The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I'm a big fan of jabroni and dingus. 

Many years ago I was watching some heavily tv edited version of something with Sam Jackson in it, and one of the censor phrase substitutions for m*other f*cker was "melon farmer", which stuck around real easy because of how dumb it was.

My favorite example of this ever was a tv edit of The Big Lebowski where a certain hilarious John Goodman line was changed to: "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps." Which in all honesty makes it funnier in a surrealist sort of way.

My favorite example of this ever was a tv edit of The Big Lebowski where a certain hilarious John Goodman line was changed to: "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps." Which in all honesty makes it funnier in a surrealist sort of way.

Yippee-kai-ay, Mr. Falcon.

The chit house graffiti has always been a huge pet peeve of mine but lately it has been amusing. It's a large job with all races, genders and sexualities. You have some classic stuff. "So in so's idea well" with an arrow toward the urinal. "Johnny No Good's drinking straw" with an arrow towards the vent pipe. One unit in particular has erupted with Trump "posts" pro and con. One had a pro Trump message with a win in 2020 and another in 2024 proclaiming DJT is LBJ 2.0. The very next "post" was simply "that was FDR you moron".

It's all fun until someone starts with the racist BS. If anything IronWorkers are tolerant. I am personally offended that some jackass is harassing the many Spanish speaking workers and the LGBT workers on site. It's one thing to have that sort of hatred in your heart but for the love of creation...leave it there!

Go back to drawing wieners you friggin bozos.

I had the pleasure of hanging out in the er the other night, one gentleman was a demented 70 something year old, his story essentially was that he lived next to some "foreign people" what ultimately brought him in was that he took a metal pipe to the windshield of the neighbors car.... And over the last month there were 100 police reports for this gentleman harassing and trying to hit the foreign kids with the pipe.... Troopers said enough was enough.... It's like gran torino without the cool ending. Smh

so I ran down a youtube hole after listening to a podcast with Rachel Bloom as the guest. most of the songs are very NSFW but damn is she funny. she has a lot of videos from the musical numbers from her tv show crazy ex-girlfriend. Highlights for me was The OCDance, Historically accurate disney princess song, I steal pets, and of course her Ray Bradbury song.

https://www.youtube.com/user/racheldoesstuff/videos

I had the pleasure of hanging out in the er the other night, one gentleman was a demented 70 something year old, his story essentially was that he lived next to some "foreign people" what ultimately brought him in was that he took a metal pipe to the windshield of the neighbors car.... And over the last month there were 100 police reports for this gentleman harassing and trying to hit the foreign kids with the pipe.... Troopers said enough was enough.... It's like gran torino without the cool ending. Smh

Glad to see the President is getting out of the house.

I never understood that kind of hatred in someone's heart.

I spent the last week back in my home (which I've talked about here as it being pretty conservative before) helping my parents move. We went out for lunch/dinner, and were calmly/quietly talking about the state of affairs and LGBT issues/military came up. I was informing my parents about trans issues, as they have very little exposure to it and wanted to know more, and I know quite a few who are transitioning/have transitioned.

The table of people next to us got quieter and quieter and it became clear to me they were eavesdropping on our conversation. I glanced over and was met with a group of glares. Not long after, we got up to leave, and they stared at us and one of the women (all were 40 and above) loudly goes "I bet she's a tranny too" and the man looked me head to toe and goes "disgusting".

Good lord I hate going home. I live in my little bubble up here for the most part. It gets popped every time I go back there... I have more stories like that from this weekend but that was the worst one. 

I spent the last week back in my home (which I've talked about here as it being pretty conservative before) helping my parents move. We went out for lunch/dinner, and were calmly/quietly talking about the state of affairs and LGBT issues/military came up. I was informing my parents about trans issues, as they have very little exposure to it and wanted to know more, and I know quite a few who are transitioning/have transitioned.

The table of people next to us got quieter and quieter and it became clear to me they were eavesdropping on our conversation. I glanced over and was met with a group of glares. Not long after, we got up to leave, and they stared at us and one of the women (all were 40 and above) loudly goes "I bet she's a tranny too" and the man looked me head to toe and goes "disgusting".

Good lord I hate going home. I live in my little bubble up here for the most part. It gets popped every time I go back there... I have more stories like that from this weekend but that was the worst one.

What's the point of hatred like that? What does it get you? What does someone gain by holding those beliefs? Does it keep them warm inside? Does it give them a sense of superiority? What is the point of going out of your way to disparage groups of people whom you don't even interact with based on some kind of misguided morality?

What's the point of hatred like that? What does it get you? What does someone gain by holding those beliefs? Does it keep them warm inside? Does it give them a sense of superiority? What is the point of going out of your way to disparage groups of people whom you don't even interact with based on some kind of misguided morality?

Coming from experience, my enormous hatred of Tom Brady has never gotten me anything

On the other hand, my disdain for hippos has kept me alive so far

I find it mostly stems from being socialized to fear/dislike the unfamiliar. People don't get this way on their own, they grow up in communities that teach this behavior to them and allow them to feel comfortable expressing themselves this way. They've been going to churches that tell them being gay is a sin their whole lives and that anything that is even remotely connected to something like identifying other than a straight man or woman is wrong. 

I find it mostly stems from being socialized to fear/dislike the unfamiliar. People don't get this way on their own, they grow up in communities that teach this behavior to them and allow them to feel comfortable expressing themselves this way. They've been going to churches that tell them being gay is a sin their whole lives and that anything that is even remotely connected to something like identifying other than a straight man or woman is wrong.

Of course it's an indoctrination. You see it with small children. They play and laugh with any other small children, doesn't matter what they look like. What's the age where hate is accepted by them? 4-5? 7-10?

Of course it's an indoctrination. You see it with small children. They play and laugh with any other small children, doesn't matter what they look like. What's the age where hate is accepted by them? 4-5? 7-10?

Definitely not by age 5 for a healthy child.

Good question. I mean, kids can be jerks to each other pretty early on, but it's not because they're trying to be. They're just kids. But I think at some point kids start acting out on the things they've been subjected to in social settings. Learned behaviors. If I had to take a guess, it would be about 10-12? Just before middle school is when kids start turning into jerks. By 7th or 8th grade you can tell which kids are being socialized to be total a-holes. 

Good question. I mean, kids can be jerks to each other pretty early on, but it's not because they're trying to be. They're just kids. But I think at some point kids start acting out on the things they've been subjected to in social settings. Learned behaviors. If I had to take a guess, it would be about 10-12? Just before middle school is when kids start turning into jerks. By 7th or 8th grade you can tell which kids are being socialized to be total a-holes.

4th grade. You can tell by 4th grade what kids are going to grow up to be pieces of . I just asked my son. His reply was "anyone who was mean in 4th grade didn't get any better by 7th grade."

Looking back to my younger days, he might just have a point.

4th grade. You can tell by 4th grade what kids are going to grow up to be pieces of ######. I just asked my son. His reply was "anyone who was mean in 4th grade didn't get any better by 7th grade."

Looking back to my younger days, he might just have a point.

I could see that. 

No idea. What really got me about that group was that they had a couple of special needs adults with them. They were caregivers to fellow humans, and yet so callous. I know a LOT of people like that. The neighbors at my parents' new house saw my uncle's gf, who is black, and will now not speak to any of us. My best friend back home's new boyfriend holds super racist views about the children his daughter plays with, and my friend just doesn't want to challenge him on it because "Well I don't agree with his views, but I mean, I just don't care that much, and it's not worth fighting about now". 

Coming from experience, my enormous hatred of Tom Brady has never gotten me anything

On the other hand, my disdain for hippos has kept me alive so far

:w00t: dangerous land whales, those 

Well at least they used the right pronoun (whether you were a tranny or not). 

Think about it.

Yeah, I walked out of there and joked with my parents that at least they deemed me a passing woman! 

My experience with people who have issues with LGBT, Trans especially, is that they don't know how to address them, feel threatened or weirded out by the new concept, and then essentially lash out with a message of "oh just stop it, be normal". 

I didn't realize until maybe the last 5-7 years how damaging a lot of my opinions and language were. It took gentle education from friends to wake me up. The things I'd say and believe were just so ingrained, and I held myself in a light of "I'm one of the GOOD ones because I'm NOT an overtly racist/sexist/awful POS, the crap I say is meant to be funny or flippant, I don't REALLY mean it, it's sarcasm"... which in my community, was sort of true. You couldn't tell me otherwise. I was young and ignorant. Definitely took the realization that people would hear me and think I was an idiot or worse, that I was hurting people I genuinely liked, to make me really reconsider my course. "ha ha I was drunk" is not an excuse, either. 

No idea. What really got me about that group was that they had a couple of special needs adults with them. They were caregivers to fellow humans, and yet so callous. I know a LOT of people like that. The neighbors at my parents' new house saw my uncle's gf, who is black, and will now not speak to any of us. My best friend back home's new boyfriend holds super racist views about the children his daughter plays with, and my friend just doesn't want to challenge him on it because "Well I don't agree with his views, but I mean, I just don't care that much, and it's not worth fighting about now".

:w00t: dangerous land whales, those

Yeah, I walked out of there and joked with my parents that at least they deemed me a passing woman!

My experience with people who have issues with LGBT, Trans especially, is that they don't know how to address them, feel threatened or weirded out by the new concept, and then essentially lash out with a message of "oh just stop it, be normal".

I didn't realize until maybe the last 5-7 years how damaging a lot of my opinions and language were. It took gentle education from friends to wake me up. The things I'd say and believe were just so ingrained, and I held myself in a light of "I'm one of the GOOD ones because I'm NOT an overtly racist/sexist/awful POS, the crap I say is meant to be funny or flippant, I don't REALLY mean it, it's sarcasm"... which in my community, was sort of true. You couldn't tell me otherwise. I was young and ignorant. Definitely took the realization that people would hear me and think I was an idiot or worse, that I was hurting people I genuinely liked, to make me really reconsider my course. "ha ha I was drunk" is not an excuse, either.

You know how hard it is to break yourself from saying "that's so gay!"? Or "what are you, retarded?"

I'm working on not being such an ignorant . It's an uphill battle.

The next one will be tougher: calling men various feminine things in a disparaging manner. I'll admit, "hit 'em with your purse Housley" makes me chuckle, but we're telling a boys that the worse thing to be is a woman. And telling women that only failed men act like them. I'm mad at myself whenever I read it.

Edited by MattPie

You know how hard it is to break yourself from saying "that's so gay!"? Or "what are you, retarded?"

I'm working on not being such an ignorant ######. It's an uphill battle.

The biggest casualty of becoming a more mindful person has been my repertoire of insults and mocking phrases. You really have to put thought into how you sh*t on someone nowadays. It's been for the better though. I think calling someone a sh*theel is much more enjoyable. 

The next one will be tougher: calling men various feminine things in a disparaging manner. I'll admit, "hit 'em with your purse Housley" makes me chuckle, but we're telling a boys that the worse thing to be is a woman. And telling women that only failed men act like them. I'm mad at myself whenever I read it.

These have definitely been the hardest to shake. 

The biggest casualty of becoming a more mindful person has been my repertoire of insults and mocking phrases. You really have to put thought into how you sh*t on someone nowadays. It's been for the better though. I think calling someone a sh*theel is much more enjoyable. 

I'm looking forward to using "melon farmer" on someone. :)