GDT: Sabres at Habs -- 1/21/17, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

Game on!

Will Carey Price finally rise to the occasion vs his nemesis Anders Nilsson?

Will Casey Nelson give Shea Weber another lesson in NHL defense, toughness and general manhood?

The Habs are in 1st place in the division but a so-so 4-4 in their last 8.

Patchy is having a nice season with 21 goals so far.

I say.. when everyone is tired.  Call in the Brute Squad and go Old Tyme Hockey...

Line brawls, rack up the minutes, beat them until their whites become their reds...

Or you know.. just go score a bunch of goals.

After a LONG week of work, I'm looking forward to settling down and watching some hockey.

Be careful, my friend.  This is what they do.  They get you kinda psyched to watch a game and then, when you've got your food and your drink and your spot by the TV all set up -- they pitch a stinker.

Be careful, my friend.  This is what they do.  They get you kinda psyched to watch a game and then, when you've got your food and your drink and your spot by the TV all set up -- they pitch a stinker.

Haha true dat.

That's been the last bunch of years madness of being a Sabres fan.

I can hear DB already preaching we can't trade chances with this team so I expect the same type of game the devils played em last night. A 4 or 3 to 1 loss.

Hope for the best prepare for the worst, come on Sabres surprise me.

After a LONG week of work, I'm looking forward to settling down and watching some hockey.

See Also: Last Thursday through Tuesday. 

I doubt McCabe can play, no lefties in the system except Guhle. That emergency recall provision can be used again?

I'd like to see this kid fly on Hockey Night in Canada.

They won't bring Guhle up until near the end of the season. They don't want to use up a year of his contract if he plays more than 9 games.

I'm interested to see Nelson. He hasn't looked ready for prime time, but has shown flashes of good skating and puck skills IMHO.

We should remember that most defensemen take a while to learn the NHL game -- Soupy was still getting healthy-scratched in 2005 -- and he got a $50MM deal in 2008.

Price has been human since December. Sabres have been awful since 2011, though.

Risto is going to be putrid, and O'Reilly may be quiet.

Gonna miss most of this one, hopefully that's something that bums me out tonight as opposed to giving relief.

You really are Mr Sunshine. I know in your head the Sabres lost last night, but they actually won the game, and it was awesome (as MODO will tell you.)

Going to be interesting to see what wheels they have by the end of the game. Going to see some live music tonight so I'll be watching this one on delay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.