The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

IT started off real slow, but now that I'm about 1/2 way through it I can't put it down. Less about the horror and more the story.

Can't believe the movie already comes out this week... lots of buzz about this one.  I'm considerably more optimistic than I was about The Dark Tower, which was all but doomed to fail.  I want to see IT because it looks very well done, but I've turned into a chicken in my old age and I'm kinda over horror movies.   :unsure:

The idea of a Cat 5 -- that started out over toward Africa -- making its way to any inhabited area in the Caribbean or U.S. is terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.

...and there's another storm forming right in Irma's tracks- José. 

Friend of our family's kids are in the Bahamas on honeymoon...she's offering up to 30k to get them out of there (yeah, they're bloody loaded). Hotels told everyone to get off the islands but all flights are booked solid, and they're trapped. And that is why I will never plan an island vacation in hurricane season... I sure feel for all the people who can't drop the money to get out. 

My buddy Pat has this problem. Get it looked at. You might need surgery, but it's better than choking to death.

ozkom.jpg

Hurricane Irma. Thing is a Cat 5 now with sustained 175 mph winds. That's INSANE.

My main client is a cop in Miami Shores/North Miami area. He's been installing aluminum shutters and getting ready to hunker down... I admit I'm really scared for him and his family. He can't leave, although his wife/kid might.

I know we've got some Florida posters here, but I can't remember if any of them are coastal/Miami area. Here's hoping this monster weakens and spins off another direction.

Hope everyone will be OK. We are supposed to leave for vaca there in a little over a week but this and Jose are giving me trepidation.

Never been the Cali, Columbia but once I was the King of Spain. :P

Are you still working at Pizza Pizza?

Wildcard: glad I could help. If you work with servers and stuff, it's worth looking up tcpdump and/or tshark; they can capture from the command line on the server and then you can pull the file into Wireshark to analyze it.

Now the Leafs call him up to drive the Zamboni...

Taro, how could you?

Just because they ask doesn't mean a thing. Besides, how do you suppose that puddle got left in front of the Otters net back in '06? ;)

Are you still working at Pizza Pizza?

Wildcard: glad I could help. If you work with servers and stuff, it's worth looking up tcpdump and/or tshark; they can capture from the command line on the server and then you can pull the file into Wireshark to analyze it.

Nah. Hoping to follow in Inky's footsteps. Anybody know where one could get a vintage Caddy cheap? :p

The idea of a Cat 5 -- that started out over toward Africa -- making its way to any inhabited area in the Caribbean or U.S. is terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.

As much as I dislike hyperbole, especially concerning yet-to-happen unpredictable events, I am 100% with you on this one.  This one is really not good.  

The weather report I heard this morning said that over 90% of the structures on the island of Barbuda were destroyed.  They said that the island looked more like a tornado had hit than a hurricane.

I work virtually, but with many many people in the Ft. Lauderdale area.  Our office there didn't close until 10am this morning and many are basically already stranded there as a result.  I'm sure you have all heard that northbound traffic from South Fla. has been insane all day.  The main reason it's not worse is that 9 out of 10 gas stations are empty and the ones that were still open had 2-hour lines (heard this from a resident this morning - undoubtedly worse now).