????)

Edited by dudacek

I'm not sure wut you are even trying to say.

You're not the only one.

I was kind of surprised too. But wasn't he just cleared?

I'm not sure wut you are even trying to say.

It's the loser's lament, the woulda coulda shoulda. It's nice to think the Sabres are on an inevitable path to a Cup because we tanked, but what makes us different than the Islanders or Flyers or Coyotes? It's how franchises sell hope to their fans. Darcy once said players get better every year ("continuous improvement").

We should all be able to agree that GMTM put the rebuild on fast-forward in early 2015. To be sitting here two years later flailing away with a healthy team and out of the playoffs again shouldn't be explainable or acceptable to anyone. Forget needing a winning streak earlier in the season. If they had won three more games after the bye week, they'd be right in the thick of it. Something is amiss.

It's the loser's lament, the woulda coulda shoulda. It's nice to think the Sabres are on an inevitable path to a Cup because we tanked, but what makes us different than the Islanders or Flyers or Coyotes? It's how franchises sell hope to their fans. Darcy once said players get better every year ("continuous improvement").

We should all be able to agree that GMTM put the rebuild on fast-forward in early 2015. To be sitting here two years later flailing away with a healthy team and out of the playoffs again shouldn't be explainable or acceptable to anyone. Forget needing a winning streak earlier in the season. If they had won three more games after the bye week, they'd be right in the thick of it. Something is amiss.

Yeah okay.  I think we agree.

The Islanders, Flyers, and Cyotes don't have anything close to Risto, Jack, and Sam. That's what makes us different.

To be honest they all have something

Isles have their Jack-lite in Tavares

The Coyotes have a more offensive less physical Risto in OEL

And the Flyers have high end young D with a high end Center and Winger, they just seem extremely dependent on Giroux, Vorachek, and Simmons to carry their offense. As we saw Ghostbear made them a playoff team last year, and this year he hasn't quite produced as much thus they are on the outside looking in. 

The Islanders, Flyers, and Cyotes don't have anything close to Risto, Jack, and Sam. That's what makes us different.

This is heavily colored by blue and gold glasses. Which is fine. And, no, I have no idea who the Coyotes have. But I can guarantee they are trying to convince their fans that success is just around the corner, and I can guarantee their fans have three young players they think are the cat's pajamas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.