GDT: Sabres at Habs -- 1/21/17, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

You really are Mr Sunshine. I know in your head the Sabres lost last night, but they actually won the game, and it was awesome (as MODO will tell you.)

Going to be interesting to see what wheels they have by the end of the game. Going to see some live music tonight so I'll be watching this one on delay.

You can say that again.

Luckily for us, Montreal played and traveled too, so I assume they'll be tired as well. 

You really are Mr Sunshine. I know in your head the Sabres lost last night, but they actually won the game, and it was awesome (as MODO will tell you.)

Going to be interesting to see what wheels they have by the end of the game. Going to see some live music tonight so I'll be watching this one on delay.

Are you going to see Three Doors Down?  I heard they're back to playing the lounge circuit.

I'm interested to see Nelson. He hasn't looked ready for prime time, but has shown flashes of good skating and puck skills IMHO.

We should remember that most defensemen take a while to learn the NHL game -- Soupy was still getting healthy-scratched in 2005 -- and he got a $50MM deal in 2008.

Nelson was really getting pushed around. If he toughened up a bit in the AHL he might play well

Don't know if I want to go in a debate with all the Lehner haters, but I have a lot less confidence in Nillson than Lehner.

Rebound control aside, I think Nilsson is way more out of position than Lehner.

Yea well i cant say i agree though, i think lehner is just bad karma, the team looks so frustrated when he is in the net, mr rebound.

Must win.

Is a Nelson call-up confirmed? I was hoping for Burgdoerfer. 

Per SabresPR on Twitter: 

Roster Move: The Sabres have recalled defenseman Casey Nelson from Rochester (AHL).

Possible D Pairs

Bogo - Risto
Falk - Franson
Fedun - Nelson

Welp

I'd put Falk and Fedun together and let Nelson play with Franson.

Hockey Night In Canada!!

And in Montreal to boot. I love hockey at The Forum.

My strategy worked yesterday, so I will log off at puck drop and will only check in tomorrow morning.

GO SABRES!!

This would be a night I'd make the 4-hour drive to Montreal and find a scalper dumping a single seat in the nosebleeds a few minutes before the face off.

Then get a room and enjoy some smoked meat and bagels, or dim sum before heading home. Unfortunately I have to work.

This seems topical:  http://sports.yahoo.com/news/whats-behind-carey-prices-recent-slump-220350694.html

Although Price had a strong start to the season, he’s now mired in the kind on slump that’s rather foreign to him. In his last 10 times out, he’s allowed three or more goals eight times and posted a sub-.900 save percentage on six occasions.

The Canadiens have played 46 games this season, allowing an average of 29.8 shots per contest. In Price’s last 10 they’ve conceded 298 shots – aka 29.8 per game. Price has seen no increase in the rubber he’s faced in recent weeks. In fact, during his worst start of the season on Jan. 12 he allowed seven goals facing only 24 shots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.