GDT Meh Part Deux 3-11-17 CBJ at Buffalo 7 pm

Brawndo

This is heavily colored by blue and gold glasses. Which is fine. And, no, I have no idea who the Coyotes have. But I can guarantee they are trying to convince their fans that success is just around the corner, and I can guarantee their fans have three young players they think are the cat's pajamas.

It's really not though. Sure, they have a ton of great prospects, but they don't have Jack. Only Toronto, Edmonton, and Winnipeg can be as happy as we are with their franchise cornerstone at such a young age

This is heavily colored by blue and gold glasses. Which is fine. And, no, I have no idea who the Coyotes have. But I can guarantee they are trying to convince their fans that success is just around the corner, and I can guarantee their fans have three young players they think are the cat's pajamas.

No, it's not. Our young, high end talent is much better than those teams, and much more likely to lead to long term success. Our supporting cast of not-too-old vets (O'Reilly, Okposo, and Kane) is also very good. We have so much under-utilized forward talent.

No, it's not. Our young, high end talent is much better than those teams, and much more likely to lead to long term success. Our supporting cast of not-too-old vets (O'Reilly, Okposo, and Kane) is also very good. We have so much under-utilized forward talent.

I hope it gets utilized. Maybe next year. I'd love to see how much patience you'll have if nothing pans out for the next 30 years (but I'll be truly unable to comprehend by then, most likely). You'll be in Show Me Mode, too.

I hope it gets utilized. Maybe next year. I'd love to see how much patience you'll have if nothing pans out for the next 30 years (but I'll be truly unable to comprehend by then, most likely). You'll be in Show Me Mode, too.

And yet, so much has, hasn't it (innit)?

It must be my age, the deaths in 2016 of some loved ones (who loved the Sabres). I've become much more philosophical and blissed out about my fandom.

Destinations are uncertain and, once you're there, generally overrated. It's the journey that matters. 

If you think about it, only one team can win a cup in a season.  Even if everybody got to take turns, twice in a lifetime would be about as many as you could expect to see your team win.  In reality, there is no such guarantee.  Many fans of many teams will never see them win.  Possibly us. 

If winning the cup is the only positive outcome, I think we, and millions of other fans of other teams and sports, need to reevaluate what we're doing with our time.  I mean, more than we should be already. 

There's more to it than that, and we all know it.  That having been said, winning is better than losing, but even in losses we can all find things to appreciate (for instance, Jack catching fire as the team plummets this season).  I can't waste another minute of the limited number I have worrying about it, to be honest.  I watch hockey, and sports in general, because I enjoy the games.  Each game starts fresh and plays out, then there's another one afterwards, however the previous one ends. 

That having been said, I hope the Sabres absolutely stuff a metaphorical air tank in the Sharks' mouths and then hit it with a shotgun tonight, blowing their heads off with an implausible explosion.  Let's go, Boys. 

If you think about it, only one team can win a cup in a season.  Even if everybody got to take turns, twice in a lifetime would be about as many as you could expect to see your team win.  In reality, there is no such guarantee.  Many fans of many teams will never see them win.  Possibly us. 

If winning the cup is the only positive outcome, I think we, and millions of other fans of other teams and sports, need to reevaluate what we're doing with our time.  I mean, more than we should be already. 

There's more to it than that, and we all know it.  That having been said, winning is better than losing, but even in losses we can all find things to appreciate (for instance, Jack catching fire as the team plummets this season).  I can't waste another minute of the limited number I have worrying about it, to be honest.  I watch hockey, and sports in general, because I enjoy the games.  Each game starts fresh and plays out, then there's another one afterwards, however the previous one ends. 

That having been said, I hope the Sabres absolutely stuff a metaphorical air tank in the Sharks' mouths and then hit it with a shotgun tonight, blowing their heads off with an implausible explosion.  Let's go, Boys. 

Great post.  So true....  :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.