We never fought like this before,

even when Boston won in four

O SabreSpace, O SabreSpace,

I hope we change, O SabreSpace.

When Hasek blocked pucks, posts would ring

When Peca hit folks, pain he'd bring 

Look.  It's tough.  The team sucks, and it's easy to get at each other.

I've been through worse and I'll bet most everyone else here has too.  This is a board about a hockey team.  It's not about life.  It's about hockey.  

I love all of you.  All of you have made my life a little easier, through humor, through sympathy, through whatever.  But mostly because this is a diversion from reality.  Hockey is a DIVERSION FROM REALITY.

Let's all keep that in mind.  I'm as frustrated--maybe even more frustrated--at the state of the team.

But I love you all.  Yeah, even you, PA.  (I know that your first two letters are the same as the first two letters in "PAin in the ass" and I do not think it's an accident.)

Merry Christmas to all of you. 

Let's go back to the salad days

When Max was scoring on breakaways

I've been through worse and I'll bet most everyone else here has too.  This is a board about a hockey team.  It's not about life.  It's about hockey.  

I love all of you.  All of you have made my life a little easier, through humor, through sympathy, through whatever.  But mostly because this is a diversion from reality.  Hockey is a DIVERSION FROM REALITY.

Let's all keep that in mind.  I'm as frustrated--maybe even more frustrated--at the state of the team.

But I love you all.  Yeah, even you, PA.  (I know that your first two letters are the same as the first two letters in "PAin in the ass" and I do not think it's an accident.)

Glad you're back. (Even if I never do rate high enough to end up in one of these poems. ;))

:beer:

Hockey is a DIVERSION FROM REALITY.

Yep. And when the diversion is worst than reality, you get this.

Hope you stick around. Or at least step away and refresh, then come back.

Hope the rest of you stick around too.

I disagree with some of you, but I enjoy most of you.

I'd hate to lose this place.

Merry Christmas Sabre fans.

We've come through the worst of it.

Let's stick it out for the better days.

Indeed.  If the conversation here hasn't been the enjoyable diversion it's supposed to be -- take a couple of weeks off (I used to disappear for most of the summers), but don't delete the bookmark or forget your password.  It's quite possible that we'll have a new coach and a winning streak in a few weeks' time, and Jackie Boy will have us seeing stars.

In the meantime, I wish everyone a very Merry Xmas/Happy Hannuka/Fun Festivus/etc.

I hope everyone gets some time off with friends and family and has a great start to 2017.

(Holy mackerel there was a huge blowout argument among my in-laws -- fortunately not including my wife -- and the big family Xmas almost got cancelled.  Order was restored and the plans were back on as of yesterday, but things are still a bit touchy.)

Indeed.  If the conversation here hasn't been the enjoyable diversion it's supposed to be -- take a couple of weeks off (I used to disappear for most of the summers), but don't delete the bookmark or forget your password.  It's quite possible that we'll have a new coach and a winning streak in a few weeks' time, and Jackie Boy will have us seeing stars.

In the meantime, I wish everyone a very Merry Xmas/Happy Hannuka/Fun Festivus/etc.

I hope everyone gets some time off with friends and family and has a great start to 2017.

(Holy mackerel there was a huge blowout argument among my in-laws -- fortunately not including my wife -- and the big family Xmas almost got cancelled.  Order was restored and the plans were back on as of yesterday, but things are still a bit touchy.)

So it's YOU!!!! :p

:beer:

Hope they resolve the differences long enough to have a good evening today or tomorrow (whenever yours meet up). Merry Christmas to all. Happy Hanukkah, Kwanza, Festivus, Solstice, or whatever it is you (you, as in the reader, not n) may celebrate if not Christmas. :beer:

Yay SANTA!!!

I was pondering where our fun Christmas song was this year.

I thought about attempting to do one yesterday, but realized I'm not witty enough lol.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy new year, and all other celebrated/remembered causes. To all of SS, future present and past

This is too awesome +100, If you leave for awhile, HURRY BACK

I disagree with some of you, but I enjoy most of you.

I'd hate to lose this place.

I couldn't have said this better

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or whatever you have good cause to Celebrate!!!!

Hi Santa,

I love Santa.  He is awesome.

Looks like everything has taken a toll, so take some time to regenerate.  I hope to see you in the not too distant future.  My annual Ramadan break is great on so many levels.  I wish the same for you, dear Santa.

Much love,

Your biggest fan in Nova Scotia

(you do remember my address, eh?)

------

To everyone,

My one hope, as is always the case at this time of year and always, is for world peace and harmony.  If not the world than I hope we can achieve it in our own little world(s), which includes Sabespace.

Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrates in any way.  And to everyone else, please see my message above.

Salam / Peace.

NS

Oh Santa,

Over here in NS.

One other thing.  A good friend is a bit bummed.  I think you know who she is ... you know everything, right?

Please put a little extra something in her stocking tonight and put it on my tab.  Thanks.

I'm not sure where to send you, but you know best ... her temporary address is near Shanahan's house ...  ;)

Thanks, Santa.

You're the best!!

Merry Christmas to you Eleven, and everyone else on this board. Health, prosperity and peace in the new year.  GO SABRES!

Merry Christmas 11 and to all the other old time posters I know. Chz, nfreeman, taro, x, Aud, deluca, PA, and the many others I have engaged in xmas past.

Still lurking and reading, lots of good new timers here now as well. Sorry life(family, work,...) is more of a priority for me now than social media. Well not really sorry.

I hope this finds all well and enjoying the holiday with family and friends as best as possible.

And my last wish is for a happy new year that finds us all with a hockey team we all have been waiting for.

Now if Santa could pull that off well that a Merry Christmas indeed!

Let the season be merry, no matter what you celebrate.  

I get yet one more year with my kids believing in the big man... but I look forward to when they can fully understand the magic of the season.

Peace to all.