The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

This has been happening since I was a little kid. I still get food stuck in there all the time but this is the first time I've choked like that in a long time. I still feel like something's in there although I can breathe and swallow fine. I think I should call my doctor today.

This has been happening since I was a little kid. I still get food stuck in there all the time but this is the first time I've choked like that in a long time. I still feel like something's in there although I can breathe and swallow fine. I think I should call my doctor today.

Yeah, you should.

What the F is it with today? Just got home from the ER. I take 3 bites into dinner and boom! I'm choking! I run to the sink and I don't know what I did but it's out enough I can breathe a little but it's still there so I take a slug of water. Bad friggin idea. I'm choking all over again. This time I'm making noise and gurgling and that gets my wife's attention. The third time I cried "choking" she figured out what I was saying. I refused to go to the hospital though because I'm a moron. I tried stuffing my finger down my throat 6 or 7 times but I couldn't get it to move and I was just making things worse. An hour later as I'm turning purple I agree to go. The lady at the desk was freaking out a bit by my appearance but as they were all hustling about what was in my throat started to move and clear out. They kept me a half hour to make sure I was ok. I am. I'm rattled a bit and my throats hurts like hell......I'm breathing.

I'm going to bed.

Wow! Glad you were still around to post this!

A house in our neighborhood was struck by lightning last night. They wound up with an attic fire. I've never seen so many fire trucks fly into a neighborhood rapid fire style. They put it out quickly. It was probably a very good thing that someone was home when it happened. If no one was there to report it quickly, I bet the house would have been a total loss.

There was one of those cardboard sign panhandlers at the intersection the other day. I had just bought a 6 packs of pints so I hollered "hey you want one of these?"

Great big grin. "I don't know...guess I could have one..."

The exchange made me chuckle.

It's possible. I'd go download Wireshark and do a packet capture to see what's going out over the wire, that will be fairly definitive. Plus, you're a software person right? Wireshark may be one of *the* most important tools for diagnosing network issues with software. Apps and logs lie, the wire doesn't.

PM me and I can help some if needed.

Edit: Also, keep an eye on https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning. They offer free ebooks daily, a couple of which are Wireshark-related, and almost all of them are software development themed.

Great advice. Downloaded Wireshark, am currently playing around on it. Cable provider only gave me the IP of the machine that downloaded the illegal stream, not the one that shared it, and are claiming we shared it, so not really sure what I can do until they provide the source IP

Josie came back from Ohio with a box of random stuff including a very cool Gillette Senator double edged safety razor that was either her grandfather's or great-grandfather's. Gillette originally made them in 1938 and this one is in decent shape. So I ordered some blades for it and decided to give it a shot today.

First off, I didn't find it nearly as difficult to shave with as I expected. I even found the courage to go against the grain in some spots like I always do with my disposable Mach 3's. It's the only way I can get a close enough shave.

Cut myself more than I normally would, but not egregiously so. And one really big positive is that the single blade made it very easy to edge and get those little hairs under my nose that I can never seem to get with the Mach 3. That's a deal maker.

I'm definitely going to keep using it, mostly because the blades are considerably cheaper yet seem to give a shave that is just about comparable to a modern multi-blade razor if you're willing to take your time and get used the single blade.

Down with big razor.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYZxNRxFlwq/

This can't wait for Thursday. Just had to explain to a colleague, who until relatively recently was a partner in a large law firm, that I, and I assume everyone else, do (does) not appreciate him pissing all over the floor in our private bathroom. Seriously.

He's an old dude, I assume there are prostrate issues, but there was piss on the wall. The wall.

Bonus points, he left crumbs of god knows what all over the desk at the public window.

I'm going to stab him.

Hurricane Irma. Thing is a Cat 5 now with sustained 175 mph winds. That's INSANE. 

My main client is a cop in Miami Shores/North Miami area. He's been installing aluminum shutters and getting ready to hunker down... I admit I'm really scared for him and his family. He can't leave, although his wife/kid might. 

I know we've got some Florida posters here, but I can't remember if any of them are coastal/Miami area. Here's hoping this monster weakens and spins off another direction.